Embers of Fyr'alath Empowered - February 20

Many aspects of Dragonflight have reflected a shift in philosophy towards designs that allow us to enjoy reaching a point where we feel “done” with a character’s power progression. Legendaries returned as an exception to this. Legendaries are intended to be a special reward that some players would aspire to obtain over the course of a season, demonstrating a display of excellence in the most challenging content.

As Season 3 has unfolded, we’ve increasingly heard feedback from frustrated players who have been clearing Amirdrassil weekly on Heroic difficulty with no Fyr’alath in sight, and we want to give those players a surer path to achieving their goal.

Earlier today, with a hotfix that is now live, we significantly increased the effect of all Embers of Fyr’alath for players who receive them. This increase is retroactive and applies to all players whether or not you’ve consumed any Embers you may have.

As always, thank you for your feedback!

50 Likes

Nice! Keep the communications coming!

8 Likes

#PullTheRipcord

21 Likes

3 months too late.

70 Likes

Nice of you to do this late on tuesday after most people on NA have presumably done their fyrakk kills.

55 Likes

Yea feels bad when you have 14 kills on a boss haven’t got the leggo yet and someone gets it on their 4th kill. How about you actually make the bad luck protection work better cause I doubt anything was actually changed about it.

30 Likes

Know of ten people so far today that have gotten an axe. Seems like a solid hotfix.

6 Likes

Cause lets face it blizzard has become about the 1% instead of the whole player base

6 Likes

Still didn’t get it tonight.

How about explaining, in detail, how your BLP works?

25 Likes

That’s pretty good!
Hopefully this pretty much guarantee people will get it if they’ve been farming it from the start.

2 Likes

nope it doesnt

1 Like

Thanks Kaivax.

I know it’s probably not your wheelhouse, but if only a certain Dev had communicated with us over the last 36 months and done something about a certain item from a recent holiday event… lol.

Do appreciate some shift towards getting the axe though.
:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Too little, too late for too many at this point. You folks have demonstrated you don’t really learn from previous mistakes. This shouldn’t have been an issue after the Evoker legendary drop rate issues. What’s worse is how many specs are tuned around this one compared to the Evoker one. This hotfix have gone out before the servers came up btw, you know, before people did the kills for the week.

26 Likes

BRB rerolling ret and/or blood dk??

Mhmm. Mhmm. But what’s all the %'s? Your lack of transparency remains intact.

31 Likes

100% this.

13 Likes

It’s even more foolish that you thought this would turn out any different than it has. Blizzard has a track record of always attempting to do the right thing way later than they should’ve. Everyone knows this.

6 Likes

How earlier today? I already did my raids this week and I’m at 25 lessers and on the 13th greater for heroic. My guild no longer does heroic clearing (using the skip), so it’s on me. Our holy pally, prot warrior, and healer priest (on their alt DK), all got the axe, but the other ret did. Yet I’m running it way more often. I even have the mats.

I really hope this thing gets the fated treatment like the Sylvanas bow did.

12 Likes

Well I already killed him this week. So try again next week?

6 Likes

Like a lot of other people, too little too late. I cleared Heroic within 3 hours of servers open as I have since Fyraleth first dropped, 28 BLP down, and still no Legendary. I am a detriment to my Mythic raiding group missing the 10% damage this legendary gives my class.

10 Likes