Honeyback Harvester Still Faction Locked

How does this make it to live? Do you people not have any QA staff?

Yes, the quest/grind to obtain the honeyback harvester is alliance-specific. That’s fine, it’s the same as Kua’fon and the Child of Torcali. What isn’t like those two horde mounts - both of which are alliance-rideable, by the way - is that the actual mount “spell” in my collection appears to be incorrectly faction-locked to alliance for no thematic reason whatsoever.

I earned that damned bee, now let me ride it.

Or put another way, let me bee.

44 Likes

It is intended. I can’t ride the Bloodswarmer as an Alliance player either.

If you want to ride a bee, the Alliance is there waiting for you.

By the way, stop spamming these threads. Stick to one, please.

97 Likes

Ctrl+F on front page, no results for “honey,” hence new thread.

Are you able to ride kua’fon and the child of torcali? I’ll answer for you, it’s “yes.” That’s the apples to apples comparison here, not the bloodswarmer, which is a faction reputation mount like all your gryphons and horses from zone reputation vendors. I can’t ride any of your gryphons and horses either, which is fine. You CAN ride my faction-specific questline dinosaur mounts, however, while I can’t ride your bee obtained in the same way. That is the problem.

29 Likes

You can on the faction you earned it with.

4 Likes

You can ride Kua’fon and the Child on both factions.

20 Likes

Yes so. Someone pointed out a mount earlier that is horde faction specific. Why does everything have to work the same ?

I actually have no idea why you earned this, knowing you couldn’t use it on horde if that is such a big deal. Just to complain ?

14 Likes

It was not an apt comparison for the reasons I pointed out, which you would’ve been aware of and persuaded by had you read the relevant post.

11 Likes

Try using the forum search function and looking for “bee.”

Except it isn’t a problem or a bug to Blizz. It’s intended. Nothing is fair when it comes to such things for Blizz. They don’t do equality anymore. See Legion class mounts.

Also:

21 Likes

The sooner they fix this bug, the sooner they’ll stop seeing these outraged threads blossoming up on the front page. How this foolery ever makes it to live servers boggles the imagination.

And to all of you, it’s disgusting how you’re all so eager to bend over backwards in excusing a dysfunctional status quo as somehow normal. It’s not. Stop twisting yourself into a pretzel and stand up for what you’re entitled to.

13 Likes

I don’t read entire threads and I don’t care what reasons you come up with if there is another faction specific mount your complaint is invalid.

10 Likes

Solution: The Alliance is waiting for you.

31 Likes

My horde characters aren’t entitled to it. I have no problem with them not being able to use it. They have a whole bunch of other original mounts they can use.

22 Likes

So you’re just responding to make noise and troll, is that it? If you’re not going to read anything in this thread, why should I read any of your replies?

9 Likes

It’s not a bug. It’s intended.

There’s no such thing.

See Legion class mounts.

No one is entitled to anything.

32 Likes

Don’t bother reading any of my replies. I had my say.

If this is a bug then so is giving Alliance reskins of horses and gryphons a bug for emissary mounts while Horde gets a ghost pterrordax along with other mounts also Horde got a better chopper with Alliance looking like a bug.

10 Likes

Agreed that there are too many of these threads.

However there is a bloodswarmer you can farm as Alliance just fine.

5 Likes

There ya go.

4 Likes

Let’s take one step further.

Just remove the faction/race limitation on all mounts. I absolutely want to ride a wolf mount as a worgen.

We could even allow cross-faction mount as reward/drops in battlegrounds and arena. Wanna solve the problem of low participation in PvP? There’s your answer.

9 Likes

Fix the bug or inequality or whatever you want to call it and they go away like magic.