[Into the Dunes] Quest isn't working properly

put in a ticket. this was the reply I got, and the ticket marked as “answered” (links removed):

"Hello Adventurer!

With our ticket queues being extremely busy, and in the interest of saving you some time, we are sending you this automated reply with some resources that should help you with your quest issue.

Please try out the following steps:

• Re-logging or zoning to different areas can sometimes resolve phasing issues.

• Abandon and re-take the quest, where that makes sense (abandoning a quest will cause all current progress to be lost).

• Check our support articles for any specific mentions of your issue:

• Check the comment sections of various fansites for the quest that you are having trouble with:

• Use a quest tracker tool:

• Reset your User Interface and try again without any addons:

• If you believe that you’ve encountered a bug, please report it as such:

Thank you for your time!"

Useless.

It’s not even just the zone, you can’t unlock two of the allied races for Horde because of this.

1 Like

Just tried it again - still bugged after reset.

Bugged… this is literally game breaking, and has existed for three years. And before the blue shows up to deny this. the same bug has been around for three years. Just because you found a way to stop it temporarily does not mean it was fixed. Fixed means we aren’t seeing this same exact bug.

2 Likes

Still an issue for my Tauren toon.

I would assume a quest tracker is an external tool. Assuming that is correct…why would you tell your customer to check with a third party…so ridiculous.

I have not tried the quest by turning off addons but I did have 0 issues prior to the 9.2.5 patch now that I think about it with addons on. I needed to get Heritage armor on all toons except HMT.

3 of them went through Voldun without issue. Since 9.2.5 its broken. Seems a pretty clear connection between the 2 events.

Then again OP mentions no addons so…hmmmm. Even used the appropriate thread to post the issue. Maybe the forums arent an official bug report? Wonder what the purpose of this is then lol. Borntoorun also submitted a ticket.

I wonder if Cross Faction bugged the quest and made the player appear to be the wrong faction for this particular quest somehow.

Editing…this topic has been tackled on this thread as well. I will be reading it in full but thought I would bring it to others attention if it doesnt get by other players looking up the same thing

1 Like

im also having the same issue!

1 Like

From what I’ve gathered 9.2.5 also broke the questlines to get Sycthe of Elune and Apocalypse. It seems like 9.2.5 broke alot of previous questlines, which could be what all of the non-scheduled fixes could be about.

2 Likes

So…I was able to get it to work on a toon Im currently playing on.

I will say that this SHOULD be considered a bug as you can get the quest despite the possibility of some side quests being incomplete so this should be fixed some how so that you can only get this quest after doing those or it should ignore these.

There are 2 quest givers I noticed above the portal room in Dazaralor. Zandalar main city.
On characters that could NOT get the Dunes quest to work…I did NOT do these 2 quests.

The Missing Handler

The Comments sections show all of the quests in this chain.

Completing this chain up to Naptime allowed me to actually get to the cave.

I did NOT do the quest

Which was next to the quest giver for The Missing Handler.

More feedback from other players might sort this out better. I did every quest I was guided to that appeared to be main story on all my toons but I never did these on alts.

Any of you having the same issue feel free to try what I did and see if it works!

Despite this supposedly being fixed, this quest is STILL not working. I tried:

Disabling all add ons.
Watching the full cut scene.
Cancelling the cut scene.
Alt f4 during the cut scene.
Typing in chat.
Abandoning the quest and re-accepting.

Well over a week and this still exists, not to mention this isn’t even the first time it’s happened.

3 Likes

It’s not working for me either. I just want to unlock my Zandalari troll :frowning: Wanted to play a paladin in the next xpac.

Same here, seems like a general issue. Cannot progress BfA and unlock Zandalari Troll if this bug (which occured a couple years ago) is not fixed.

Finally got an actual response to my ticket from a GM (not just the canned one) and they were able to mark it completed for me. It’s the only solution I know of now, so if you haven’t yet submit, a ticket,

I’m trying to do the flight into the dune and it keeps getting when I get out of the cutscene, I am just sitting there flying and whenever I leave the game or open the map it teleports me to the beginning. I need help

5 Likes

I am also having this same issue!
Same type of thing.
Cutscene ends, then I am stuck flying in place until teleported back to the quest start before the cutscene.
Endless looping of this, can’t get past it!

It is “Into the Dunes” quest, the beginnings of the Vol’dun quest line in Zandalar.

2 Likes

Same here. Is there a way around this?

1 Like

I have the same problem. I’ve always played Alliance and would like to roll a Vulpera but that needs this quest chain completed to even start to unlock this race. Have looked for a solution but past work-around no longer works.

2 Likes

Same problem - Sometimes if you hit escape and skip the cutscene it will make you do another lap of the basin but then same problem. I’ve tried Alt F4, disabled addons, write in the chat before loading screen etc. Nothing seems to be working. I’ve tried a ticket but they gave me an automated response with things to try for being stuck on a quest. I’ve flagged it as still not resolved but 2 day response time and this has been an issue for at least 3 days already. I’ve even tried to @ them on twitter Customer Service but no response so far. Seems really sucky - especially for those who are new players, if they’re forced to play the BFA storyline and get stuck at Voldun they’re just going to stop playing. The lack of communication on something like this seems really poor to me.

3 Likes

This has been going on for over four days. I can’t even carry on the quest line till this is fixed… come on now.

3 Likes

I am having the very same issue , Cutscene finishes, then I am stuck flying in place until teleported back to the quest start in zuldazar.

Please help

Thanks

4 Likes

same issue ben trying to do the altf4 at the cut scene but no luck. to think any new horde player who has to go BFA to start and happens to pick voldun as a starting point will just hit a wall. ps apperently this but has ben happenning since 2019

3 Likes