Thoughts about IF Shadowlands will be a botched product at launch as well

Considering that they’ve clearly sacrificed BFA in favor of working on it, I certainly hope so. This has also worked in the past; WoD was sacrificed for Legion, and it turned out quite well.

What has me nervous is the lack of strong new features (Legion added world quests and M+. Shadowlands is adding…rep specific abilities?), and the lack of a strong narrative connection to the current story so far. Basically from Cataclysm to Legion, we had a strong narrative connection from one xpac to the next, but we don’t have that to nearly the same degree from BFA to SL. While lore’s not the be all end all, it does effect player perception, so it’s important to get right.

If Blizzard is just bunkering down to make sure they absolutely nail class design and core game systems and reward systems, then shadowlands can be an average to good xpac. I see little to suggest it will be a great or better.

But if Blizzard has learned nothing from BFA, then this could be trouble.

2 Likes

Considering every single thing Blizzard has done over the course of the last couple of years? Definitely. Unless there’s a change in management that decides to do things in a different way I see absolutely no reason why anything at this point would be different.

8 Likes

People actually quitting because of those things-which they do there are many threads about them-does make it factual. They catered to a very small % of people with the prune and the results of it show. 0/10 troll.

7 Likes

If you asked me 10 years ago I could confidently say “no”. Today? I’m not sure anymore…

2 Likes

EVERY expansion is wonky at first. Because they don’t really listen to beta testers and treat Live as the beta.

2 Likes

That is the sad part though, he isnt a troll, blizzdrones just arent capable of realizing that people are unsubbing in droves for a number of trash design choices, their brain just cant imagine not enjoy blizzard products and worshipping them religiously

9 Likes

I firmly believe it will have ‘normal’ levels of bugs and growing pains that can be expected in a new release, regardless of testing. I expect it to be much better than the 8.3 launch. I honestly feel like 8.3 was adjusted and mutated from the original plan they had in order to get it done and out the door so they could focus more on SL and I think we’ll suffer through it this year and benefit from it when SL comes out.

Keep being salty dude. You’re a broken record.

1 Like

When you’re right you’re right. That poster you quoted is.

3 Likes

People quitting out of frustration isn’t anti-consumer.
Blizzard preventing them from unsubscribing would be anti-consumer.
You can’t scream anti-consumer because a company does something you don’t like is my point, it’s immature, moronic and wrong.

Blizzard has consistently over the last few years released products that are less than complete, they’ve added more time-gates and grinds than is necessary, they’ve tried and failed to cater to multiple playerbases, but they haven’t done anything anti-consumer. In fact, they are literally destroying their cash cow trying to bend over backwards to appeal to every group of player in the game. That is not anti-consumer lol.

They’ve just done things you don’t like.

All of the content is available for you to access and enjoy.

You choosing not to does not make anything they’ve done anti-consumer.

2 Likes

I’m totally aware of that you dolt lol.
I’m arguing against what they’re doing being anti-consumer because it factually isn’t lol.
I’m well aware of ALL the reasons people are leaving. You assume it’s just because BFA has been bad, but there are a lot of other reasons lol.

3 Likes

They will have tech issues in spades with the level squish.

4 Likes

I am betting on it, without much of a QA department, I suspect the first week will be a fustercluck, or a faggleguck.

2 Likes

Ehh, doubt it really.
It’s really just an expansion of the level sync code they’re already using in the world now.
Not even complicated.
Same with the gear, you’re just talking about changing a few numbers

11 QA people were fired lol, don’t act like it was a huge ton of people.
It’s public information lol

1 Like

LMAO completely forgot about that

Ion has been saying they dont want a level squish because it ll break the game.

Now they are gonna have to level squish
-In 10 months
-With a non existent QA department

Shadowlands is gonna be a bigger disaster than bfa or 8.3 lol

6 Likes

I was going to respond to him but this is pretty much what I was going to say.

Also:

• They raised the EU subscription price of WoW and posted a non-sense explanation as to why. It pretty much said, " Because…"

• Time-gating is anti-consumerist. They are holding back content in a game you pay monthly for. Just like DLC or Season Passes, cutting content or holding it back to sell it to you later.

• They had a campaign to be remove certain pets and mounts from the store, but they had in small-text that they will probably return AKA will return.

• Putting a BACKPACK, something players wanted behind a RECRUIT-a-Player Slave Plan.

That’s not even all, but I’ll get back to this later today after I do some digging.

Shouldn’t need to spell this out for people because they are blind.

8 Likes

Step 1 : Don’t pre order

Step 2 : Wait for the game to release

Step 3 : Check the reviews (not wow forums) but reviews on YouTube

Step 4 : Buy if you like it.

Step 6 : Enjoy the game.

If you ignore all the above steps…

Well you know the answer

3 Likes

You don’t actually know what ‘anti consumer’ means, do you?

h ttps://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anti-consumer

Couldn’t think of a better or more accurate description for what’s going on right now with BFA.

Better check yourself on the name calling my dude. You’re 100% in the wrong here. If you want to call names, hold up a mirror and say it.

5 Likes

Again, none of those are anti-consumer, like at all lol.
I think you should look into what is legally considered to be anti-consumer while you do your digging.
Not agreeing with a business decision is not anti-consumer.
I’m all for bashing companies and all, but at least be right when you do it.

Releasing WC 3 Reforged in an unfinished state is anti consumer.

5 Likes