Even out the customization for everyone

Mecha-Gnomes should be able to swap out limbs individually. Not by metal, but by model. Make one hand the pincher, and the other the fully mechanical with digits. also throw in regular fleshy Gnome appendages too, because according to the lore, the more a Mecha-Gnome Advances in society or whatever, the more they swap out the mushy bits for solid metal replacements. Would be perfect for the one guy, who wants to play a Gnome, with just a mechanical arm or missing leg or something.

2 Likes

cries in Nightborne

13 Likes

Why they don’t just do like most other MMOs and have some sort of color wheel or color block with like 30+ colors in it is beyond me. And just make it across the board. If a worgen wants pink hair, ffs let them.

We are. And in the livestream the other day they specifically said the artists are looking for more suggestions, so folks are providing them.

9 Likes

I had no idea, that’s my mistake! I haven’t seen that livestream.
I’m glad they’re actually hearing folks out! I initially thought they were just pumping them out without really paying attention to anything.

Just so you know I’m not pulling it from my rear, https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/9269-Shadowlands-Developer-Update-Livestream-July-8th

The character artists are listening to feedback and wish lists for further customization.

1 Like

More races need new faces.

6 Likes

But from the forums or Twitter? Because it seems Blizzard have more a presence on Twitter than their own forums.

Envious sigh in Nightborne.

1 Like

I didn’t think you were! But the proof is just as exciting. Maybe, just maybe, we’ll get tails!
Probably not, would require a whole reworking of the models. Definitely a good sign they’re listening to feedback for a change. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m always in favor of more customization for everyone! :heart:

7 Likes

All I can hear is:

Homogenization across the board! No unique race options. No, all races must be the same!

heh heh
another shade of blue

1 Like

I dunno. Depends how active the CMs are here, since they’re the ones that take the feedback to the devs from us.

I just like to source myself since it’s really easy for people in the internet to just claim things with no proof lol. Definitely though, after 15 years its about time this happened, everything’s looking really good so far too. Already had to change my zandalari druid back to night elf in anticipation. :pray:

1 Like

Orcs get tattoos and war paint separately, correct. Face paint and body paint styles are not separate on orcs, they are separate on tauren though, and trolls as well I believe. Tattoos only come in one color, war paints come in four colors. Tattoos for body/face are not separate on orcs, or any race I believe, since I think only orcs are getting them. Orcs do not get all of the above, but they are easily getting some of, if not the best, options in that department.

Agreed with everything else. Some things, like solid black fur for fur races, seem so basic, it’s kind of amazing to me they aren’t already there. I really hope to see races like pandaren and goblins getting some love soon, to the level races like orcs and night elves have been getting.

There’s some artwork of straight back tauren, it looks great.

2 Likes

Female night elves should get tattoos too! Don’t know why they are making them just for males…

1 Like

I was referencing the “male Blood Elves don’t exist” meme and the fact that the majority of new Blood Elf customization options so far have been for the female models. Blood Elves should get scar options and those eye runes from the Burning Crusade box art as options.

If Night Elves can get their leaves and Orcs can get their piercings and tusk rings, then Blood Elves should get their eye runes.

Every race should get scar options that are separate from faces and skin colors.

2 Likes

This probably should be among the top priority.

Night Elf males only have 01 ‘young’ face that looks good. The others either are too angry/constipated or too wrinkled.

Same for troll females.

Blood Elf female have 3 faces that use lipstick and eyeshadow. I’d love if they were wiped clean and instead these options could be makeup and applicable to any face.

6 Likes

Same applies to male humans, honestly.

Something that would improve male humans vastly would be a stubble, like the male orcs have always had, too. Then we could cover up a little more of the ugly faces, hah.

1 Like

At least they got a bit more handsome faces with the new ones.

My biggest problem with human males is how buff they are. Makes really awkward to make a mage with those trapeze muscles. :joy:

Too wishful thinking at this point to imagine that they would add a secondary body type for the races out there.

1 Like

Give an inch, take a mile.