Even out the customization for everyone

Some races are ridiculously in favor here.

Everyone needs evened out options across the board. This includes the allied races.

• All races and genders need tattoos and/or war paint for face and body and then color options for both. Orcs get literally all of the above. Other races are getting none of these at all. Humans need tattoos, worgen need tattoos, goblins need tattoos, even undead could have creepy tattoos on their fleshy bits - everyone should at the very least get tattoos, if their race is not the war paint type. Many Horde races are getting war paint. Where are the tattoos for the other races? This also goes for allied races - Kul’Tirans deserve tattoos, too, for instance.
  • All races and genders deserve piercings. Ear piercings, nose piercings, all the piercings.
  • All races and genders deserve necklaces. Not just males and females of certain Horde races and females of certain Alliance races. Everyone, male and female.
  • All races and genders deserve scars separated from face and skin color and mirrored scar options to have them on whatever side you want.
  • Draenei desperately need eye color options. At least they could use a purplish color and various shades of green, namely blue-greens (for those of you who are concerned it might look like fel - it does NOT have to look like fel). Draenei are the only core race with no eye color options.
  • Male draenei really need some more hair options that actually have horns, like the lightforged get and like the female draenei now have.
  • All races and genders deserve more and better hair colors like nice blacks etc. The new brown hair for humans is a massive win, thank you so much, Blizzard.
  • All beast races deserve a solid black fur and a solid white fur without any patterns or differently-colored bits like white hands/feet or differently-colored faces. Male worgen need this desperately: a full-bodied black, much like the white they’re receiving, without any differently-colored hands and feet. Case in point: tauren have always had a nice black; other beast races - such as worgen and vulpera - do not.
  • Everyone deserves new face options and new and improved hair options. Humans, male and female, really need new and better hair - long, pretty hair like the female kul’tirans have, and some nice, short, spiky hair for male humans, just as a few examples.
  • All males for every race deserve a good facial hair stubble like male orcs have always had. Male humans need this desperately.
  • All races and genders need separate eyebrow options. I know many elves would love to see this.
  • All races and genders need more eye color options. If undead can have shockingly magenta eyes, green eyes, blue eyes, yellow eyes - let more Alliance races have eye colors other than just… blue and white.
  • All of the assorted hunched males of various races deserve posture options like male orcs have. This would include but not be limited to male worgen, who need this desperately; male undead, and - if you want to get really crazy; I’d love to see it - male tauren.
  • All of the beast races deserve tail options. Male pandaren should get a tail option if female pandaren get one. Worgen should get a tail option. Male draenei could use more tail options like the female draenei get.
  • All monster races deserve teeth options, some with piercings, different styles of tusks/teeth. Piercings would include the various tusked races. Teeth options would include male worgen, who could use an option for no big teeth poking out at all and anatomically correct wolf teeth, with the lower canines in front and the uppers behind.
  • More druid form options should be added with the new barber shop feature, such as allowing worgen to tank and DPS in their worgen forms.

As it is right now, the customization options are scattered everywhere and many races are favored high over others. This needs to be evened out so that everyone gets some of everything, especially in terms of the tattoos, scars, etc. It’s so blatantly Horde-favored it’s frankly amazing. I know I’ll get heckled for that, but just run the numbers for orcs and tauren compared to everyone else. It’s true.

And just for some more comparison, goblins, too:
GOBLIN MALE:
-10 customization options
-107 total choices available

Because goblins and worgen are our two eternally shafted Cataclysm races.

70 Likes

This is so sad.

Let’s give Blood elves another eye color that will make people explode.

Because ofc they will

8 Likes

Worgen have… well, newer fur colors and eye colors.

2 Likes

I love that your only takeaway is thinking I’m asking for more blood elf eye colors when I literally didn’t even mention that. :rofl:

I want to see even options across the board. Yes, I want you, an undead, to have tattoo options if you want them. I want everyone to have that option and all the other new categories we’re seeing. Wild and crazy, I know.

4 Likes

No… i’m just poking fun at the community.

same

6 Likes

I think they’ve said in recent interviews that customizations are always an ongoing project. It doesn’t end with 9.0. Probably not every request will be answered, but they will keep adding more things over time.

