[H/N-Rp] The Wolfmane Tribe Recruitment Open

In the midst of your travels throughout Kalimdor, you stumble upon an encampment riddled with Tauren tents. Accompanying the tents is a large group of Tauren, gathered in a circle, with their latest hunt roasting over a warm fire. Hunters, gatherers, braves, healers, all are gathered in front of you, in a little camp in the middle of the wilderness. One of these Tauren spots you and approaches. His fur and mane are rugged, yet there is a kind smile on his face, and his posture is welcoming. When he spoke, his voice was deep and friendly.

“Peace, friend. Welcome to our camp. What brings you to the Wolfmane?”

Basic Info: Horde Guild; 18+ Heavy Role-play
Event times are usually 6 ST/Pacific unless stated
Combat: Custom D20 system
Faction Neutral/Horde Allies
Open to Cross-Faction RP
LGBTQIA+ Friendly

Chieftain: Huwah Wisehorn
Council: Breutex, Baoshii
Watchers: Brutus, Haikili, Xun

The Wolfmane Tribe is a well-established heavy Traditional Tauren role-playing guild established in 2015. We host all kinds of events from daily life rps, adventure, guild storyline, etc. to weekly and seasonal server events. It is our goal to promote a safe and positive environment for both our guild and the server.

What to expect in character…
The Wolfmane is a traditional, nomadic people who move with the seasons. We follow the traditions from the time before the orcs came to Kalimdor which we call ‘The Old Ways.’ When a character seeks to become one of the Wolfmane, they are expected to live as we do and honor our traditions such as living in balance with nature, respecting the ancestors, and honoring the Earth Mother.

What to expect out of character…
Together we are a fun loving, goofy group of people of all kinds who want to have fun and share good stories. We welcome anyone who wishes to join us as we play games, watch shows and movies, enjoy content, and most importantly; roleplay.

Server Events we host or co-host…

Story Circle: A honored and beloved weekly storytelling event that is held in Bloodhoof Village on Sundays at 6:30 ST/Pacific. This event has been hosted on the server for about ten years now.

Mulgore Mondays: A weekly event we host with the intended purpose of bringing roleplay back to Thunder Bluff.

Rp Campaign Night: Wednesdays starting at 5:30 ST.

Raid Night: Currently Not Raiding

The Dance of the Earthmother: A seasonal server event we co-hosted with various tribes on WRA and on Moonguard. We have been helping organize Dances for several years now. Possibly four or five.

Recruitment

Step 1: Contact

Players wishing to join can contact the guild one of two ways. The first option is players interested in joining the guild will need to reach out to Watchers, Council, or the Chieftain and request to join. This can be done by approaching in Rp, whispers, ingame mail, or requesting one of our members to inform leadership.

Once contacted, leadership will invite the player into the guild, community, and into our discord and give them the rank of potential and Wolfmane. A roleplay will be scheduled to ICly invite the character to stay with the tribe.

The second option is to place an optional application upon our website. The application is to be filled out with all relevant information. Guild leadership will comment and send an invite to our discord, however applications will not be approved until the end of the trial period.

Step 2: Trial Period

It is during this time that the player will come to 4 or 5 events on the character that they wish to join on as well as join in on several casual roleplays. It is the responsibility of the player to keep track of what they have attended.

Once completed and the player feels that the guild is a good fit for them, they will contact leadership and request an IC interview which is to occur as soon as possible. Then the character can be given invites to the guild, apply to the website if the player has not registered there, and be promoted to the rank of Greenhorn or newcomer.

13 Likes

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you accept other races or only Tauren?

We accept other races as well including Alliance races. We have had a human, Worgen, and a Draenai ( A researcher from the Stormwind University doing a study on us) among the tribe. Our only expectation is for them to follow our traditions with us. However, Forsaken are another matter and are considered case by case.

Is Wolfmane a 18+ guild?

We are. As much as I would like for my guild to be a safe place for minors the majority of those under the age of 18 that joined us created too much drama. Making lore discussions way too personal or harassing other roleplayers.

How often do you host events?

We host multiple events weekly! Most days of the week have some kind of event on them. We host or co-host two weekly events; Story Circle and Mulgore Mondays. We also host weekly social events which can be anything from casual conversation around the campfire to hunting events. We also try to attend the weekly events of other guilds to help support their events. Events are not mandatory but the more a character attends, the better known they will be.

