In-Game Toxicity Against 12-Month Sub Players

I’m going to buy it and I hope the mount stays exclusive to the 12 month bundle. Wanna dab on those poor kids that can’t get one, lmao.

2 Likes

“if you’re broke just say so” tends to send them into the stratosphere of anger

4 Likes

I specifically choose to dislike youtubers, streamers, etc that are popular because they often fester with fanbases full of disrespectful and misbehaved children [Or crying adults]…

But this asmon guy is not being inaccurate.

A bit of context: our friend here abandoned his guild for at least 3 months. He failed to demote everybody to at least Rank 4, which would have prevented anybody from being able to dethrone him, thus allowing to retain his leadership position. When he eventually returned, he discovered that someone had taken over the guild in his absence.

He screwed up and blames Blizzard.

4 Likes

I do not agree with verbal abuse or any kind of harassment toward people making their own choices.

IMHO, I do have a disagreement on this sale because it’s not fair to everyone. This does not give a reason for anyone to harass anyone. If they have an issue with it, they need to bring it to Blizzard.

The Murloc is the unofficial mascot for WoW, it’s one of a kind, and they are going to sell it for this amount adding other items that do not compare to it? For those who can afford it, great, but for those who are fans and can’t afford it, it is not.

There are options you can do in-game for people who are harassing you: right-click on their character portrait to ignore or report them for their communication behavior.

Confucius says, “People suck.”

I’m glad they can’t see the well over $1,000 I’ve paid for character transfers over the years.

:smiley:

Perfect, I’ll use it.

Though I changed my mind entirely on buying this 12 month sub. Turns out… I just think Blizzard’s trying to ensure they get their first years worth of subscriptions if Dragonflight flops for many people.

That happens, whateves. If I had to file a complaint for every “mean” whisper someone sent I’d be wasting my time and energy. Its not worth the effort. I run around on my pvp mount and I had a random Mist weaver monk send me a hate tell about how PvPers think they’re superior to everyone else and went on about how pvp gear is literally “garbo.” This was around 3-4 am on a saturday. When I looked him up on wow armory, he had only achieved 8/10 on normal raid, and was doing +9’s. His ilvl was 283. My PvP ilvl on my warlock is 301. I laughed it off and went about my day.

Every mount from all previous game time promotions has been made available for sale (and are currently still for sale) as a standalone purchase, often while the promotion is still ongoing. I expect this promotion and these mounts will be no different.

Case in point - The Nether-Gorged Greatwyrm that is being offered with the current 6-month promotion (and the new 12-month promo) is currently on sale in the shop for the usual $25.

Accept friend request, making it super hard to be toxic rn.

My mom always used to say “ignore bad behavior and it will go away”. People can be very passionate about WoW at times. lol

1 Like

Wow and the murloc costume from way back too, damn. Murlocs are cool

3 Likes

Just a little update on my … problem … turns out you can still just buy the 12. It tacks it on to the end of your current sub.

1 Like

As soon as you come here and post this, you give them what they want.

The only issue I have with this is it essentially makes it an 18-month commitment, but at least it’s temporary and if we’re buying a 12 month sub, we probably already expected to play a majority of hte expansion.

Its a reflection of human nature. The people making mean comments are absolutely the people who cant afford it but wish they could because they like the mount. Your post got put on silent too. Even talking about people being mean makes them mad.

For me i can afford it but i wont. I never play wow for a whole year straight. Usually like 3 to 5 months at a stretch.

It’s a shame really. And people using flags as a downvote gets old.

Because everybody has an opinion guaranteed in the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution. Just laugh it off. :disguised_face:

You complain too much

Could be for multiple reasons trolling, jealously spite.

Perhaps they feel that by your splurging on content like the 12 month sub is sending the message that you’re happy to accept sub-par content or that you’re falling for sleezy business cash grabs.