Here is the LFG Addon in action! Much worse than you thought

I gotta admit, it’s an impressive addon. Kill it.

70 Likes

It affects me by making it so there is less of a community feeling which is one of the reasons i was headed back to classic

94 Likes

You understand that you’re still doing the dungeon with them, right? Dude, seriously, the only thing this is changing from classic is that when you’re making a group, you’re not leashed to ironforge, and can instead go out and farm ore if you want to.

24 Likes

not really defending anything, I’m just pointing out how this is blown out of proportion, I already have all my pre-raid addons ready to go (spartan UI and bartender4) and won’t be using this as it’s a non-issue type thing, Those that are looking for more automated groups where they are a bit less social will use it, those that are looking for the social experience won’t. I see no reason why one group should dictate why a legit addon that would have been popular in Classic if it had been made then (and I’m sure the Classic API would have been able to do it and more) should be allowed or not.

12 Likes

That is literally automating that persons account, you’ve got to be kidding me. This is 100% against the spirit of classic in every way shape and form. Leave it to the community to ruin classic before its even out ROFL. Break it before launch.

73 Likes

Think you still have to be in a major city to be able to spam. But yes, should be able join a group from anywhere.

1 Like

Yeah, Icy Veins neglected to mention this and the developer of the App in his interview with Esfand last night did not mention this functionality nor the fact that it auto spams chat by all party members.

This is ridiculous.

64 Likes

someone did write this back in vanilla, called the Call To Arms addon. only thing different is that this new addon auto invites people if you toggle it on

7 Likes

Still does not belong.

14 Likes

Ok, yeah, that is just Dungeon Finder disguised as a chat addon. Imagine the spam with 200 players running that addon. No thank you. Retail —> that way.

71 Likes

I dont see the issue.

If you really hate it dont use it, I dont see how it effects you.

If by just “knowing it exists” bother you, i think you have bigger problems.

11 Likes

You either have add ons or you don’t. People were foolish to expect Vanilla WoW. Enjoy Classic for what it is.

5 Likes

Let’s have all the folks defending this addon from the other thread try to explian the auto invite away now. No automation? Get real.

22 Likes

Back to retail…

42 Likes

so an addon that does the exact same thing as an addon originally written for vanilla wow back in the day does not belong, ok sure

12 Likes

opinions do not equal fact.
The addon is out there and will be there when Classic launches on Monday.
There is no issue with it, as pointed out Call to Arms was similar in Classic (I think I heard of it once and told them I didn’t understand addons and how to install them so I didn’t need to get it even tho I ran more addons then than I do now).
Your opinion (or mine, or the OPs, or a streamers, or anyone in this thread) about the ‘spirit of classic’ or if this Addon is good or bad is immaterial, IF blizzard determines it’s bad they will break it although that seems unlikely.

4 Likes

Knowing there is an automated group maker in a vanilla-like state of WoW is a problem and should bother those that are looking for the most genuine experience possible.

35 Likes

Call to Arms didn’t auto invite people into your group.

30 Likes

Call to arms did not auto invite.

22 Likes

This needs to be disabled and prohibited by Blizzard.

55 Likes