Giving beta only to subs makes no sens

Not true i resubbed as soon as they told us they were bringing out classic to show my support.

1 Like

Still doesnt change the point i was making. If people with no active subs whine about needing one for a possible invite, the solution is simple, sub and be done with it. Of course it isnt a guaranteed invite just because you pay $15, just like im not guaranteed to win powerball because i buy a ticket.

Thank you, i wish more people understood this like you.

In all likely hood there will be an open beta during the stress test periods.
This means that if you have a subbed account, you can participate in the beta.

If throwing down 15 bucks a month until August is to much, then just wait for public release. It’s only 3 months away.

I agree with the OP. This ONLY favors BFA players not the classic community who refuse to play Retail. If you want to make sure its players that will be willing to test Classic, send it out to players who played between 2004 and 2006. You will get dedicated testers there. I am one of them. However I will not sub just because you want money to prove BFA is a good game. You can kiss off for that blizzard.

I doubt that. With the exception of the third stress test.

I suspect the 1st and 2nd “stress tests” are going to be large population adds for the beta player pool. There may be some people who get a 2 day invite in the mix as well, but for most of them, once they’re in the beta, they stay in the beta.

Based on how small the player pool seems to be according to those playing in the beta, it looks like they’re still doing a gradual ramp-up on player population within the beta and ensuring the servers are “scaling as expected” absent Layering. They’ll possibly continue to slow-walk that part of things up through the start of next week.

Then on the 22nd, they’re going to hit the beta servers with “a big wave” of new invites to see how layering impacts the small player population already established, and how having a second layer impacts system performance in the real world. Either way, we’ll know more in a week when the first “stress test” hits.

That’s fine, you can think that, but it’s not true considering all the flaming, harassing, and blather those people did to others for no reason. And simply put, it’s true.

Blizz can’t guarantee inactive accounts would even bother resubbing to join the beta test. And since you need to be actively subbed to play the beta, it makes perfect sense to send invites to already active subs.

1 Like

It doesnt make sense that people without an active sub can play the 8.2 beta but not the Classic beta.

I don’t know where you’re getting your information, but it’s wrong.

It is, in fact, new and unique for this test. No other beta test has ever required a sub. (The closest Blizzard has ever come to this was the year-sub for beta access to Diablo 3, which was a bonus and not a requirement.)

The beta should not be a reward or some kind of incentive. This isn’t the time to “reward loyal customers.” The beta should be the time for feedback. What the game needs is dedicated fans scouring the game for bugs and other mistakes. Many of the most dedicated fans of Classic are being excluded by the way beta invites are being handed out.

If Blizzard wanted to do some kind of early access for paid subs then fine. This is the beta though. It’s strange to me that the beta is basically being treated as an early access trial period of the game.

Actually only giving beta to subs is pure marketing genius.
It will encourage the masses who can not do math to sub in order to get 1/10 of a 1 percent chance to get in the beta.
subs should increase by at least 2000 due to this move.

That is coming from direct copy/pastes from my invitations for those betas. It is what Blizzard sent out. Unless you’re saying my e-mails on Gmail have been hacked and edited by somebody else?

I’ve already copied it twice into this forum in the past day, I can copy paste again if you want?

Edit: Why not do so a third time?

The players are doing that…they are the one thinking it’s early access. Getting into a beta awards no advantage. Every one starts on the ground floor on launch.

It does add advantage, but by 2 weeks in, those advantages are going to be pretty negligible.

That’s a phish attempt.

Anytime someone asked you to input your account credentials to qualify for something is a phishing attempt. Blizzard always flagged your account for beta, you never had to do a thing to get access. Every beta I got into, I found out by looking at my account management and saw I was flagged there. Never had to input my login or password to qualify.

1 Like

LOL. Battle.net accounts didn’t exist before TBC.

Edit: As I recall, they weren’t even required until Wrath.

You do realize I hope that most of the players who play Classic will be players coming from Retail. Retail players are already subbed so get Classic for free. There will be lots and lots of players from Retail in Classic.

I expect initially 95% of Classic players will be Retail players. So perhaps it makes sense that those who are committed to Blizzard and paying for a sub get access to the beta.

That said, after the first month or so I expect the % of Retail players in Classic to drop through the floor. After briefly touring Classic, most Retail players will be disgusted with the simplistic gameplay, slow grindy leveling, lack of options, or crappy graphics. They will likely all quit Classic to return to Retail.

Why would they give out beta access to people that don’t even support their company anymore? how would they locate these individuals that played vanilla back in it’s day? how does doing that makes more “sens” than giving access to people with active subs?

1 Like

I don’t remember my emails ever saying that, but it is still a different thing from this requirement.

Those emails say “You have been invited! If your sub is inactive, you will need to activate it to play.” That’s fine and I would have no complaint if it were happening. But that is NOT what is happening here!

What is happening this time is “You must have a sub to even be considered.” It’s a very different thing and the result is vastly more exploitative. It’s saying “Hey, pay us 15-45 bucks just to have a tiny chance at even being invited to beta. You might end up paying us for absolutely nothing. Enjoy your time with Blizzard!”

If they are going to play for less than a month, in what sense are they the majority of players? In what way are they even real and meaningful players? (In the context of Classic, specifically; obviously they’re real WoW and real Retail players.)

They are tourists. Yes, tourists are going to temporarily outnumber actual players, no one has an argument about that. But there is no reason to cater to such people.