I'm not buying the "meaningful choices line"

No, this is what he is saying:

So once again, I’d like to thank Ralph for letting us know exactly why this trash system just isn’t going to work.

Thanks Ralph, you’re the best.

7 Likes

Nope. People will just quit.

5 Likes

A good way to avoid this would be to share your knowledge of game design with the community.

What is it that you think I want. I merely stated that I don’t believe the line they’re feeding us and gave reasons why.

Also, everyone who is part of this game has a right to an opinion.

6 Likes

The community will leave just like it did in wod and first half of bfa and legion. You have no idea how many multi year guilds have died since the end of mop.

8 Likes

adapt or leave

3 Likes

Are you kidding? There’s always some loser linking the DPS meters in LFR. Low DPS = KICK!

And I just wanted to scratch some baddies. SMH.

1 Like

Where did I say I wasn’t casual? I have raided mythic before sure, but not since the first tier. I was gonna bring that up, since people are assuming I’m an elitist who’s trying to invaladate every casual players opinion. :man_shrugging:

You didn’t include yourself in your post. In fact, the first time that you wrote the words “we” was when you began to be condescending.

Yep. I was trying to avoid having to read another dozen posts stating the obvious, but it does appear condescending. I should have left that part out, since it was clearly futile. Live and learn right?

Well, saying the word gap implies that no middleground or grey area (which i guess that means LFR and Mythic only exists by implying this way), it’s on a spectrum. It’s not “Your either hardcore or your not”, it’s much more nuanced then that.

From a perspective as a somewhat casual, i can’t see removing things as a good thing, like reforging for example. I loved Reforging because it allows me control over my gear and where to allocate my stats, if i want more hit, i’l gladly do that. More RPG’s need something like that really, something that truly makes a gear you have yours that isn’t just enchanting and so on, while also making it powerful.

Marketing hype.

I don’t know, i seen plenty of choices to be made during my 8 years of playing WoW.

Being casual doesn’t mean your automatically alright with something.

Lets not associate those two things together like that, because you don’t have to be a casual to dislike or like anything, and in the same way with hardcore. From my opinion, I dislike the idea of easily swapping covenants, but i dislike the idea of perma locking it for the entire expansion, (because this isn’t true single-player mind you). I like the compromise that Blizzard set out where you can leave and rejoin enough, but it will be long ways up to get back to the point you were before.

People can care whatever they may please.

It’s just another blizz catchphrase, which typically get thrown out when they try to put a positive spin on changes they think will be unpopular.

7 Likes

Don’t mind me

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5 Likes

I’m fine with the changes. It’s like choosing your class and spec. It’s not even like they lock you into your choice. If you want to switch, you can.

The only thing that needs to happen is proper balancing so that no single covenant is good at everything, even within a single game mode.

3 Likes

I mean this is the stickler. Blizzard have NEVER managed to balance a “different but equal” style of power. They failed with Legiondaries, they failed with Azerite Traits, they failed with Essences, they failed with Corruptions.

So what you’re saying is that Covenants are Morally Grey?

1 Like

Not if the game’s Singleplayer. Hello Mods. :grin:

I thought WoW is supposed to be an RPG? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Also, solo content still exists last time i check.

Most underrated comment ever. :slight_smile:

It’s okay. No one else is buying the meaningful choices line either.

8 Likes

Choices exist in real life, but apparently you never had to make any.

Mmorpgs by design are social games. WoW thought it would be smart to add more and more solo content and we’ve seen what most of that has done via opportunity cost.

Garrisons cost a bunch of WoD content and a raid tier. Solo content like the mage tower aren’t a problem because they force players to learn better reactions to mechanics.

Every bit of solo content added could have been group content but the game has shifted farther away from being a social game and is losing more and more players over time.

People come for the cool looking content or story but used to stay for the community. What are they staying for now, oh right they don’t stay. They play a few months and leave till the mext expansion.

1 Like

This is only a tiny fraction of the players. Also you can’t change anything too much when Ion belongs to Elitist Jerks especially, who knows what other devs are in Mythic raiding guilds.

What does this have to do with your above paragraph?

Why would the top players play the same way as everybody else? They’re the ones that build the meta, its everyone else who plays the same way as the top players.

Assuming you’re remotely serious about going into high end keys and Mythic raiding. I shift between the meta talent build and my own talent build frequently, I pull even MORE dps on Single Target with my build than the other.

Also if people didn’t copy meta builds, every single player going into serious content would have to spend at least 100 hours through trial and error and theorycrafting before they come out with what everyone already knows.

That argument is like saying everyone is copying scientists even though they built the science that exists already, you doing your own research will only prove their findings.

Heroic and mid-tier keys.* Those levels are so flexible nowadays especially at end of expansion when everyone is catching up to 460+ on their mains.

I dont know about the real reasons but I can tell you that this problem exists even before Modern WoW. In fact, playing non meta specs were very punishing in the old days to an extent. Times dont change in this case.

The devs have taken steps to have players make the free choice to choose their own builds and only suffer 5-10% loss of hps/dps for deviating from the meta, which is negligible for most content and some would argue, at the extreme ends of content too. Anyone can become a Pseudo-Mythic Raider because it is tradition the first 3 bosses are so easy every raid tier now.

Man Ralph’s tongue must be dry af from all that boot licking, seriously I wonder what he hopes to achieve by idolizing everything Ion does, does he think Ion himself will come and reward him or something? It’s kinda pathetic…

2 Likes