4 Likes

Why can’t we just be thankful they’re even releasing new customizations at all? I guarantee you they’re going to be adding more stuff. Chill out.

3 Likes

Blood Elf males still only have 3 new hair styles and 3 new beard options that are not shared with counterparts. Though arguably 1 of the beards is just the void elf option which makes it a total of 5 new options. Very sad. While I agree across the board everyone should have everything listed above depending on the race they are, I want to see new things too.

9 Likes

It is really weird how certain races (mostly Horde races, let’s face it) are getting so MUCH more new stuff compared to others.

They definitely need to even it out more. EVERYONE should get tattoos/warpaint and scars. Everyone.

Also how about some normal hair colors for Void Elves and maybe some High Elf warpaint (ala Alleria Windrunner), to go with the new skin colors? Since we’re clearly never gonna get High Elves (since Blizzard is weirdly spiteful about that), at least give us those few things.

6 Likes

Give me hunched Gnomes!

2 Likes

Weeelllll… I really want more customization for Alliance races, but that statement is not true, tbh. Dwarves and nelves are getting tattoos and war paint. Humans got a TON of new stuff, different ethnicities, new face shapes, tons of new jewelry and hair options, colors, etc. Draenei are getting lots of body options, hair and jewelry choices, and even one of our ARs are getting new options.

Worgen only have 5 different customization drop-downs, where humans have, like 9 lol. To buff that 5 worgen options to 9, we could see:

• Jewelry
  • Snout
  • Tail
  • Hunched back

Night elf women have 16, I just counted. Lol!

3 Likes

Especially if it’s just for female Blood Elves, because why should male Blood Elves get anything. It’s not like there are any male Blood Elves, right?

Now on a more serious note, the fact that the beta separated human facial hair options into mustache, sideburns, and beard is a nice update, and they also received new options for eyebrows. Lots of new facial hair looks will be possible for humans in Shadowlands.

I still would like to see scar options separated from face, skin color, and gender combos, though. It would be great if male humans could have some prominent scar options and if scars could be used with any skin color instead of being locked to certain ones. Black eyes and eye shape options like shown at Blizzcon 2019 would be nice as well.

Regardless, the beta adding new human options brings me some hope that more races will be brought up to the levels of customization that Night Elves, Tauren, and Orcs are getting. In my opinion, at least.

2 Likes

I really don’t care about the snout, but–

You’re talking about things that are very specific. Everything you just listed there is only for a tiny handful of Alliance races and are generally only for females.

As for the dwarves and nelves - nelves are getting the tattoos nad that’s great. I wish everyone was getting those. I’d be happy with that. But also in the case of dwarves, dwarves get 1 tattoo body option, not a separate face and body option with separate color options, like the orcs and tauren get.

Male humans get “a TON” of new stuff? I haven’t seen it. I’ve seen a few things, but I’ve seen a lot more things on Horde that perfectly even it out (and, often, overtake it). :woman_shrugging: I’d love to see them get more new hair options, for instance; I’d like a nice short, spiked hair. I’d like a nice stubble option. Humans need a nice brown hair; that wasn’t in the new options.

On the Alliance, the majority of the variety and new options are going to females only, especially insofar as the piercings, necklaces, and other jewelry is concerned. Female draenei are getting more new tail options than male draenei; female pandas get a tail option, males don’t get one at all. On the Horde, the male and female tauren and orcs both get various piercings and necklaces. On the Alliance, no male gets necklaces.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t care. I want everyone to have options. But just run the numbers; it is in favor.

Although why there is this bias against males on the Alliance getting these options is beyond me… which is why I mentioned that all races and genders need all of these things.

Listing straight off the beta test client:

• Face (12 options)
  • Skin Color (16 options)
  • Hair Style (26 options)
  • Hair Color (13 options)
  • Beard (8 options)
  • Mustache (7 options)
  • Eye Color (24 options)
  • Sideburns (3 options)
  • Eyebrows (12 options)
  • Face Shape (3 options)

Worgen have just Face, Fur Color, Hair Style, Facial Hair, Eye Color, and Ears.

