Lag/Jittering with every quest hand-in/Level up

Antisocial’s fix fixed it for me. Back to smooth playing again.

I feel like it’s not a full proof fix though… If you can’t use the bnet app then its not working properly.

I get the same thing. Happens on all toons in all zones.

I agree with you, but till there is a fix, this still allows me to play for now without the freezes. Im ok with that.

I just want a reply from the blues. It’s unreasonable that they’ve said nothing for over a day and a half.

Hey all,

We are not recommending to make any permission/security changes to files at this time. This is not an official fix.

This issue is considered a high priority bug and our WoW team is working to get it resolved as quickly as they can. Hang tight and we will provide an update once the fix has been released.

Thank you all for the reports and your patience through this.

18 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I was wary of trying that fix.

Should I edit it out of my post? I don’t want to cause any harm.

1 Like

@Antisocial - You are welcome to remove it if you want, although now that it’s been posted here and on reddit the information is already out there.

I’m unsure of what issues may arise in the future if it’s left this way honestly. For anyone who has already performed the change I would just recommend going back in and undoing the changes once the official fix is out.

6 Likes

Hopefully this will actually get fixed now that someone on the outside found the problem and did the workaround.

Understood, well since the battle.net app change it back to normal automatically for me, i won’t really need to do anything. I will still check anyway though.

Thanks for responding, and im hoping this gets fixed today before the weekend. I wanna quest on my mage main and headaches from constant freezes were getting to me.

1 Like

No security tab.

Thought my computer was breaking for a bit.

After you make the changes, if you launch from the app the launch runs an “update” and reverts the changes you made. Leaving you back at square one.

So until a formal fix is put out, you have to launch the game from within the folder.

And no it does not appear to harm anything.

It’s not a “fix” specifically, so much as a “work-around”.

Sadly the fix didn’t stick, tho. I keep doing it over again and it keeps resetting. Guess I’m quitting until it’s fixed cus I can’t play like this. x.x

Launch WoW from the retail folder it will work. Only thing is you need to enter user name password and authenticator manually. It works for now until a real fix. Ty Antisocial <3.

Having my game freeze, my HDD loading and my CPU/GPU spiking everytime I complete a quest is way more risky imo. I prefer using this work-around anyday.

I was referring to the work around. While I’m not an expert, I’ve used it and seems okay for the short term. Game runs smooth again. It’s up to the individual as to whether they choose to use it.

But yes, I agree, game stuttering messing with my harddrive is probably more damaging.