Questions On Returning

Hey everyone, it’s been a while for me since I posted last and stepped foot into WoW. I’m one of the folks who just couldn’t get into SL for some of the popular reasons (broken lore, gameplay mechanics, etc) and honestly felt like RP was dead in the water, which broke my heart. I decided to take a break and tried dipping my toes in SWTOR one more and then finally after a lot of convincing FFXIV.

When it comes to FFXIV as modern as the game is, I just couldn’t connect with it. I didn’t find the game getting me excited about the story or lore early on enough to feel invested in it. The class/job system and profession system is also incredibly different and was very much not something I enjoyed. It’s very different than WoW, and while that’s okay it’s just not my cup of tea in the end.

I know what was announced today with Dragonflight and I’m excited for it. But I’m still missing WoW in the end and want to come back. Mainly for the RP. But it begs the question, where does the RP community stand right now on WrA/MG? Is it still suffering and dead? Is it pretty much guilds being exclusive and just hiding in their holes? Or have things started to make a comeback?

I’m game for either faction at this point as I have multiple characters and conceits always waiting to be explored. I’d just love to know what’s going on these days. And hopefully find a reason to return. Thanks for your time!

Hello there!

WRA is doing good. Better than when the lawsuit dropped. We did take a hit but it feels that people are coming back. For us that stayed, we did a lot of cool stuff. Some of us didn’t like Shadowlands so we just made our own content like Year of the Scourge or Helping Hands. Now there are even more campaigns going on and its great!

Now there are public events, both social and adventure campaigns.

Alliance is a little quieter but it is not dead. Alliance is still around with events and guilds. Plus neutral events as well. There is still plenty to do and a some amazing individuals keeping things alive.

Now Horde is doing good as well. Plenty of events and stuff to take part in as well. Everything took a hit with the stuff going on with Blizz but WRA is doing well.

Here is a link to an Alliance discord community: Wyrmrest Community Project

And because I am a bit lazy I am going to link another post I made that has a bunch of events and stuff. Here it is: How's The Weather? - #11 by Raton-wyrmrest-accord

No matter what server you pick, I wish you the best of luck in all aspects of the game and in RL! Have a good day!

3 Likes