Cant fly into Vol dun

Took the quest and hopped on npc to fly into Vol dun, but the npc i am on is stuck in air and after a while it reverts back to quest giver and its cycle of doing it again and again. Cant play and progress to level up in BfA on the next campaign.

2 Likes

Have you tried disabling and/or resetting your User Interface yet? If an addon or corruption is causing the issue that might clear it up.

If that doesn’t, I’d recommend reporting it as a bug in the Bug Report forum. Please be sure to include the name of the quest so our QA team can take a look.

1 Like

i disabled addons and tried and the same thing happened. i will try to reset my interface. I posted the issue in the bug report forum.

2 Likes

Still broken after 48 hours!!! :frowning:

1 Like

Same here, also a hunter. Tried disabling all addons but same result. Also tried both watching and skipping the cinematic. If you skip the cinematic, it just flys around on a circle and plays the cinematic again. I can’t progress past this step. Edit: Quest name is “Into the Dunes” questgiver Bladeguard Kaja in The Royal Armory in Dazar’Alor

2 Likes

There is an overall issue impacting that quest. It is unlikely the workaround will help in this situation, but hopefully they’ll be able to find a resolution soon enough.

3 Likes

still broken. Just tried and its doing the same things as the people above me have said

1 Like

will I lose my monthly subscription due to a glitch in the game that won’t allow me to keep playing?

If you’re referring to the above mentioned bug, I haven’t seen anything mentioned that it will effect your subscription.

If you’re referring to something else, like not being able to log in at all, you’ll want to follow up with details in the Tech Support forum.

5 Likes

I’m unaware of any ‘glitch’ or bug that would prevent you from accessing and playing on your account at all.

3 Likes

Still broken on my end too. Just get stuck in the air after the cut scene.

1 Like

ok, so how do we proceed? do we just park our characters and do something else while we wait for this to be addressed? i’ve tried even walking to where i’m supposed to “turn in” and there is nothing there, so i don’t see how one can progress thru Vol dun at this point.

1 Like

Pretty much wait for a hotfix if th work around doesnt work or choose another area to quest if u have any availble you can also do archeology to lvl up.

That article is contradicting itself and probably confusing people.

It’s hard to tell whether the article is suggesting a ticket to submit a ticket or not. It seems to plainly state there’s nothing CS can do, while CS assistance is needed.

Understanding you generally can’t provide further info, are you able to provide any further clarification on what that’s saying in this case?

To clarify, opening a ticket will not resolve the bug. Keep an eye on the Bug Fixes and possibly this thread, to see if/when the issue is resolved.

3 Likes

All i am trying to do is unlock the zandalar trolls, this bug is preventing me from doing that, is it possible to just tick this quest as compleet or to just unlock the trolls for me? Or even the achievement?

1 Like

Generally speaking, that’s not something a GM can do. GMs, along with players, often have to wait for a real fix to be put in by the developers. Otherwise, any “quick fixes” can often lead to further issues.

4 Likes

Ok thanks for taking the time to reply, ill keep an eye out for the fix to drop

1 Like

Eh, the article is discussing working around the bug, not resolving it. Nobody’s expecting a ticket to resolve a bug.

It first says CS can’t assist, then seems to imply CS can. It’s contradicting itself.

Often, but not always. There’s a quest, that I still believe to this day, involving taking a zeppelin from Org to Twilight Highlands that bugs out, where NPCs don’t spawn and you’re essentially stuck floating on a zep in the middle of nowhere. In that case, you’re kindly asked by the GM if they can take control of your toon to put you to a point that’s past the bug so you can complete the turnin. Get booted and login 10 minutes later to find yourself in a different spot. Of course, you just hope your guild chat history wasn’t read while they were logged in as you :stuck_out_tongue:

Again, that’s not always the case, but just throwing it out there, especially given the odd “CS can’t assist. CS assistance is needed” wording in that article.

In order for a GM to be able to complete a quest for you QA and the Devs have to determine that a bug is happening, and that by completing the quest for you your character doesn’t bug. I agree that the Support article is confusing.

They may have logged in as you then. They don’t log in as you now. They have a tool that marks the quest as complete and it ports you to the next location. I had it done for one of my characters two years ago. If I remember correctly, the GM did it while I was logged into the character.

There is a two-hour maintenance scheduled this week. Keep an eye out on the Hotfix blog to see if it’s one of the fixes this week.

6 Likes