How's The Weather?

Hello WRA! No need to be alarmed. You see I’m but a humble stranger in a strange land and am in need of some direction.

Due to my own immense stupidity I’ve found myself with WoW until July of 2022 and I’m determined to get my money’s worth.

I decided to start fresh on this server as I’d heard good things in the past. But that was of course before the Jailor’s sustained campaign of boredom culled so many of Azeroth’s heroes.

Chiefly I’m most curious about the RP scene. Seems the Wyvern’s Tail is seldom short on patrons and there’s a good amount of wandering casual RP which I’m in favor of.

Any other hotspots to seek out? Or avoid? Or pretend I’m trying to avoid while taking careful note of the directions as to reverse engineer them?

Still workshopping this character and I’ve a Nelf Sentinel as well I’ve been poking around SW with. This time I’m determined to maintain an Alliance alt, but the heart wants what it wants so I must always main a deader.

Thank you in advance for any friendly direction!

Best Regards,

Your New Friendly Neighborhood Soul Salesman.

4 Likes

If you yell Duskwood on the forums you can summon a ghost

theres also an effort to bring rp to Silvermoon

7 Likes

excuse you there is an effort to bring rp to silvermoon again

that place was booming during legion but it dropped off sharply in shadowlands

as for that kaldorei sentinel i highly suggest getting in touch with the kaldorei wra discord and some of the remaining night elf folks there, and i am pretty sure there will be a sudden if quiet boom when the next expansion is revealed in like four days

if the cross faction stuff does not completely suck then i think we will start to see an equalizing of factions as more realize they do not have to be stuck on one faction (or server) just to get reliable rp

3 Likes

I’m experienced at organizing some cross faction stuff.

I’ve been intending to pop up and see who’s interested in some /roll games if chance I used to run. I’ve done it for both factions before but I’ll need at least one Red/Blue assistant to keep track of the others rolls.

That’s why I keep it to incredibly simplistic games of chance. Such as Blackjack, critter races and two others I’m spacing on here. Also stuff like lore quizzes with a short timer so nobody’s just googling it and so on.

I’m not really into tabletop styled games through a digital medium. Tends to take wayyyy to long in my experience. Best to keep things moving.

We already have a perfectly good combat system in game. Sort it out with that. No /rolls are at most used for say investigation, insight, etc. Things that cannot be done through in game mechanics.

But of course that’s just my two copper.

Did someone say DUSKWOOD? The greatest zone in all of WoW? The zone that I’ve foolishly made the Alliance rp hub on complete accident? That Duskwood?

Well I think Duskwood is very neat. Please come to Duskwood, we’re a group of misfit night owls and I know not everyone is up that late but if you need some entertainment in the evenings, there’s pretty much always a ghost and his friends hanging around. We love making new friends here in Duskwood!

5 Likes

Did you get an RP profile addon? Those are useful.

3 Likes

We had tornado and hail last night, so there’s that… oh you’re asking about RP.

There’s a few different RP campaigns going on. Year 35 in the Plageulands, Ascension in the Broken Isles, I think Silver Circle has something going on. Most of them are cross-faction and have a thread here on the forums. Year 35 is doing a thing at Caer Darrow in WPL tonight if you want to swing by.

5 Likes

I actually love haunting that place on my other Forsaken characters.

This character has a pointed interest in Karazhan and I’ve already rolled another undead who’ll no doubt be poking around.

2 Likes

Calnos mentioned it but I wanted to offer links to the RP campaigns. I have been apart of all of these campaigns and I can say for a fact that great people both host and attend these campaigns. If you like Night Elves there is also the Helping Hands Campaign as well.

Helping Hands: [N-RP] Helping Hands: New Paths | Open, Public Campaign | Weekly Events | Central Kalimdor

Ascension: [N-RP] Ascension: The Dreaming Spider | Thurdays 5:00 PM | Suramar

Year of the Scourge Epilogue: [Year 36 Campaign] Happy Dragonflight Launch Day!

There is also a guild faire for Horde.

Link here: [H-Event] Calling All Guild Recruiters and Seekers! 04.24.22@5pm

And Silver Circle is having their Byltan Festival in May.
Link Here: [RP Event] Byltan Festival 2022 [Complete] - #9 by Huwah-wyrmrest-accord

And there is a monthly Story Telling event that is neutral. That is tonight in fact. Link here: [A/N] Kalimdor United Monthly Storytelling Event!

And as for some weekly events there is Mulgore Mondays and Story Circle. Taking place in Thunder Bluff, my guild offers free food and company. As for Story Circle that is a tradition going back many many years that we kept going.

Story Circle: [N-RP Event] The Bloodhoof Story Circle

Mulgore Mondays: [H] Mulgore Mondays!

5 Likes

Oh I’ve TRP.

Full title is ‘Doctor’ Malithrac Pejorative Doomquill.

2 Likes

That is one of the best roleplay names I have ever read, I hope I get to see you in action good sir.

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s a rip off, err, a reference to the movie Dragonslayer.

Fun 80s fantasy shlock. The titular dragon what needs slaying is called Vermithrax Pejorative. Which is objectively the best name.

2 Likes

How do you pronounce Karazhan?

This is important. Your entire future as an RPer relies on this.

1 Like

In an aggressively fake Swedish accent.

2 Likes

Käräzhän.

I can see it.

1 Like

alright but can you hear it because i cannot