Here is the LFG Addon in action! Much worse than you thought

To the people who say, “Derpy derp… it’s just a chat parser”, take a look at it in action:

A more extensive look:

In summary:

• It has an auto-invite feature
  • It will auto-spam chat channels (you and the invited party members)
  • It can communicate with other users of the addon WITHOUT posting anything to a chat channel
  • It will post your spec (how many points you allocated in each tree

This does not belong in Classic.

Will Blizzard break it?

Probably! This looks promising:

359 Likes

Definitely not…

27 Likes

This needs to go away ASAP.

224 Likes

Need to get a blue response on whether this is allowed.

64 Likes

I don’t see a problem with this, it just allows quicker way to make groups with people using that addon.

47 Likes

Needs to be blacklisted. Not in keeping with the spirit of classic. Don’t like it at all.

244 Likes

The fact that this auto adds people has made me now against this addon. Please get rid of it Blizz

230 Likes

Please, please, PLEASE dont let this be allowed in Classic.

187 Likes

I was originally under the impression that it was more like a bulletin board that just listed people LFG with extra details, and then you could either whisper them or vice versa.

But not this. Too much automation.

144 Likes

It seems my bigger fear is coming true. So sad.

60 Likes

why ? So others (you obviously will not be using it) are using it to get quick groups in Classic, tell me how that affects you ?

11 Likes

Wayyyy too automated for a vanilla experience.

But seeing how the NoChAnGeS movement failed, it won’t surprise me if this becomes a must have.

25 Likes

Absolutely agreed.

57 Likes

And if someone wrote this back in vanilla they would have been hailed a hero…

49 Likes

why would it be a must have ? are they removing the other ways (friends, chat, guild) of making groups ? it’s like saying OQueue was a must have when it was popular which was patently false.

8 Likes

This needs to be broken TODAY.

87 Likes

I’m shocked to find you defending this.

Shocked I say…:expressionless:

16 Likes

I don’t like it either but you can’t stop people from using addons or programs to make groups. That is why Blizzard built it into the game to make this kind of thing obsolete.

8 Likes

You got that right. The fear of NOT having it will normalize it.

In its current state.

5 Likes

Bottom line, such automated group invites and spams are disingenuous to the classic WoW 1.12 experience.

32 Likes