Full time retail player once again

Are you talking about retail or classic?

I spend most of my time in classic sitting 20 min WSG queues just so I can go up against a premade that drops 2k gold in consumables so they can win in 5 minutes and farm honor.

3 Likes

Yes…when it launched lol

2 Likes

classic isn’t dying hell I was on the other day and most servers were high a few medium and 2 full and 2 low…classic has a health population and no amount of whining/complaining or hating on these forums is going to change that. On an off topic im starting to think that classic players and retail players just cant get along we sure do fight ALOT.

1 Like

I stopped playing classic at level 45. Honestly just got bored grinding mobs for exp.

1 Like

I find Classic to have the opposite problem as Retail.

Retail is SUPER BORING to level up but has a good end game with a lot of options (M+/PVP/raiding/collecting pets/mogs/mounts/etc) where as Classic is very fun to level up because it’s actually challenging but has a meh endgame (brokenly unbalanced PvP/super boring 2-mechanic raids that have 10 min down time if you wipe/same 4 dungeon farm)

3 Likes

That’s pretty wild.

I’ve gone back to Classic after getting rep for Zandalar because there’s nothing else worthwhile to do in Retail.

I’ve tried. I’ve tried really hard to enjoy Retail, but there’s just nothing to do. It’s all repetitive content, over and over again.

I don’t doubt Classic might get to the same place once I level cap and do the content that’s released in this phase, but I think that’s kinda the point of releasing it in phases.

Exactly, the levels felt nice every time but really where is it going? So I can hit 60 and do some proto-raids then never play again.

1 Like

If anything Classic shown a bright light on why some changes were made . So many times I would be thinking to myself “Im so glad they fixed this” while playing Classic.

It was fun, it is fun, but Im not as devoted to it as I thought I would be.

This Classic vs Live subject is like talking religion and politics at the dinner table. Something is bound to go wrong and neither side is %100 right.

You’re allowed to like and play both. It’s ok

1 Like

Just speaking about myself but i never stay in citys from the first day BFA dropped.

1 Like

Of course it’s not dying they only have what 30 plus servers while retail has 200 lol. Players are less spread out on Classic doesn’t mean it will do well in 8.3 or sl expansion is out.

1 Like

If anything, Classic WoW vs the experience on pservers highlighted to me that most of the worst changes made to the game were done to catter to retail WoW no-life players who don’t play for the game, but to distract themselves from life or other games. It’s exactly what happened to AV and the WPvP in Classic, the pserver player behavior was WAY different.

Just look at the addition of pet battles and how many people tell me “they’re something you can do if you’re bored”. But why would you be bored playing THE GAME? Is WoW so boring that people try to play a different game within the game to justify its cost? Is it about making additions that make sense to the game, or is it about stuffing it with as many random things as possible to make sure the no-life players don’t complain as much?

It reminds me of the “A short history lesson in MMORPGs” picture.

did you notice that once all servers started to say “low” and “medium” all the time on their real time server populations that they changed it to show it for the week or whatever? blizz was being honest at first about things but eventually hid how poorly classic was doing. which i find hilarious. lol.

1 Like

i totally agree with this and I did the same

If that’s true that is very funny to me lol! Im not shocked to be honest i figure they would hide the truth.

they changed it a while back so instead of saying “low” or “medium” now a lot of servers say “high.” but a week before that 90% of the day they were at “low.” XD

here’s the post they made about it. but look how it is framed. :stuck_out_tongue:

LMFAO! oh man i knew it smart move on blizzard. But i always knew not alot of players where playing it over retail most people want a MMorpg that goes forward not backwards anyways.

1 Like

Well, that’s one way to coach…but it’s an easy way to just drive people away as well.

This, amigo, is not brag-worthy.

1 Like

i had someone argue with me that more people have played classic than retail. so in the whole 39 or whatever servers they have they’ve had over 12m people playing? and i correct them and let them know that even WoD started out with 10m and it’s widely considered the worst expansion. yet classic has had maybe 2m? and that’s a kind estimate? there are more people on “new player” and “low” realms on retail than there are combined vs all the classic realms. not to mention all of our “medium”, “high”, and “full” realms. the retail servers are also much larger than the classic ones but they don’t understand that either. lol

Bingo well said! if that is what they have now i can’t imagine how bad it’s going to get when 8.3 drops and even more so when sl expansion hits i think it will be ghost towns imho.