Have fans ever killed a race for you?

Nah not really. Fans normally make me more interested than anything! The whole high elf drama… this is created by blizzard I tell you. They don’t tell a clear enough story, sometimes their vision is not as apparent as they think it is? If the story was told a little better then everybody would have a better idea of where the high elves stand today, how many there are, where they are…

Everything could make sense. But people at blizzard say “play a blood elf if you want to play a high elf” and this is the problem. Then they add high elf skins to a void elf lol. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Awesome name fyi.

I know. :nail_care:

1 Like

Weebs and NElves (giving them Japanese names):

All the weeb characters after Pandaren started training people:

All the people making RP excuses of how they were the only human, gnome, elf, etc. in Pandaria and were named, somehow, Japanese when Pandaren are Chinese:

Yes. All three are the same people.

I didnt know the northern lights could use the forums :open_mouth:

Here is what the OP of the Sethrak megathread has to say about them.

And a random assortment of mechagnome bashing threads.

These are just a very tiny fraction of mechagnome bashing threads and comments. Not even going into reddit stuff.

5 Likes

Its unfortunate but there will always be critics, easy to lash out and misplace your frustrations and put all the blame on Mechagnomes or even KT.

Alliance side I loved KT and just ignored any comments on GD, still do. You never have to apologize for your tastes!

2 Likes

More or less ruined a faction for me. The whole high elf fiasco just made me not want to touch my alliance characters more than I have to for certain mounts or artifact tints because my older DK that did the legion content was Alliance and I already decked out this DK so it wouldn’t make sense to faction change.

But yeah between the two elf factions…I’ll take my one token nightborne and have the rest as monster races thank you very much. Goblins, Vulpera, Trolls, and Tauren. If my guild ever forces us to go Alliance then…just worgen and gnomes I guess.

2 Likes

“Put me down you tiny angry woman!”

Best Cata quest.

4 Likes

I’ve felt uncomfortable being fleshy as I can be called a diaper gnome or amputee.

…and so i’ll remain with this look. :robot:

edit: Also the same with Kul’tirans being fat humans-- i’m happy to hear the Drust masks are coming in.

Except the band that does Carmelldansen is Swedish.

2 Likes

Which makes it more weeaboo than anything ever. A japanese style band with anime characters doing this dance which was made by Swedes. It’s perfect.

2 Likes

Yeah but the song was tied to a video/meme with anime girls dancing to it. Its what 99.99% of people know that song from.

1 Like

We can, actually, but people tend to misinterpret us when we just appear.

For instance, we appeared in some CEOs bedrooms to say: “Don’t commit tax fraud,” in big, neon letters. For some reason, people question the true meaning of our presence. So, we started moving to forum posts. :confused:

3 Likes

I LOVED Blood Elves at the beginning of TBC, with the struggle against mana addiction and all, and the risk of becoming wretched and how survival was the key point for many of the race’s decision.

Sadly, what made Belves most interesting for me (that background) was quickly resolved by the end of the xpac. :confused:

1 Like

The High elf/Void elf community is just toxic waste.

I don’t want to play any type of Thalassian anymore I’m just sick of it.

That’s what I’m saying.

It’s definitely an Undead mage or caster. heh

Although this community having an unhealthy hate for Mechagnomes made me love them even more.

2 Likes

If we’re talking NPC races, the toxicity/entitlement of many high elf and sethrak supporters has killed what interest I had in those races becoming playable. For the former, it’s been a crusade of nearly three years to either get another Alliance copy of blood elves or strip the one we already have of its identity, as well as giving us people like Joyeuse and Wanobi. For the latter, it’s crap like this:

Unsurprisingly, there’s some overlap with the anti-mechagnome cult because after the sethrak crowd thought they were owed sethrak and were going to get what they wanted, a race that actually looked like it could be an allied race came along and threatened their perceived chances, then the mechagnomes won and the sethrak crowd blamed them for robbing the sethrak of their “destiny”.
Imagine if they dedicated this much hatred to something important.

3 Likes

Throws Sentry Fish at the sympathizer.

Hiss. Boo.

Not helping your case, hon.

2 Likes

The only help I need is stuffing Mecha Gnomes into the Scrap-O-Matic, not like you can offer it, shorty.