Lag/Jittering with every quest hand-in/Level up

I’m getting a second of lag every time XP is gained, a quest is handed in, or I level up (extra flicker). Has been happening since patch 8.2.5. Any ETA on a hotfix/update?

110 Likes

I’m having similar problem.

15 Likes

Same problem here

11 Likes

Getting this too! Quite annoying. I tried turning in a quest with/without addons and it did it both times. Something with 8.2.5 did this.

10 Likes

Same issue here when quests are turned in. Very annoying :confused:

9 Likes

Yes same problem with me it started after this new patch. Every time I turn in a quest or lvl up the fps dips so low that the game freezes for a second.

7 Likes

Same problem here. Addons aren’t the issue.

6 Likes

same base UI, even reset my WTF folder.

4 Likes

I too am having this issue. It’s not game breaking, however it’s annoying and just started with the patch.

4 Likes

I too am having the issue. I noticed I had a GeForce game ready update for my card, did that and it’s still no different. Was questing my butt off just before the patch for Mag’har rep before this without a single issue. Now it’s every single time I level up or turn in quests.

5 Likes

I also did a driver update to see if it would fix it. No fix, still lagging and now I have a new driver… Would trade that for the lag fix.

4 Likes

Thank you for reporting this issue over to us! We are seeing a handful of these reports. Could those experiencing the issue see if some of the basic steps may help? Some of you may have already ran through all of these steps, but let us know if it helps!

If it continues, can the following be provided?
[Edited] - Details no longer required, please check the next blue posts available

1 Like

Ran it from a clean reboot, updated GPU drivers (Win already up to date) with zero mods (deleted Cache, WTF and Interface) still lags to all heck when completing quests / WQ / Accessing items in the wild such as chests.

12 Likes

I’ve done all of the listed steps. Including a fresh GPU update this afternoon, still happens. And didn’t happen as of yesterday before the patch.

I’m on Emerald Dream, NA. My timezone matches to my realm also. I don’t need to monitor exactly when the lag happens, because I can tell you exactly when it does. The game runs silky smooth until I turn in a quest, finish a world quest, level up, or interact with an item in the world, like treasure chests, etc.

9 Likes

Happening to me also, and it started with 8.2.5

11 Likes

Having the same issue, but I think it’s more a 1-2 second freeze than just lag. It happens randomly at times, but mainly when things like a world quest dialog box comes up, or when you’re on a quest to kill a specific number of mobs - each time the tracker shows you kill one it will happen.

It is more an annoyance than anything, so hopefully it’s fixed soon.

*edit - as the others have mentioned, it just started with todays patch.

5 Likes

I think you’re absolutely right. It’s not even lag, and my FPS seems to still stay at a smooth 60fps even when it’s happening. So a slight freeze is a much better description.

3 Likes

Thanks for providing further details, everyone! - I should have been more clear, I was looking to see if this is happening in specific zones in World of WarCraft.

I have some suspicions this is related to an issue that we’ve seen in the past. If this in a BFA zone, does enabling Warmode seem to help a little bit? This was a hit or miss in the past, but may temporarily workaround the issue.

2 Likes

Ok I am doing WoD and getting this issue. I am also running the game off my HDD. Everytime my screen lags my HDD (which is loud) makes this noise like it is trying to load something.

12 Likes

I’ve had it happen in Dustvar while doing world quests, but also on my level 30ish mage in Ashenvale. My most recent tests to see if it’s been fixed after trying things have been on the mage, because it’s easier to turn something in and find out. War Mode was turned off in all cases, so I guess that could be the issue. I don’t know, really.

3 Likes