How to appeal forced name change

The odds of this are infinitesimal. Why are you so dug in against the idea that they use an automated system? I’m legitimately curious why you think it is impossible.

Blizzard has acknowledged that they use automated systems.

Continuing the discussion from Abuse of reporting feature:

Are all eponymous players equally forced to a name change? If this is the case, you are probably right in assuming that it was automatic. If it’s only you, not so much.

1 Like

I never said I was.

Why do you assume that it is? And, why are you against the idea of it NOT being automated?

IK the Squelch is automated.

1 Like

I’ve explained this several times, but I was logged in on that character for the first time since, as best as I can remember, December of 2021. Within 5 minutes was force-disconnected and required to change my name if I want to enter the world.

It is not physically impossible that it was an action taken by a Game Master, but if so it would be a cosmic coincidence. It is much more likely that it was done by an automated system.

Since we want to quote a blue, I can do the same:

Talks about name changes NOT being automatic.

Talks inappropriate ASSOCIATIONS of names, like “Rittenhouse”, being inappropriate.

Seems to align with everything I’m telling you.

That being said, that blue will lock up this thread, eventually. Usually does, whenever they get quoted so good job!

6 Likes

Blizz isn’t the fastest in dealing with reports, that’s for sure, but here’s another one excluding name changes from being automatic:

3 Likes

They can say whatever they want, it doesn’t make it true. You are asking me to believe a forum post instead of my lying eyes.

I bet the OP is also one of those guys that goes to police stations and borough halls to ‘audit’ them by being obnoxious as possible.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t care. You’ve already created a narrative in your mind, you’ll just roll with it.
I’ll give you this though. We are playing a fantasy game where the Bidens, the Trumps and all the political rubbish that goes along with them doesn’t exist. I’d like to keep politics and the ensuing drama out of the game. We get quite enough of it in our daily lives, games/hobbies are an escape from that.
You, on the other hand are striving to shove that in my face with yet another controversial person.
No bueno!

3 Likes

Likewise, with you.

You calling your own eyes “lying”? LOL

That being said, what we think we see may not actually be happening.

Do I need to post the “what color is the dress”?

4 Likes

I’m not shoving anything in your face, certainly not anything about the Bidens or Trump. If you don’t want to interact with me stop interacting with me

It’s a pretty common trope or meme. “Who you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?” Not familiar with it?

Edit: a quick google search reveals it originated as a Groucho Marx bit, where his wife catches him in bed with another woman, and he denies what she plainly saw. When she continues to insist on it he says “who are you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?”

Probably will be my last thoughts on the matter, but as I mentioned before, there’s other players that also have the name Rittenhouse. None of them are on the forums with this issue. There is a difference between you and all of them that share the same name that isn’t apparent here.

That being said the only thing I can conclude is that, as I also mentioned before, an exchange was made in game that prompted numerous people to report you or you made this post to bait the obvious which many of us fell for.

Bottom line, if you got reported you just have to deal with it. Your name apparently has caused disruption in some way to someone else in game and is likely doing the same here on the forums.

1 Like

Alright fine, let’s do it, what color is the dress?

Does the monopoly guy wear a monocle?

Did Sinbad play a genie?

First you go for invalidation, now you want to stop communicating.
Your argument can’t stand on its own merit.

Again, enjoy your new name.

2 Likes

Now you’re just trolling. You can’t really lack self-awareness to this degree.

Enjoy your free name change and thread being locked up. GL out there.

4 Likes

Neat, now it’s playing the troll card. That’s ripe coming from you.

He’s lucky it’s the weekend. But yes, this thread will disappear.

3 Likes

If anything then I should be actioned for bad behavior in game, not actioned for a name change. It sounds like the name is perfectly within Blizzard’s naming rules.

That brings into question the nature of the behavior and what prompted the forced name change.

If someone had the name Charles that can relate to a wide variety of famous or infamous individuals.

But since your name is related to someone who is infamous and in a more recent time frame, it’s obvious why your name was reported in addition to something that we’re all not privy to.

There’s nothing else that should be discussed further on this topic and the post locked. Change your name and submit a ticket to blizzard if you feel that strongly about the forced name change.

2 Likes

Why would this thread be locked? Did you report it or something lol.

Also, if I have to I will just go with the name Blizzard assigned me, PlayerYTSHTR. I have to imagine that a name that THEY CHOSE is not actionable, notwithstanding it actually being more offensive than they name I chose lol.

ETA: was notified that this post was reported and hidden due to community reports, but that a staff member determined it did not violate the forum code of conduct. Will the griefers who abused the report function have their accounts actioned?