Experiences: Guradian MT scaling broken (Updated)

The health on the mobs is lower than what it is in the Live version from what I was seeing in his vid compared to what I was getting.

Also: again, this was supposed to be a bear druid challenge, yanno, a tanking challenge, why, pray tell, is he having to be in boomkin mode more than bear mode to deal with it?

You’re done, bye. IQ of a damn rabbit. Cant read a full post, trained in on one sentence and breaking it out of context lol.

You seem not to get the fact that your previous experiences with the Mage Tower IN LEGION do not matter. Not even a bit.

This is a scaled timewalking event, and the scaling is off by miles.

By how much % does it need to be nerfed? You have a number in mind?

Since it was challenging but tolerable in the ptr then they shadow tuned everything by basically doubling it, likely need to halve stuff back to what it was in the ptr just as a baseline

1 Like

I agree, and I guess you probably could do it without boomkin, but it would be even harder.

As the fight sits, completing it only shows mastery of mechanics and RNG, not so much your class/spec itself.

I still don’t get why they did that. A ptr is for testing / tuning. Why test / tune something then release something else entirely without testing the new tuning?

1 Like

Because most of the bliz devs are hard on the M+ train and also have an adversorial relation with the general (see casual) player base for some unknown reason

1 Like

I do p1 all bear form moon fire spamming. I have like 3 internals going into p2 though… so gotta clean that up. This discussion has given me some great ideas

1 Like

yeah, it’s just funny tho. Changes without a re-run on the PTR.

Most people who do M+ I know are “casual” players. They don’t stand a chance.

I mean the population at the Mage Tower speaks for itself. It was full of loads of people, no I can count on my hands how many people are still here attempting it.

1 Like

The biggest problem is they advertised this as the ‘main event’ for legion time walking, which, in my experience, should indicate it being something the majority of players should be able to do without grinding their teeth/worrying about BIS/hyper optimized meta consumables, gems, enchants/etc and this is def not that

bear run currently requires better than perfect play to be doable and that’s just…that’s not okay.

I’m not bad at bear tanking by any means, I ran guildies through 4 of our 5 quest time walking runs back to back with 1 death because the rando dps pulled instead of letting me the tank pull, and that was cause he pulled at the start of Neth and stood in the goop after it.

But this…this is just…too much

2 Likes

you know someone in one of these threads already did this as guardian so it can’t be too broken

Have you given the guardian one a try? One or two beating it out of thousands is a little lacking, especially for old rehashed timewalking content.

It’s really not.

As stated in my previous reply, it’s doable but extremely brutal. Also, it is off to what it was advertised to be. “Broken” Is a bit of stretch, but the scaling is off by miles. testing with various levels and different gear sets.

Also, videos were already posted. Take time to catch up on the thread if you would like to be constructive :smiley:

‘Some one did a thing so it’s not broken’

Ah, yes, because less that a tenth of a percent of people trying it right now as bear druid is ‘perfectly balanced’

It was brutal in legion. People spent weeks trying to do it - good players.

1 Like

I’m trying to target the same boss HP as in the video, he was down to 56% at after wave 2 of adds.

But notice how everything is spawning in a nice convenient location for the first 2 waves. Sometimes you get really bad spawns.

I got down to 38%, i’m using regular shadowland gear with a mix of stats.

Lmao another one of these guys, gtfo with your bulldooky.

I’ll refer to previous statements:

Your past experiences with Mage Tower in Legion at the time, are irrelevant and do not hold any ground here in this TIME WALKING event. The only thing relevant is knowledge of the fight mechanics.

Yet another pleb that prolly hasn’t even attempted it, coming on here talking out their rear end…

OK now that I’m on the computer and not on my phone I can see stuff better. Was still semi waking up (still am haven’t had breakfast / morning energy drink) so I’ll fully look at all the vids now in detail. Also have my glasses… I can see health bar numbers now lol.

I’ll go on my 2 druids later and see what the health diff is between 54 and 60. Essentially log in and que for it go in screenshot the health values then post the health values here. Screenshot for personal reference, I can’t post pictures here =/

Another fine example of devs making stuff for a small % of their subscribers.
Out of touch.

Details about the spawns in the video:

first 3 orbs spawn behind Velen.
First 2 infernal spawn on the opposite side of Varis
First few eyes spawn behind Varis near the edge.

These spawn will definitly help with your positioning and keeping dps up on Varis and managing the adds better.

Unlucky spawns are eyes and infernal on top of you.
Orbs all around Velen. (makes picking orb to CC adds dangerous for Velen)

Edit: got him to 29% now because I just got almost exactly these spawns :smiley: (until I got punted off… derp)