Does even a single person at blizz pvp now?

Please do.

:popcorn:

That has nothing to do with what we are dealing with now.

Just because ONE thing is bad, doesn’t mean another thing can’t ALSO be bad. Dampening play was horrible for arena. That doesn’t mean you have to swing the complete other direction. You can still have high damage in arena without it being so RNG heavy. That’s all most of us want. You do this by focusing on sustained rather then front loading so much damage on single button abilities.

2 Likes

Right, it was a step in the right direction as far as separating the gear but making PVErs do PVP for PVE progression is just brilliantly stupid. I mean, again the fix could not be more simpiler.

1: Don’t hide PVP gear behind ratings. You PVP, any kind, you can upgrade getting enough conquest to do so.
2: Balance classes as they are broken beyond belief.

Boom… PVP fixed.

2 Likes

But how will they coddle the booster community then? They seem to be incrementally more valuable in the late game than the “normie” players, right? Isn’t that how Tokens work?

Players did both in vanilla, tbc, wrath, cata, bfa and sl. Crossover is fine and has always existed. Items like Stormherald, Shadowmourne, 4/4, Drest or Geti that are
Iridiculously bis are not.

That is exactly what BM and Fury do. Read posts about either spec. Many don’t want them to be viable.

During wrath half of players did bgs for entertainment. Didn’t they have a PvP director back then? They haven’t for 3 expansions now, and everything is designed by and for raid loggers.

« This system sucks but it shouldnt change because its always existed »

3 Likes

Reminds me of classic, when #nochanges meant that bugs newly introduced in the classic implementation should never be fixed, because there were bugs in vanilla, so bugs are in the spirit of vanilla.

1 Like

A thread? The other is news.

I’ll wait for the remaining 11. A dozen, instead of dozens, will suffice.

Edit: Post 4 has 21 positive responses to the OP’s 9. I almost liked the OP for the obvious troll.

I guess we are ignoring the feedback from all the players that are going back to classic, tbc and wrath…

It has a comment section. Read.

Players going to play classic and bc classic because PvP sucks and there’s nothing else to do isn’t “feedback”.

And I don’t see players going back to wrath. There is no classic wrath. Farming invincible doesn’t count. Is this some private server you are playing on?

3 Likes

I read a lot from Shredow, tried to see if there was any other interesting takes in personal history – not really, mostly lore with last activity in February. Hopefully they’re still active in the game and just swapped forum accounts. But the game might actually be worse now too, so who knows…

A big thing in that thread is “Bonus rolls still exist, but are stapled onto the Great Vault system”. You win though – a lot of people hated getting Azerite for bonus rolls. I forgot how bad that was… And instead of fix that, they swing the pendulum as hard as they could to remove them entirely… Kind of to @Adroi’s point:

1 Like

“retail pvp sucks boys. Rating locks, pve gear, class imbalance, ilvl differences, etc suck.”

“Imma go play tbc, pve for stormherald and dst, get farmed by sl/ sl lock and mace stun rogues, and afk bot classic so I can have max honor stored for tbc.”

1 Like

It does suck how much it takes to get the transmog but it’s also just a recolor of the set you already have from story so I’m always confused why people care so much. Is it just a completionist thing?

I think so. I started collecting mounts awhile back and it does give you a little kick of dopamine in that monkey brain. Too bad they are making it harder and harder to do though. Which is unfortunate. :frowning:

1 Like

If you stop making PVP gear only obtainable by rating (after the initial low 197 gear) and put it back to the way it was, the boosting problem will go away. People are only boosting because that is how they can get the best PVP gear. The vast majority of PVPers just want to run BGs and arenas, random. I am one of them.

People wanted PVP gear back. 220ilvl rogue with 30% Vers, 45% Mastery attacks a 20k HP hunter with 5% Vers. What do you think is going to happen?

1 Like

I don’t think gear by rating is a problem.

I think the core problem is how you are always fighting people who have that gear way below the rating you need to achieve to get it.

Seeing rival geared players at 1k to 1.6k MMR is really depressing. I don’t know how they would fix this with the system how it currently is, though. But I would actually really like gear as a reward for rating if the people I was fighting below rival were consistently the same item level as me.

That isn’t the problem… The problem is, the vast majority of people who PVP do so for fun, not for rating. So, those of us who just like to join in and PVP have to run rateds to get gear above 200. A lot of us don’t have time to sit in a group for 2 hours before we are ready, queue up, start to lose and everyone quits. Same with Arena only the up and downs and time sink is too much. So now you have boosting that is out of control just so these people can play and be on equal ground.

Save rateds for titles and cosmetics.

2 Likes

I don’t really like the grouping system either considering it holds the same gatekeeping mechanic that M+ has. If you don’t play meta, you don’t play.

If you can find a good PVP community it really makes a difference. I got to 1800 with Two groups that I liked running with and stopped doing random YOLO groups around 1350cr.

Blizzard seems to think they need to reinvent the wheel every expansion for PVP instead of finding a formula that works and going with it.