Lua Error on log in screen?

Message: …izzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_FullProductCardTemplates.lua:235: SetPortraitToTexture(): Failed to load FileData ID 3922898: E_MISSING_CRYPTKEY

Time: Tue Nov 30 22:44:23 2021
Count: 1
Stack: …izzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_FullProductCardTemplates.lua:235: SetPortraitToTexture(): Failed to load FileData ID 3922898: E_MISSING_CRYPTKEY

[string “=[C]”]: in function SetPortraitToTexture' [string "@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_FullProductCardTemplates.lua"]:235: in function ShowIcon’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_ProductCardTemplates.lua”]:527: in function UpdateCard' [string "@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua"]:1783: in function StoreFrame_SetCategoryProductCards’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua”]:1707: in function `StoreFrame_SetCategory’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua”]:2231: in function <…e\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:2221>

Locals: (*temporary) = {
0 =
}
(*temporary) = 3922898

How do I go about fixing this?

6 Likes

same been getting

Message: …izzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_FullProductCardTemplates.lua:235: SetPortraitToTexture(): Failed to load FileData ID 3922898: E_MISSING_CRYPTKEY

Time: Wed Dec 1 14:33:19 2021
Count: 1
Stack: …izzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_FullProductCardTemplates.lua:235: SetPortraitToTexture(): Failed to load FileData ID 3922898: E_MISSING_CRYPTKEY

[string “=[C]”]: in function SetPortraitToTexture' [string "@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_FullProductCardTemplates.lua"]:235: in function ShowIcon’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_ProductCardTemplates.lua”]:527: in function UpdateCard' [string "@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua"]:1783: in function StoreFrame_SetCategoryProductCards’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua”]:1707: in function `StoreFrame_SetCategory’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua”]:2231: in function <…e\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:2221>

Locals: (*temporary) = {
0 =
}
(*temporary) = 3922898

3 Likes

Getting the same error. Was not getting this yesterday before reset and haven’t updated any addons.

1 Like

Same for me. Tried scan and repair, and now I can’t do anything. Disabled all my addons, renamed Cashe, WTF, and Interface. When I open the App, it says I need to do an update, when I click on that it says updating for a couple of minutes, then switches to scanning, then I get Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.​Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Ive been getting the same lua error since last night when I logged in.

Already post on this with blue reply that they know of the bug and working on a fix.

4 Likes

Same issue. The only thing I did maybe related to the shop is apply a very old free boost I had from buying bfa or something.

Having the same issue here and none of the „fixes“ work. Any word on how to solve it yet?

Looks like just click it off. Not getting any subsequent errors

Just close the error and ignore. They haven’t fixed yet.

1 Like

Same error, screenshotted it just in case. I’ve been closing and ignoring without any consequence other than the Riva Tuner temperature gauge not working anymore.

I’m getting this too. I’m finding that I don’t see the exclamation points over the heads of quest givers. I can still get the quest, but I have to mouse over every NPC to see if they have a new quest.

You don’t understand. The PLAY Button will NOT even come up. It just days update. Scans gets to the end and then restarts. I’ve been doing it for over 18 hours and it still keeps doing it.

2 Likes

It’s not solved.

This issue is ongoing and still happening for a lot of us who have come here to express concern and confusion. Its not solved for me either.

1 Like

Three different issues are being discussed in this thread.

• Issue #1: An error appears on the login screen within the WoW client, or on character select.

• Issue #2: There is an error on the launcher preventing the use of the Play button.

• Issue #3: A repair or update loop is happening on the Battle.net client.

If you are dealing with Issue #1, the staff is updating another thread with info regarding a fix:

For Issue #2, chime in on the above thread to let them know it’s also affecting the launcher.

Finally, if you’ve encountered Issue #3, then you’ll want to follow the advice repeated in these threads (can jump to Blizzard posts with the buttons on the right-hand side by the scroll bar):

Hopefully, this will get everyone to the correct places for updates and/or info needed to resolve issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.