Does Wolfmane participate in PvE/PvP content?

Currently we host content nights in which we do WQs, mount hunts, dungeons, old raids, and battlegrounds together. Occasionally a member may try to get an arena team together. We are looking to form a Mythic+ team or more as well as a raid team.

Is Wolfmane LGBTQIA+ Friendly?

Oh yes! We most certainly are! Many of us are LGBTQIA+ ourselves and as a guild we do not tolerate any homophobia, transphobia, or bigotry of any kind. Respect and acceptance is one of our rules and very important to us.

How welcoming is Wolfmane to new members?

We try to be as welcoming as possible to new members and friends to the guild. I love meeting new people and their characters. I am constantly trying to think of how we can be more welcoming. New members bring new experiences into the guild and I am thankful for that. However, I also want people to find the guild that best suits them. Although I am saddened when people leave, I hope they find a guild that is perfect for them even if it’s not us.

3 Likes

Reserved
Coming Soon

Wolfmane Book IV

Unyielding Death

Chapter One

2 Likes

I’ve been stuck with these guys for like 5 years now. I guess they’re pretty alright.

(Love Wolfmane. <3 There’s no where else I’d rather spend my days in WoW.)

3 Likes

Was involved in orc roleplay for years. Before my clan became allied with the Wolfmane Tribe. Saw their environment, who they were and I’ve been hooked ever since.

2 Likes

I never regret the day I decided to be randomly IC when I came across them in Highmountain. The Wolfmane have been around for awhile, and those passing through I thoroughly recommend giving your support, and checking out their events. They’re fun, inviting and a joy to interact with.

Ally with them, befriend them, support them or join! Obviously giving this a bump for all to see!

1 Like

Congrats to Dahote!

Karanga, glad to see you still around. Love the Wolfmane.

1 Like

I have said it before and I will say it again; you are a great friend! I am always thankful to have your support. It means a lot!

Thank you, Gwyneth! Right back at you! I am happy to be working with you on other Rps too.

1 Like

These guys are pretty cool. Support them.

1 Like

We are still recruiting. Send us letters or look for us at our weekly events.

Story Circle is today at 6:40 ST/Pacific in Bloodhoof and Mulgore Mondays is tomorrow at 7:00 ST/pacific in Thunder Bluff but don’t be afraid of being early! I will be!

Congratulations to everyone who made for a very successful first Wolfmane raid night in the current expansion. We managed to topple Shriekwing, Huntsman Altimor and the Hungering Destroyer!

Just want to give a shoutout to everyone who participated.
Ool’lah and Bruhai for so much assitance on mechanics and lovely deeps.
Aeloso, Karanga and Khonsi for splashing delicious water, then growing plants in it with light on all of us.
Mister Le Fey for those delicious cookies and aromatic corruption.
Krojen the absolute UNIT and wall.
Raton, Zanghif and Chakotay for sick dance mov… I mean mechanics and sexy SEXY dps. (Y’all so hot ya melt stone dahhhling.)

1 Like

I can’t wait to get to max level and geared to try raiding as a ranged DPS for the first time. :slight_smile:

Spring is upon us and I am back from my vacation! Its going to be a busy month for us as we will be leaving our winter camp and into the broader world. Not to mention the next Dance of the Earthmother will be taking place soon! So much to do, so little time!

Edit: We are still accepting new members!

I am interested as a faction neutral RPer but am unsure of when or where would be a good time to approach ICly as per your recruitment process. Perhaps we can find a way to communicate and hash out some details?

1 Like

I could reach out to you. How would be best to do so? Could we arrange to meet somewhere? Or bump into each other?

Would using in-game mail to send you my Discord be alright with you? These forums need a DM feature. I’ll use my Horde character and send you my Discord username. As for where our characters could meet, any neutral town in Kalimdor works. Ratchet perhaps? My character used to live in Kalimdor and was a fur trader.

1 Like

Friendly bump, good peoples, can confirm.

1 Like

Sounds good! I will check here in a bit!

1 Like

My, my. The thread is popular after a big turn out for story circle.

Thank you so much, Maeshkin! We appreciate your kindness!