Let Alts Participate in Trading Post

HAHAHA…

Nope. It would deter them from coming back. Good job designing the game so there are long stretches that aren’t going to be fun and then blaming players for doing something else.

And the idea that new players are expecting to do mythic raiding on day 2 is hilariously clueless. Should they form leveling guilds and have to work their way up through every raid in every expansion to prove they deserve to reach end game?

It’s not realistic to market to players with the message that “You can play the game!” when they aren’t going to be permitted to anytime soon. They have nothing invested in the game. They’ll go find a game that does want them to play.

2 Likes

yes let’s punish people because HOW DARE they quit the game for personal reasons. they must continue to fork over 15$ a month for the right to…uhm why exactly do we want to punish returning players…oh that’s right because your feelings are hurt that they left. why would they EVER return if they are just going to be punished? then you get a game that gets less and less players.

1 Like

They are trying to give an advantage to players who don’t play alts, in fact who don’t want to play much at all, even though it means they’ll be losing players who do. It’s the same where they are enabling raid logging and continuing to respond to players who want things like removal of daily world quests, so they wouldn’t feel they had to actually log in and play the game.

It doesn’t sound casual to me at all. I guess we have a very different definition of “casual”.

Yeah, one doesn’t have to play multiple chars or very much to reap max benefit.

It is quintessentially casual.

I guess if your definition of “casual” is “not wanting to log in to play the game more than 2 hours a month”. That’s not my definition of casual.

And from the “I should have EVERYTHING even though I don’t play!!!” crowd…

Please don’t gatekeep casual players, it’s exclusionary and toxic.

1 Like

I like the way it’s set up right now where it doesn’t matter which toon I complete the activities on. I took my DH to DMF, my druid to do world quests, maybe another toon or two to do old raids for mounts and xmog, etc. I’m playing my alts the way I want to play them.

One important thing for me is that the rewards I don’t purchase will be back again for another limited time. This is the way that I want limited time rewards to work.

3 Likes

Yeah, exactly. You’re free to hop around between chars to work on them however you like and that feels nice.

Then it’s not a battle pass.

Infact, this isn’t even a new feature for video games. As i’ve pointed out in my thread, this is just simply just a collection of mini-meta challenges to do as you play and get rewarded.

“What thread and where” you don’t ask? Right here. :point_down:

So Mage towers are Battle passes then? Aotcs and PvP seasons are Battle Passes then? I mean, you stop playing, you miss out—

If GD would just say “This system is Fomo” instead of misusing words like Battle pass to mean whatever they mean, THEN i could see your point. I too agree that items should be at least permanently be there, instead of just rotating. Like Trial of Style.

I don’t think you know what “Choice” mean if you think an MMO is forcing you.

Jibble's part.

Have you heard of the term “implication”? Words you say, carries implication.

The beauty of such a thing is you can say something sucks without explictly saying something sucks.

If it’s a video game, why are you even here, disagreeing with OP? I mean it’s just a video game, right?

You’re gonna have to explain how my solution is coming from a place of selfishness, when it’s about letting more people of any type playing. Because it appeals to more people that way.

I may have own desires, but unlike yours, i know they wouldn’t hold up upon further scrutiny since it don’t have objective substantial reasons on why a good chunk of the playerbase should be neglected other then “It’s chill” or “I don’t have to woooooorrry”.

Yet you Worry if it’s uncapped or not. Or are you going to backtrack and errounsely say “i don’t care if it’s uncapped or not” after pushing vehemently for the game to stay the same?..

You don’t seem open-minded considering you don’t seem to understand my simple basic to understand concept that saying “i don’t need to worry” and things of that nature is not an argument.

I see you fail to understand the irony behind this statement, considering that’s exactly what you’ve been doing, just sounding nice.

Opinions can also be right and/or wrong.

A fact that actually can’t be argued, given how having the opinion, of opinion can’t be right/wrong because it’s subjective, is self contradictory.

Because otherwise, why are you saying the things you’re saying then if that (opinions can be right and/or wrong) is not the case then?

It’s why people have debates with other people’s opinions, ideas and etc. And if you put them out, then they are going to discuss it. What right does anybody who goes, “Oh well, it’s just my opinion, it’s just my opinion” have on any topic they don’t stand behind on, have in any topic?

