How the heck does horde STILL not have playable Ogres?

Super idea! :slight_smile: :heart_eyes: re: like Jessica Rabbit.
My reply doesn’t seem to work. But it’s a great idea.

1 Like

The whole Kul Tiran comparison is kind of dumb. Ogres were a part of Warcraft since the beginning of the franchise. In many ways they are iconic Horde. Kul Tirans are just chunky, big-boned humans that absolutely no one asked for.

As for the racial fantasy. Sometimes its fun to play a big, stupid oaf. Ogres are pretty amusing and I happen to love all the characterization they gave them in Hearthstone. Its really no different than people wanting to play Panderan. Its goofy, whimsical, silly but it appeals to different types of people.

6 Likes

No sorry, I wouldn’t want to play as an ogre. Ogres are dumb and lack a sophisticated culture that all the other playable races have. I wouldn’t to play a giant Razorfen Downs syndrome brute. They all share the same model and only exist to be low level fodder to new players. I can never take ogres seriously.

I prefer Pandaren because Pandas are awesome irl (as evident that my local Zoo has a pair) and I think black and white bears are more majestic than said overweight Razorfen Downs syndrome giants.

Also,

Virgin Ogre vs Chad Pandaren.

You guys know you can toy with non-playable races using the Wowhead dressing room right?

If you really want to see why Ogres can’t be a thing, beyond the obvious “they wouldn’t fit in any door”, go have some fun it it.

The new start zone where you play one in a disguise is so cool, esp. when you dance and NPC chides you for having fun! Loved that part.

1 Like

Yes! Brilliant idea.

Hang on a sec, Ogres first appeared in Warcraft 1, but Kul Tiras was in Warcraft 2 which came out a year later. They’re pretty close in that regard.

Wrong.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-unofficial-stonemaul-ogre-playable-race-discussion-megathread/670660

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/megathread-ogres-as-playable-allied-race/67781

Both are Horde players and I guarantee the orc would shed tears of felblood if you suggested ogres for the alliance.

5 Likes

Well he can go play one as Alliance.

Says a mechgnome…

1 Like

I guarantee that this orc will never do. :rofl:

Highmaul. Just…Highmaul.

Yeah but Kul Tirans were just regular humans back then. This idea of them being 2ft taller and 200lbs heavier is something unique to BfA.

2 Likes

Highmaul is nothing but a bunch of rocks cemented with each other. It is ugly to look at and looks nothing like irl roman architecture.

The had Roman esque emperor. That takes intelligence…Rome wasn’t built in a day :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, that’s easy. It’s because Slaanesh is STILL not in charge of the game. It STILL is Blizzard’s game, not Slaanesh’s game.

Omg, I lol’d pretty hard at that :heart:

1 Like

Speak for yourself. Better than a bargain basement version of Lord Helmet.

3 Likes

i would not, you are mistaking me for an alliance player