Do you want Classic TBC and Wotlk?

After a few years of Classic, I’d rather them do a Classic+ than jumping through the 2nd or 3rd expansion. Pretty soon retail will die off. Blizzard would be able to make a completely new game with added content to Classic.

TBC was my favorite expansion though! Either way, Classic+ or TBC and onward, I’m excited to step into the dangerous world of Old A.

1 Like

no thanks
not even at all
Not even a little.

This, and ONLY this is what a fan of Classic primarily will want. Fans that rate TBC higher, primarily aren’t thinking about Classic as a priority.

2 Likes

not until 2-3 years of classic

1 Like

I’m OK with that.

I’m really waiting for WotLK, that’s when WoW peaked over all.

3 Likes

Personally, no. I’m not a huge fan of TBC, and I like Wrath even less. But plenty of people want them, so good luck.

I would love TBC, was my favorite expansion.

I would HATE wotlk, every design decision was something that felt like it was done for the sole purpose of pissing me off

2 Likes

No Thank You. Maybe After 1-2 CYCLES of Classic. Yes. But NOT FOR A LONG TIME.

after enough time has passed , yes i would be interested in TBC and to a lesser degree WotLK.

Doesn’t make it better, it’s just when WoW had time to spread and catch on.

A lot of people heard about it but disregarded it for years and then slowly more and more of their friends joined in and they gave in too. It peaked because it was built on the foundation of Classic. Once that was removed via Cataclysm the pop started to resemble a dying heart beat.

Of course, TBC & Wrath were extremely fun and I’ll get bored after clearing all the Classic content.

Glad to see the strong support in this thread.

As long as you leave the vanilla Classic servers alone for the people that only want to play it, then yes

Ideally I’d like to be able to “graduate” my characters from one to the other in succession.

1 Like

Yes! TBC is when I started the game, and Wrath is my favorite expansion, hands down. The storytelling in Northrend is just superb, and the Death Knight starting zone is my absolute favorite in the game, hands down. Getting to be proper baddies, even for just a little while, was awesome.

1 Like

I can live with just Vanilla, but having TBC Classic would be my jam.

Wrath I might play the early phases but once the Tournement phase and beyond hits I just don’t see much point anymore, unless it’s changed in some way (not impossible. Blizzard did make the call of keeping the old mount system in classic, so it’s possible they might not add in the dungeon finder system for Wrath since it came at the very end, which may help a little bit, but there’s still a lot of troubling core decisions beyond just that but capping your badge farming back to the pre-3.3 level would help a little bit).

1 Like

I think that LFD could work, if they removed the summon/unsummon features. That would make it a good balance of having a way for asocial/introverted people to get to play, or for people to make groups without venturing to a city for Trade Chat, and the fact that replacing someone in the middle of a run would be… problematic, at best, so you would often try and help people, rather than just kick them, and it forces more interaction so you plan things out.

They would also have to make it server only.

2 Likes

No thanks.

X-server barely matters for Wrath’s issues. It’s the convenience and unlimited heroic spam potential causes a lot of the biggest issues.

the other double-edged sword was having the heroic badges upgrade to one tier below the highest, which gradually outdated prior content beyond the weekly kill “x boss in pointless trivial raid”. yes it keeps heroics relevent but it also invalidates all other content (the Tournement and ICC 5 mans have similar issues, though not being able to spam heroics would help limit how quickly you bulked up since the normal gear is a bit more modest).

maybe give a Occulus style satchel for full clearing a dungeon in heroic (killing ALL bosses) that gives some extra one tier lower than current badges. That could help offset some of the gogogo and encourage people to kill all the bosses, so it doesn’t end up like timewalking or Wrath PS, where you skip as much of the dungeons as humanly possible.

That’s how it was originally, I think. Cross-server LFD/LFR didn’t come around until later, IIRC.