You were clearly only thinking about yourself only, and not considering what other people want to do and play?

Having it uncapped, still allows you the choice to still take it slow. And having somebody “No life, complete in a day, degenarcy etc” all the reductive terms that means “I don’t like that person doing something for some reason”, which, btw, can all be applied back to your side if one wants because it just somebody disliking something without merit (Labeling them btw), it doesn’t affect you, or your enjoyment.

If you want to play slow, play slow.

As i’ve said before, i’ve played slow. And i would bet real money, 1 penny, that there’s somebody at ilvl 400 or whatever at launch. And i was like level 61 first day in, a week ATFER launch (because i choose to wait a week). Guess what? If it sort of thing doesn’t actually affect me, then i don’t think you would be actually affected too.

And no, i don’t count emotions as being actually affected. Emotion’s subjective.

And you think people who are burnt out by their own self-inflicted problem agrees with you, makes you more correct? If you think so, maybe you ought to reconsider your opinion being the right one if that’s the audience you’re willing to attract here. Because i don’t see how this helps your point.

This is just a sequel to “No Barbershop in Classic vanilla because of your idenity and meaningful choice”, isn’t?.. :man_facepalming:

I don’t get why you and other people who makes a simular agrument in the past for Classic, making this a big deal of keeping that “Meaningful choice” here with… cosmetics. COSMETICS. A Stupid colored pixel.

It’s even more sillier to say that, in the same game that allows you to change your gender or anything for actually free now.

At least Talent Trees, you can make certain builds that define more or less your playstyle. And i much rather be that, and the actions you choose and such, the things that are more visual then just different pixels, be the thing that should be the thing that defines you.

Actually ya know what? My 2020 self summed this “Identity” argument, twice, so, i’l let him speak.

…Why you are trying to turn Cosmetics into Covenants, or Class halls, or just practically trying to shove “identity” (in before “I didn’t say that”, not understanding implications or actions) into a place where it’s even less appropriate; cosmetics, Jib?

It’s just dressing up. Not to be reductive here, but that’s not exactly an RPG fundamental thing here. At least, not majorly or alone here. Plus, this sort of thing is in a lot of other non-RPG games.

Nice job not focusing on the point of why i bought it up here. It’s not about the subject matter (world quests) there, it’s the attitude i’m vehemently against here that is actively ruining the game by backlashing at Blizzard here for daring to make something more enjoyable for more folks, and making Blizzard take the wrong lessons here and think “These people don’t want more content, they want less content and more timegating!”…

Because god forbid, God forbid, somebody finds the 1K cap and monthly rotation to be a bit of a pear-take. God forbid, they want a little incentive to try something new or play the game. God Forbid, somebody wants more of something they find fun without all the time gating they do.

And believe it or not, opinions can be right and/or wrong.

I believe my opinions are right because i’m standing on logical reasoning on why it would make the game better for everybody, if not the majority. And why i don’t think it’s a good idea to limit game content.

You’re the minority.

Because that’s what your opinions and agruments are coming across as.

Have you not said the things you’ve said, or go “Having uncapped is bad” i wouldn’t even suspect you’re being selfish.

You mentioning a hypothetical example of “OH i got everything in a month, but i bore now” is not a point, and it’s also both disingenuous, dishonest (because you’re assuming instead of asking , and you’re putting words into people’s mouth), and also, physically impossible because trading post is meant to be a forever thing. Infact, this argument doesn’t even work for a lot of things in this game.

And again, you’re acting like this affects you, when it really doesn’t.

And don’t give the crap about… “Oh care about the devs–” Were talking about the devs. You weren’t talking about the devs before this point, so spare me that disingenuouiness. You’re not Chases.

Probably because they executed it poorly? And it was tied to player power even? And that reowned wasn’t shared? There’s a thought.

If people really really want to be limited on cosmetics to pick so they can feel like they have … “”“Meaningful choice”“”, whatever the heck “meaningful” even means here anymore, then i think they should to go to the Google Play store and find a game that fit’s their fancy way better and practically leave any Console/PC behind, honestly.

Yeah, actually it is.

