Lag/Jittering with every quest hand-in/Level up

After you make the changes, if you launch from the app the launch runs an “update” and reverts the changes you made. Leaving you back at square one.

So until a formal fix is put out, you have to launch the game from within the folder.

And no it does not appear to harm anything.

It’s not a “fix” specifically, so much as a “work-around”.

Sadly the fix didn’t stick, tho. I keep doing it over again and it keeps resetting. Guess I’m quitting until it’s fixed cus I can’t play like this. x.x

Launch WoW from the retail folder it will work. Only thing is you need to enter user name password and authenticator manually. It works for now until a real fix. Ty Antisocial <3.

Having my game freeze, my HDD loading and my CPU/GPU spiking everytime I complete a quest is way more risky imo. I prefer using this work-around anyday.

I was referring to the work around. While I’m not an expert, I’ve used it and seems okay for the short term. Game runs smooth again. It’s up to the individual as to whether they choose to use it.

But yes, I agree, game stuttering messing with my harddrive is probably more damaging.

Yeah, I was agreeing with you, I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

:arrow_left: quietly pockets the 2 cents

Wait… will this stuttering on quest turn ins damage my computer?

Well, the slowdown is caused by very intense log file writing to your hard drive. Technically it’s not great for your HDD.

The freezing on quest completion, etc. seems to be worse today. It freezes for much longer now compared to the past few days. And as others have been saying, this cannot be good for our hard drive.

@Blizzard, I suggest you get a fix for this in sooner rather than later. If this is harming our computers, you’ll end up having to replace everyone’s hard drives xD

Great this makes me not want to play now… I didn’t realize that a one second lag spike could wreck my harddrive… I can’t afford a new one…

Hello.
I remember this issue in the past in some patches. Not all patches, just some. It is like the bug is reintroduced into some patches, somehow.

So, should I stop questing and doing things that cause the lag till there’s a fix? Will my hard drive break otherwise?

It won’t break, there’s no need to panic. But like, theoretically it’s reducing your hard drive’s lifespan quicker than if you were playing without this bug.

Okay just making sure. My computer is barely a few months old so the thought of it breaking due to a wow bug scares the heck out of me lol

Just use the work around until the real hotfix. There is nothing wrong with it and i used it since i learned about it, its not like you gonna get banned for that.

Workaround works very nice indeed, but at some point you will have to restart battle.net for updates, and it resets the file security settings. What happens is that blizzard can´t find a simple bug that existed on the past for the past 3 days ? Come on.

Instead of changing security permissions, on the file, I just set the hotfix.log file in the retail\logs folder to read only. So far so good.

This probably got mentioned but my pole in barrans showed everyone with SSDs no issue, everyone with HDs issue