I’m not sure about that. I don’t feel like going through and counting each one, I’m sure they’re up on Wowhead if you don’t have beta if you’d like to count.

I did count. It’s in my first post. shrug A lot of those options are just separated out options.

If you think I’m trying to argue something about the worgen not needing more options, I’m certainly not; I’m confused as to why you’d bring up worgen there.

I just want to see options evened out across the board. Humans and worgen should both get tattoo options, for instance. I’d like to see more actual new options for everyone, too, like black fur for worgen and brown hair for humans. I’d love for my worgen (male) to get a necklace, too.

Same goes for allied races. I wish my kul’tiran could have tattoos.

1 Like

Big agreement with all of this! I hope the races will be evened out soon but I have low hopes for some races like the Worgens and Goblins. They all deserve to have lots of choices of colors, faces, hair, tats, posture, and accessories :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ll say this again for the wishlist for the races.

Humans: Asian Hairstyles, Wizard Hairstyles and Beards, Vrykul looking Beards, Skin Tunes, Scars, Hairstyles, and Tattoos, Varian’s Hair, Jaina’s Hair, Turaylon’s Hair, Hair Colors that is Pure like Red, Blue, Light Blonde, Tan Brown, Green, Purple, and Pink. Also Half Elf Options and Kul’tiran Beards, and Hairstyles too.

Dwarves: Female Dwarf Beards, Warcraft 3 Reforged Options for Dwarf Males, Very Short Facial Hair for the Dwarf Males like the Hobbit, Scars, Frostborn Frost Dwarves, and Smooth Faces.

Night Elves: Pure Black Skin that isn’t Purple or Blue, Brown Skin Tunes, Warcraft 3 Hairstyle Options of the Wardens for Females like Maiev’s, Bear of the Claw Beard, Moose Horns, and etc.

Gnomes: Fullmetal Arm that is One Arm Option and Leg or Two Variety, Scars, and Tattoos from that Gnome Rogue in the Dark Riders Comic.

Worgen: Human Wolf Ears, Cat People Options, and etc.

Draenei: Red Eredar Burning Legion Options, Broken Draenei, Yrel Options, Velen, Akama, and etc like the Lightforged Beard Options.

Orcs: Dragonmaw Clan, Mok’thanal Orcs, Fel Orcs, Grom’s Hair, Thrall’s Features, and etc.

Undead: Lich Skeleton Options, Full on Necromancer Beards or Beards for Males, Nathanos like Undead, Rotten Ugly Scary Faces for both males, and females, and Bonely Spikes on the Back for Males like Liches.

Tauren: Taunka Tribe, Yaungol Tribe, Grimtotem Tribe, and Warcraft 3 Features.

Trolls: Add the Beards on the Trolls, Forest Trolls, Ice Trolls, Bulk Trolls, and etc.

Blood Elves: Dark Rangers but also San’layn because of Vampire Elves, and also Warcraft 3 Features.

Goblins: Sea Goblins, and Fat Goblins like Gallywix.

Void Elves: War Paint Tattoos, Hair Colors that is different like Brown, Blonde, Pure Red, Black, White, Ginger Orange, and Silver, Beard Options, Hairstyles, Void Options, and of course Orginial Void Skin Tunes that isn’t Blue like Pure Black, Pink Void, Brown, and Gray.

Nightborne: Beards for the Males, and the Nightfallen Options, and etc.

That’s it.

6 Likes

Humas have the most options imo, they had different faces. That makes a lot of difference

Draenei and Night elf men are lacking in player pick rate than blood elf men.

Hot take i know…

I got all i wanted from Human male customization.

I wanna be less muscly and hairy… but that was in a ideal world

I am incredibly grateful for more eyebrow options though…

Orcs hardly got anything.

Tauren are getting some nice things… but honestly they need more considering how little they have right now. Same with Gnomes i want them to be favored.

2 Likes

I would kill for body hair options for male humans, kul’tirans, and other humanoid races.

Because I want to be hairier.

3 Likes