False reporting and automated ban

This is the primary reason why we cannot afford to accept automatic features that ban people in game or in game chat.

This is a clear cut case of guilty until proven innocent.

Worse, some times it will have zero to do with facts, but instead the most sinister evil in modern society; Feelings based judgement.

No good rule, judgement, or regulation has ever been made that’s been balanced on the feelings of any party or parties involved.

The automatic squelch system has no place in classic WoW, it’s as vile and destructive to the community as sharding.

191 Likes

You’re right. But, like loot trading, it’s not a fight that we’re going to win, because it saves them money.

22 Likes

I hate to break it to the both of you, but both sides censor.

They just dress it in different language.

A right click report system instead of actual customer service might work in retail where you never see the same person twice because of CRZ/BG. But a classic community (if executed anywhere remotely authentically) will be much, much smaller. Imagine what happens when a world first kill for Classic ends in a wipe instead because suddenly half the guild was squelched and everyone had to try to communicate through discord.

25 Likes

I imagine if they are going for world first they are already in discord. Lol

After a recent experience on the receiving end of this system though my view still has not changed.
I went through the process and was unmuted.
Even managed to glean a bit of insight on it.

What really needs to be done is for those abusing it to be punished.
Like removing their access or limiting their individual access to the feature.

You can’t tell me they aren’t keeping track of flag counts.
There’s a cap per forum avatar! Which means they are bypassing that as well because the system allows it.

Don’t blame the system. Blame the users and the holes in the system.

7 Likes

Ah… but what about when you don’t care which political argument gets silenced in your video game?

4 Likes

… You don’t understand what I mean. I mean suddenly everything half the raid needs to communicate has to be done through discord. People talking over each other, feedback, bedlam.

1 Like

Right click report also ignores :slight_smile: and it might inform the offender not to do it again :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well now see thats funny because you would think being on the cutting edge of world first progression they woukd be in discord if you’re typing instead of pew pewin…ummm aren’t yoy a bit distracted to be going for world first?
Sounds like you’re not prepared. Somehow one perseon getting an in game squelch is going to cause chaos and bedlam?
What fight is this and what player/role is squelched in game that it is going to impact the entire raid?

I am not following your reasoning here. I don’t even see how your hypothetical situation is possible.
Especially with a world first progression guild.

6 Likes

The problem is that “I don’t agree with his opinion” should not be reason enough to take away someone’s ability to voice an opinion. Believe it or not, no one has ever been injured by argument.

26 Likes

Macros are a thing. They were used in Vanilla extensively in raiding.

1 Like

https:/ /xkcd.com/1357/

One person will not get you a squelch, annoying a large chunk of the channel will.

6 Likes

Yea bud times have changed.
Discord doesn’t lag people like vent used to because of under powered machines and connections.
Those macros were replaced with discord and dbm. You’ll see. /shrug

Which world first cutting edge guild allows discord to be optional?

1 Like

That’s funny because the left is the one saying right wing speakers aren’t allowed to speak at colleges, the white man isn’t allowed to have an opinion, etc.

Oh and look at YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter where the right regularly get banned, suspended, or deleted, meanwhile the left gets away with it all.

Look at how many right wing people lose jobs over comments on social media and then look at what happens to the left when they make similar comments.

The left is also the one pushing the narrative of feelings and not being able to joke about almost everything under the son but the right wants to control what people can say?

42 Likes

Pro changes censored Farrah’s post three times in 24 hours to try and get the thread deleted. If both sides abuse the system, pro changes does it more.

Oh and nothing in the thread was changed. Farrah never went against ToS or CoC. Pro changes just like to manipulate words to support their agenda and ego.

16 Likes

I unsubbed because of the auto mute and BFA.

Also bullshat they manually review your reports. I get the same automated answer every time ive tried to appeal an unfair mute. I even ask blizzard to supply me with quotes on the “offence” so they can prove it and they never do.

Its a crap automated easily abusable system that is NOT reviewed by GMs.

20 Likes

Almost seems like it was you that flagged Farrah’s post, maybe on multiple accounts, so you could keep spouting this virtuous martyr narrative.

4 Likes

I’m a bit torn about the automated silence. While I don’t like it in principle, it’s an efficient way to combat spammers. However, because it’s shown to be misused it can’t rely just on the number of reports as it does nowadays apparently, as seen when multiboxers are able to silence someone. It has to be a more intelligent algorithm that takes in account who and how often uses this feature and use it as a weighting scheme of some sort when making a decision.

2 Likes

have gms moderate chat channels again like they did in Vanilla. Theyd even join the conversation and talk to people causing problems and make fun of them.

7 Likes

Not going to happen. Too many people needed and blizz is only cutting costs on support nowadays. This is why we’re getting loot sharing as well, so that Blizz could save money on GMs.

5 Likes

They can afford it, activision just doesn’t like spending money to make quality games. Yes you are right in that they probably wont do it but if they were to do it, it would be the best way to combat spam

5 Likes