“Within the video game Fortnite & a few others, a battle pass may be offered free to a player, or may require the player to purchase it through microtransactions.”

"Many games offer both a free and a purchasable Battle Pass, with the free version only containing limited and less spectacular rewards. "

“When considering Passes, it’s important to note that they are not exclusively a monetization feature. For most players (including payers) the Pass is primarily retention and an engagement mechanism . So it must provide the right incentives to engage them in fun activities and keep them interested in the rewards.”

I could go on and on. Battle Pass does not have to have direct monetization in it to be a battle pass feature, and thinking otherwise is simply narrowminded.

I’ll be honest I’m not personally in tune with battle pass features because I haven’t play a lot of games with them, but a lot of these game systems grow over time. The first games to popularize battle passes may have involved only paid ones, but as other games adapt them they’re going to reinvent and mold them the way it makes sense for their game.

I said the Battle Pass core concept revolves around FOMO, that doesn’t mean anything that has a FOMO concept to it is inherently a Battle Pass. This argument is nothing more than a walking talking logical fallacy.

Alts can already participate in Trading post. Objectives are account wide. If you have a PvP alt, he gets the 7500 honor, then you have an alt that does mog runs and he gets the 25 raid bosses, you get both scores on all your toons completed.

What you want is more tender.

Which is contrary to the purpose of Trading Post : keeping you coming back.

5 Likes

I never said anything about forcing you, or anyone.

No thanks; I’d rather not have fifty characters just to maximize the rewards from the Trading Post every month.

1 Like

No, it’s actually not. Unless your calling Mage Tower a battle pass.

And posting the definition does not convince me you know what a battle-pass is. Infact, you’re making this concern a joke now.

And further trivialize the word and make it mud pretty much?..

I can tell you right now, it pretty much plays like every other game that has mini meta challenges, and i’ve listed them.

Something you’ve yet to touched upon. :thinking:

Meanwhile i’ve remembered that i’ve added this in another thread. :point_down:

And i’ve said, if your problem is with FOMO, i can see your point.

As if it is right now, you’re just misusing the word “Battle pass”, when that’s not really your problem. Until the day the trading post becomes monetized, i will not agree with you on this one.

I would have a lot more respect if you’re talking about FOMO. As cliche it is, it holds a level of truth with the Trading post.

Because using that against you, is meant to point out how silly your logic is and how your issue is misguided. And glad you pointed out how silly your logic is and how misguided your problem is.

Tell me you don’t know what implications are without telling me you don’t know what implications are. :point_down:

That is a huge stretch to assume that in anyway means forcing.

I dare you to respond to that post in full instead of broken apart out of context. Lets see how good your inner troll really is.

It’s only a stretch towards anybody who don’t know what “implication” means, or understand that you can say something without explicitly saying something.

When you say “But also keep you coming back”, what is that suppose to mean then, if you don’t mean “forced” then?.. Because you don’t seem to talk fondly or in favor of trading post when you say all that. But that’s my observation.

Quoting isn’t trolling. I quote to keep in the context, to avoid paraphrasing. Meaning i can’t misrepresent what you’ve said because, you’re right there. And it allows me to get the bigger picture much better. Everybody does this on these forums here, it’s a normal way to communicate.

You seem to want me to take things out of context and just blindly agree, given how much you complain about my normal quoting style. :thinking:

Either way you want me to do it, my response would’ve been the same, but a lot less easy to keep up because i have to go “And then to that comment, i say X, and to that, i say Y, and etc”, and it would be much longer then it needs to be.

If you think it’s trolling to respond as a normal person would on forums, then there’s no helping you.

I have alts who part take in the trading post goals and it counts, they are level 60 and below.

I have alts who do the 30 quest goal just by quest leveling, I also have them do the win 15 pet battle for extra xp points. I’m rotating 4 alts for mogs, so that will cover the kill 25 raid bosses goal.

But it does make me right about what it is LOL

Like oh no some guy on the internet doesn’t agree with the definition and wants to argue otherwise because he thinks it’s muddying it too much.

Woe is all of us.

Yeah…except logical fallacies can’t actually do that and basically what you did was use a hasty generalization logical fallacy as your counterargument. It’s not effective and doesn’t make me look silly in any capacity.

Ding ding ding!