False reporting and automated ban

That’s odd the few times I’ve had to deal with this I’ve gotten an email with a link to the post in question.

Abusable yes. Crap sysyem? Arguable.
As far as GM review goes. Every time I’ve been flagged.
It’s been reviewed by a human GM.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter. They’re a business, not a hobby project or charity. You can see this not only with Blizzard but with companies cutting costs on support everywhere across the board. That’s the reality we’re living in unfortunately.

On the other hand, this brings sustainability to projects such as Classic WoW. It’s more likely to endure the years to come if the company doesn’t have to spend too much on the upkeep, because I don’t believe that Classic WoW will be popular enough to bring much revenue above covering its maintenance, especially after a while.

We’re talking about in-game chat, ,not forums

Yes you are right in that they probably wont do it but if they were to do it, it would be the best way to combat spam. I already stated I agree with you that they wont do what im saying because its Actiblizzard. You only read “They can afford it” Read the rest of my post.

2 Likes

I’ve read the whole thing, I specifically don’t like when people bring the argument about “they can afford it” in any shape or form. Blizzard can afford many things, but it doesn’t really matter for all us. That’s all.

1 Like

Like you just said though, they can, and its not like it would be a huge money sink into the game. They just dont want to because of greed. The fact that they can afford it is still relevant even if they choose not to do it.

4 Likes

Or you know the common sense business practices of ensuring the company stays profitable by using robust systems and eliminating waste anywhere you can.

You can tell when someone has no business experience or problem solving skills whatsoever when their solution to a problem in “throw more people at it”.

Let’s be real here. GM’s are basically glorified baby sitters.
So if your baby sitter can’t handle your one kid do they just hire a couple more baby sitters?
No. You dont. You may hire a different one but throwing away money on more than one baby sitter? Pure waste.

I mean heck we can’t expect adults playing a video game to act like adults…we definitely need more supervision. <<Sarcasm

3 Likes

Do you know the cost of 3 shifts of staffing for blizz’s customer support?
Yearly salary, medical insurance, cost of training, cost if living increases, and the rest of their benefit package times how many ever GM/CM.

It’s not a matter of them affording it. Add all of those up over 5 years.
Just to try and make adults act like adults.
It adds zero value to current developement projects or the game.

It’s a necessary cost but one that loses value over time. Rather quickly too I might add.
So paying more to get the same results only leads to a money sink with very little value added to the overall product.

That is why businesses don’t just “throw more people at problems because they can afford it”.

The rich don’t get rich by giving money away and companies don’t stay profitable by bleeding money into things that add very little value to their product or service.

3 Likes

The fact is people can control themselves and make it so less babysitting is required as well.
See how the problem goes right back to the end user in this?
Yea. They have a lot of control over this even being an issue.

Don’t be a thorn in the communities side. There will be no issues.
Don’t abuse the system.
There will be no issues.

The end users need to hold up their end of the CoC.

5 Likes

you dont say? i cant stand them myself.

1 Like

Lol
They are not Cheetos. They are cheesy poofs!

The end users need to hold up their end of the CoC.

Every time iv been flagged in game or on forums, iv never been suspended or been told by blizzard that iv went against the CoC or ToS. Blizzard always removes the flag and tells me to carry on. There are numerous people who abuse it though. Iv yet to be silenced. Iv also found in game, back when I did play that I rarely found someone that disliked me. Im always helpful to my team. If someone dislikes me its usually because I ganked them and they show they dislike me by abusing the report system or putting bountys on me.

Obviously it goes back to the users. Its a video game and some of them are children. Children tend to spam. Some adults even get very salty and threaten people and iv been threatened once or twice but nothing happened so I just take it as salty comments and continue playing.

2 Likes

i for one dont trust the player base to “police” themselves. given the current state of politics and identity politics and social “justice” , i dont think its a good idea to put it in the hands of the player base to mete out punishment.

and yes an auto squelch is punishment.

15 Likes

They don’t have WoW GMs anymore.

I asked a gm once and they said they only use blanket blizzard GMs now for all their games.

So the quality of GMs in wow has tanked and sometimes you don’t even get to talk to someone who understands WoW.

Why do you think the majority of GMs now just tell you to wowhead it instead of actually solving the issue or achknowledging the problem you bring up. Its because the GM you were talking to has no idea how the game works.

