I would have wanted "Restore Plaguelands" Campaign than this Torghast chore

At least it would have been much nicer to see players kill undeads and craft/gather to help restore Western/Eastern plaguelands and Ghostlands into the original state for each server to see people actually do something.

People did this back in AQ and Necropolis for Vanilla, and lot of people joined to help the cause.

Now other MMORPGs do it such as Final Fantasy XIV, where they did the campaigns to restore cities and refugees, but also restore one of the kingdom’s housing district so that players can unlock housing for next expansion. It was quite successful too.

I don’t really see that much in Shadowland’s chore system. There’s lot of flaw to this system.

Devs should consider making “Restore Azeroth” campaign to bring Eastern Kingdom’s plagued lands to return to normal, and restore Stratholme too. And allow level 1-60 to join the cause and help out and reward them with something (not just a mount)

Edit:
Rewards could be related to every contributions you make, you can unlock to purchase BOP transmogs of unique weapon/casual clothes/armors, unlock hairstyles, specific toy box or pets etc.

49 Likes

I’m all for it :smiley:

Although this is also true

7 Likes

Definitely would rather we fix what’s broken in game. It seems strange to see little to no effort even though there are so many within lore striving to do so. Instead Blizz makes something up, says it’s broken and that’s where we get to spend an entire expansion. So many ways to bring the factions together, too, if they had just went that route. I know I’d be spending a hell of a lot more time in game, that’s for sure.

7 Likes

I also agree that if people want to go back to the old desecrated Plaguelands, they can always visit Zidormi to do quests in there.

But at this point, we are at the 9 to 10th expansion (if we will get it any time soon), and Azeroth not being reconstructed and restored is hard to believe. They are too busy expanding Stormwind and Orgrimmar, but none of the other cities out there too.

Not to mention, the Fourth War is over, and Sylvanas ruined plenty of lands as well as other rulers, so might be best for both faction to help remove blights, and restore each lands to bring some treaty along.

15 Likes

I bet we’ll get something like this. Probably we’ll find a world titan that is in the process of being corrupted so we’ll attack it and Azeroth will be our home base so the story will be use Azeroth as our base of operations for this assault as opposed to a garrison or something. Since we can portal planets now

1 Like

I think that’d be creative idea. Honestly, this new world and new system was not really necessary to my view.

But also since they revamped level 1-50, I personally would have wanted them to just have level 1 to just start with choosing professions and levels and work on “Rebuild Progression”, and while they are handing in quests, the rebuild effort points stack up along with everyone else in the realm.

Every effort points rank up, you see instance changes of the Azeroth by rebuilding them one by one - while noticing Cenarion Circle, Earthen Ring and Argent Crusaders working together to build new areas.

6 Likes

Could you imagine if that was just an ongoing campaign?

You go back to WPL/EPL and kill scourge and collect resources and as you do you slowly rebuild the cities and towns that were destroyed by the scourge, as a collective community-wide effort.

That could be a lot of fun and a good use of old world assets.

13 Likes

While it would have been a lot of work for the devs to keep refreshing, I would assume they would have saved more money than doing this Torghast system and the Azerite necklace/corruption system/Warfront.

And more players would have been involved to either PVE/PVP to be active.

11 Likes

I’d like this idea.

#bumping to see people support this idea for the next 9.x or 10.x content of the game for better development.

I sure hope they learned that having the Diablo dev design WoW was a bad idea.

1 Like

Oh definitely.

WoW had its uniqueness long time ago and that’s the reason why Vanilla-WOTLK was quite succesful. And my best thing I could remember was taht despite the AQ was just annoying, but it made players contribute to compete each other to hand in items and craft etc for War Efforts.

There were plenty of world activities for players to contribute to their ends, and that made interactions more interesting than doing same dungeon to gain some kind of hope that you’ll upgrade your armor. Not everyone likes doing challenge mode of dungeons or raids.

While, this is open for casual and hardcore players where both sides will get rewarded either ways.

When the tasks are done, you’ll see a fully changed perma instance version of restored lands (while you can go back in time with Zidormi as I stated above as well as other posters)

I like this idea too.

Better yet, Zoval wins… (which he has been winning this whole time, at certain points we are actually helping him…)

He reoriginates the universe, but our characters are saved (insert reason here), and a brand new universe in born in the next x-pac. New lands to discover, new lore, new everything, a basic reboot of the game with Zoval the ultimate bad guy that we don’t face again for many expansions.

You can visit the old world by using Chromie time.

I don’t think will ever happen however, it would be a huge risk on bliz’s part and the amount of work and $$ for a this would stop bliz from doing it.

But at this point, with the lore is such a mess and everything else, a reboot is needed.

1 Like

Just want to point out that people were shouting from the rooftops that Torghast was going to be THE GREATEST THING in the history of WoW.

Until it became popular to hate it, instead.

People are always going to be excited about things at the start, then hate them later. It’s just how the WoW community works. Or, at least, General Discussion.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that fully because I never had the chance to test out Torghast during beta or anything to judge that it was going to be great. By the time it went up, it became a hit or miss because it was more of a gating gap between casual VS hardcore players, and even hardcore players realized that it was too overwhelming for them to do this every time.

This restoration at least doesn’t have any gaps. Every time a person does hand in quest within Azeroth/Outlands, the reward point goes into restoration, every time they hand in crafts/gathers to the NPC, the reward point goes in there and it will slowly level up the progression to restore each lands. This is a bit similar to Warfront without PVP (PVE technically) but more focused towards PVE.

No, it’s just because the Torghast on the PTR was ridiculous and fun, and then they changed it for release.

Oh, how so? What did they change that made it unfun?

(Asking as somebody who was in SL alpha, btw. Just want your take on it on what exactly made Torghast not be fun.)

It was fun because it was ridiculously overpowered and it wasn’t a chore that we dreaded doing.

It’s largely the same, except for Twisting Corridors. Which most people complaining about it haven’t even done. (Including you.)

But that’s how WoW players are:

1. They get super excited about something that isn’t out. (See: Torghast, etc.)
  2. They hate it when it’s current. (See: Everything)
  3. They talk about how great it was afterwards (See: Horrific Visions)

And so it would be with this. Everyone would hate it. What a chore, what a grind, etc. etc. etc.

1 Like

Restore Plaguelands could have been awesome. This expansion is supposed to be Wrath of the Lich King 2 but misses many of the big flavor elements. It’s not all about Icecrown Citadel. People love the Undead, people love the Scarlets, etc.

1 Like