How the heck does horde STILL not have playable Ogres?

Like, are we saving ogres for the 20th anneversary or something? What the actual frick? Make those beautiful clumsy idiots an allied race! Bonus points if you let them be druids with derpy forms.

75 Likes

Why do you want blizz to waste there time on another race noone will play?

14 Likes

We all know Mok’nathal are the superior option BECAUSE THEY DON’T USE THE GOD DAMN GOOFY MOONKIN FORM AND POCESSES THE ABILITY TO SPEAK BIG WORDS

13 Likes

You mean like they did on Mechagnomes?

35 Likes

Exactly. No arguments from me.

6 Likes

100th anniversary we get murloc allied race

8 Likes

I wish I could heart this post a thousand times.

I have wanted ogres since I started back when BC launched. I remember looking for them on the character creation screen and being disappointed.

There is SUCH an opportunity with ogres! You could make them a matriarchy with female ogres and ogre kids in a secret location! And in case Blizzard is worried about people not playing ugly female characters (I would) you could make female ogres beautiful. It would be hilarious to have gorgeous female ogres who love the, um, less conventionally beautiful male ogres.

But either way, however you write it, WoW needs ogres.

You could even make them a neutral race like Pandarians. I think players would return in droves to play an ogre so having an expac featuring just them as a new race would be okay.

23 Likes

Mok’nathal are just bigger, yellow orcs. No one wants that. People want fat, lumbering, brutish oafs.

13 Likes

People want them and dw SV so they can live out their rexxar fantasies. XD the rest of us want real ogres

Alliance got those. If you want fat, lumbering, brutish oafs… the Alliance is waiting for you. :wink:

6 Likes

I have a KT DK thanks. I still want ogres.

4 Likes

It almost happened in Cata. Ogres were a consideration, but they changed to goblins instead.

But it’s a lot of work making them. Ogres aren’t a reskin of anything. They have to have their whole rigs built anew with player animations in mind, customizations and they don’t even female models either. Plus a story arc for their faction. That’s a lot of time and effort. There hasn’t been an opportunity to fit it in yet.

Maybe eventually though! I don’t think it’s ever been totally shot down, it’s just the stars never lined up right for it.

4 Likes

Because Ogres won’t fit through Doors.

You know, the reason why people said that they didn’t want the tree mount to win? However, unlike a mount, there’s no dismounting your race in order to get through doors with Ogres.

Same reason why we don’t get Vry’kul.

2 Likes

Just have them clip through the door

Like how Tauren/KT clip through doors, or the endless amount of other clipping issues

5 Likes

Arent ogres way too big? even bigger than the tauren and kul’tiran

I would literally die if I could make my warlock a two headed ogre warlock :weary::weary:

6 Likes

Orges are a tough sell story-wise at this point. Technically two clans are under the Horde, while a third one is enslaved, but they lack the story motivation to be a player character who goes out on these quests to save the world.

1 Like

Blizzard could rework the model to duck or something. Might cost you a raid tier or two , but its possible with enough people working on it.

1 Like

I’ve been wanting Ogres for years. There’s a huge amount of potential there. I’d honestly be ok with them being as big as Tauren. Lore wise Tauren are around 9 feet tall. In-game models =/= lore.

With Rexxar taking a more active role in the Horde, now could be a really good time to rally the Ogres under the Horde banner, especially given how weakened the Horde is now from the Fourth War.

Edited to correct myself on the height for Tauren.

2 Likes

Alliance would be upset for one.

Kul Tiran are not popular so why make another ‘porky’ race?

There is no female model for Ogres.

1 Like