Experiences: Guradian MT scaling broken (Updated)

Orb and Eye spawn spots are fully RNG from my experience, and 100% not okay

2 Likes

well the boomkin method def works but my issue is getting used to it. lol I keep getting blown off but in time I’ll get it. Apparently the old azshara’s font is still useful for that initial burst.

Yeah, the problem is though, this is supposed to be a challenge for guardian, not boomkin. So making it entirely a dps check is kinda…asinine, yanno?

Yea im trying to do it as 100% bear.

Same, and it’s way to hypertuned.

Feels like trying to speed run Super Mario World with the shell glitch frame perfect technique.

I’ve no idea who thought this would be a good idea.

Yeah that’s true. Well too and thrash and all that (I’m boomkin afin) doesn’t reach on the outside of the circle and it used to from my understanding. I can do it as bear but issue comes in I have too many infernals in the last bit so I gotta work on cutting em down.

If you stand like 1 step inside thr circle you dont get the debuff and trash can reach. This only works with balance affinity.

Oh yeah I never did check the HP differences let me do that rq.

So…I just had an appiphany…

There is a nethershard vendor just outside MT that sells Dauntless gear tokens, which were current when MT was originally released…those tokens can upgrade to ilvl 60 items, and do so pretty frequently…

What this means is Bliz messed up the ilvl squish and lowered it more than it should have been hahahahaha

1 Like

o_o holy cow you’re right.

Small Indie Company™ strikes again and can’t do basic checks!

Ok went over all the scaling health values and etc on the fight between the 54 and the 60:

zannie druid level 54 ilevel 111 (some old bfa gear is on her)
health Bear = 11,496
Health Boomkin = 7,546
Kruul health = 68,119
Inquisitor Variss health = 50, 844
Moonfire usually 1 shots eyes and the adds are easily killable. Can survive most hits from Kruul if I’m doing CD management right.
Gets to Kruul gets Kruul to 24% on average (starts at 33%). I have to get better at CD management and orb usage that’s the only thing killing me at that point.

High mountain tauren level 60 at ilevel 218 (mostly korthia gear and some m+ gear):
Health Bear = 11,244
Health boomkin = 7,385
Kruul health = 68119
Inquisitor health = 50844
gets Inquisitor to 75% before dyeing miserably. Eyeballs on average take 3 moonfires to kill. Has to use orb on every add pack because the incap roar interrupt isn’t enough. They stay alive long enough to get a second cast off.

Just my experience with the scaling and attempts thus far. I can easily heal myself on the zannie lot easier than the high mountain and adds become trivial due to the low level scaling to level ratio just nuking adds.

1 Like

Also, for proof of the broken legion gear that was current on mt first release

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/879160941600702574/918169473901547550/unknown.png

It’s a public forum and I’ll pretty much say whatever I want, but thanks for your concern! :slight_smile:

It’s not just the tank challenge that’s s wonky. Ive made a ton of progress on Sigryn, but I can’t burn her down before I’m overwhelmed by overlapping boss abilities. I’ve read that people are getting to phase 2 of Kruul, but they die there, I assume to dmg they can’t heal through.

All good! Thanks for sharing!

Hey np… I’m working on getting some pots of unbridled fury too (bleh nazjatar). I’ve heard from quite a few people that the potion when you get the lust point can just eat away at the boss so gonna test it later. =)

I’ll add my two cents.

Speaking from having experienced the Guardian MT back in legion. 7.3 release. I completed it on a couple of Bears. One at ilvl 920 with luffa’s, one at 908 with luffa’s and shoulders, and one at 901 with the GG build using cloak and shoulders.

At the time I found them challenging. Heck I’ll admit I must’ve run 100+ times on my first attempt. It was infuriating to not finish, and a thrill when I did the first time.

Difference is between now and then - I was learning Bear for the skin. I know the class now.

In comparison to now, I’d have to say I’m 80ish runs in. 25 of them to Krull and my best % attempt is 11%.

I’m dying to annihilate. The way I think I’m going to make it through is if all the stars align. If I can:

• Keep 3 orbs to start Krull and lock out the annihilate.
  • Make sure the 4-5 infernals aren’t phased out during the orb, otherwise they’re immune to the stunlock, they can phase in and knock you while you’re trying to thrash down the netherhorrors.
  • Have the kiting at a distance where you’re not punted, and close enough yet far enough from Krull to not be borked with the green puddles of death while timing your interrupts on the insta heal.
  • Time all the CD’s to match up to - Soak/ IF / Survival/ Survival + Barkskin, and not get hit with the 5th. (This is the easiest and one that’s spot on everytime - that’s just playing the game)

I’ve tried with my Bear 224 SL gear, Bear partial TW gear from build guides, and with a bear I left stagnant at BFA (level 50) at ilvl 88. Walking into the MT is little to no difference. If anything the bear I left in BFA did better than the ones in Partial TW or SL gear.

Gear is relatively unimportant. The trinkets made the biggest difference.

• Warped fates is unreliable. Sometimes you despawn the enemies, sometimes you don’t. It’s hit or miss to use that.
  • Cheat death trinket from NH seems to be the best bet.
  • Scale is pretty good, I use it for a clear of the netherhorrors every 3rd set. Works pretty well to save an orb.

In my opinion the scaling is a tad overtuned. Given this is supposed to be challenging but completable. Every run guide I’ve found - is using stun locks strategy - and it seems like they’re getting lucky with the timing of everything (i.e. infernal phasing and orb dropping). I’m all for challenging content, I’d just like it to be tough but fair. If it’s on me great, if it’s just trying to luck out on a run, I don’t find that particularly enjoyable.

• If we had about 15% less HP on the bosses, not even the mobs, Bears would be clearing it in greater numbers.

• If we had an 2-3% flat dmg increase, we’d be able to stack enough DoT’s to make it happen.

• If I could convoke or use a leggo…well let’s not get into the whole borrowed power thing. I’ll keep it to baseline and what we got.

On a survey of about 14 Bear’s (Varied Experience in SL now from recently back to CE raiding to +20 key’s) I know who’ve done the MT in Legion, they’re all feeling the same way about the tuning. 1 Has completed it, and his advice was that he got lucky with the placement of the Infernals and the stun locks.

I hope to complete it, and I’ll keep at it, just want to share my observations so far from the MT.

Regards,

1 Like

Hey, thanks for sharing! I’ve had roughly the same experience.

This is exactly what I’m on about.

I can agree with the points listed. Small buff to our dmg and or a % drop on the boss.

I too will give it another go this morning. Everyone I talked to that completed it says they got lucky too.

2 Likes

Getting lucky as a reason they did it shows it’s horribly out of whack