5 Likes

The gms even use to have RP entrances and exits. They no longer do that. At least not the ones iv talked to.

6 Likes

Sounds like it happens to a lot to you.
Just for being an upstanding member of the community that minds their own piece. Playing the game.
Flags flying everywhere. Just minding your own, not trying to stir anything up. Ever…

Sorry my goblin fibdetectorrefractioncondensor unit keeps beeping.
Let me turn this dial to madeupthingstosupportmyviewandclaimcompleteinnocence setting.
There it stopped beeping.

Well I’d say logically all you can do is fight through it or change your name in the current wow situation.

Since it can’t possibly be anything you’ve done.
Name change, avoid ganking or you could just toy with them instead of roflstomp pwn ganking them with your leetness.

Let em think they almost had you. That way they don’t feel they were “ganked”.
They feel like they had a chance in honorable combat.

They might not be so quick to report for being ganked.
They may actually come back for more.

Perception is everything. Though we can’t control it we can influence it to a degree.

3 Likes

I was kind of with you until that point. Ganking is not a reportable offense. It sucks, yeah. But, it is a part of the game, part of the danger of wandering the roads. People shouldn’t have to stop playing the game because someone got upset they died. Also, ‘almost letting them win’? Odds are, if they’re petty enough to report a ganker they’ll report someone who does that, or who wins fairly.

1 Like

Youd be surprised what happens when you destroy someone in PvP or in a debate. They cant beat you with words or their character so they try to silence you or get you suspended.
Iv been flagged three times for trolling within 24 hours even though everything iv said is obviously not trolling. Why is that? cause people cant beat the fact. FACT, guild banks were not in Vanilla thus has no place in Classic. Saying that apparently tilts players enough that they flag your post.

Why would I change my name? no reason other than you dont want me around anymore. Obviously because I refuted everything you said so you dont want me sticking around to refute everything else that leaves your mouth.

There is multiple types of ganking and the one you are explaining is the toying method which can work but when you toy with them and let your hp fall a little, you have less of a chance in winning the 1v2 that’s around the corner and you dont want to do that especially against a druid or hunter because your odds of being camped are raised. Id rather not get camped. Id rather kill them and stealth and wait for them to come back which they do most of the time. If the take rez sickness that is on them.

You also think ganking is a reportable offense which it isn’t on a PvP realm. That’s why people report me for ganking to begin with because they forget rules on PvP realms. Youll probably deny that though.

15 Likes

I don’t believe Ganking is a reportable offense period. I believe the rule is when you flag yourself for PvP, (or warmode if you’re talking modern day) you are opening yourself to PvP and thus ganking, PvP realm or not. People complained on retail that they were getting ganked in Lakeshire by horde and I think it was Ythisens that said “Turn off Warmode” lol

3 Likes

I’m not saying ganking is. Nor should it ever be.
Her possible reasoning for being flagged so much in game was

She is saying she may be getting flagged for ganking.
I’m just saying if that’s the reason maybe appeal to the other player’s perspective by making it not so “ganky”.
That way that may not reach for that report button.

I’m all for wpvp, gankage, fightin. Whatever you want to call it. As long as its against other players. It’s on.

Not my reasoning. Nor am I the one complaining because of allegedly being flagged for ganking.
The truth is they don’t know why they were flagged.
It’s an assumption that it may have been due to ganking.

As you can see.
They are an upstanding member of the community. Who only minds their own business and is universally loved by almost all they come into contact with.
Because they said so.
Thats proof enough for at least the high court of classic discussion.

Yes. You read it correctly. Make it seem like a fight not a one sided gank fest.
It may change their view and not report if it’s not a one sided fight.

You walk up to johnnynoobface while he has 10 mobs on him and he’s at 1/2 health his view is most likely “wow what a complete piece of excrement”.

Now if johnny feels it was a fair fight and had an actual chance against an honorable opponent he may walk away with a different view and some respect for his opponent. As opposed to thinking their a piece of excrement.

Perception is everything. There are 4 sides to every story.
Your side.
My side.
Those who witnessed said story from a 3rd person perspective.
And last but not least: What really happened

Big difference between a gank and an honorable “fair” fight. Especially when you’re on the losing end.