Keep getting kicked in gamma dungeons

I played wrath. I dont agree that gs was not used for dungeons. Was it more rare than now? Sure. But it was definatly there.

2 Likes

Nah man, never happened sorry. /s

Yup, they love to just make stuff up. Notice he switched it from happening in RDF to ‘well, on my server!’

No one cares about your server. And part of the joy of RDF was it freed you from that potential toxicity. But Blizz brought it to RDF with this Heroic+ trash.

2 Likes

Ah yes, rules for thee but not for me. Or, alternatively “It’s okay when I do it!”

Context my man.

For 5 mans.

Yes, people cared deeply about GS for raids, that’s how the whole “lfm icc10 normal, 6k gs” meme came about after all.

For 5 mans? No one batted an eye.

3 Likes

Of course he can’t, he’s posted on a dozen different trolling characters over the last couple years. All of them are low levels, because he doesn’t actually play the game. He pays to troll the forums, that’s it.

2 Likes

All you ever do is talk in circles, complete and utter irrelevance.

1 Like

you can whine about anything and keep bumping a post to the top… trigger a few trolls and they’ll do it for you.

like 3 ret paladins got massive buffs for their spec by spamming

now paladin has 3 s tier specs. the most broken class since classic warrior

1 Like

RDF back in original wrath was for basic heroics there was no alpha/beta/gamma thingy back then and basic heroics could be solo’d by the time RDF arrived, never in any server anyone bothered to even check the item level or gear for any others in those peace of cake easy heroics.

you know? Right now when i queue basic heroics…i group with green geared players every time and it’s super smooth and super fun.

the issue we see here now only existed because of “dungeon have more difficulty now” so people are forced to check gear for gamma’s and kick anyone under 5k GS, if tomorrow blizzard removed alpha/beta/gamma, no one would kick you if you’re 4~5k gs when they see you in basic hc RDF & then you can farm triumph badges and do daily with ease of mind.

same with ICC…people now ask you to have 6k gs to join their PUG…if raid got nerfed by 50% tomorrow…people won’t ask for 6k gs and will lower their standards since raid will be much easier and that will give pug’s life better opportunity, gives guilds better chance to recruit new comers, games will have better atmosphere and more players when it goes smoothly And RMT will be non-existent since no one would be forced to pay to get things he can easily get.

1 Like

I never seen it in RDF or prior to RDF in terms of dungeon runs during OG Wrath. People used it for raids because thats where the challenge was. People were criticized about their play in heroics, gs was used to bring people to raids and even then it wasnt a hard rule.

Without H+ and without sidereals and defiler stones and heroics not dropping triump badges older raids were still a significant part of the gearing up process. Everyone understood that so for older raids people weren’t nearly as uptight about GS unless they were doing an achievement run or something.

1 Like

The issue we see here existed back in original Wrath. It’s not new

Just because it never happened to you doesn’t mean it didn’t happen

2 Likes

It really didn’t though because in an effort vs reward situation stressing about GS for regular heroics is stupid.

Same reason it wasn’t an issue in phase one of wrath classic and didn’t become a problem until H+.

4 Likes

I mean, I don’t disagree with this. But remember the community you’re talking about - people will absolutely go out of their way to do nonsensical things just in the effort to inconvenience other people. They do now, they always have, and they always will

The thing is, you can kick players for behaving like jerks, get another player in a minute or so and go on about your business. The jerk, meanwhile, still has a 15 minute CD on queuing for another dungeon. So if they want to waste their time doing something utterly insane, fine. This is a non issue for the rest of the group.

there are are a lot of good players that just boosted their 5th or 10th alt that took about an hour after reaching lvl 80 to buy up cheap 200/213/232/245 boes, possibly 1-2 264 crafted or raid boe items, or pvp gear thru the 30 stone keeper shard 2k honor boa tokens. they grabbed up a handful of cheap enchants, or expensive ones for their better items, same with gems, and were able to carry their weight in gamma dungeons right off the bat with a pretty respectable 5k+ gearscore. to these kinds of players, which i think is most of us, there is no excuse for performing at 25% or even 50% of that baseline level of output, and causing a 10-15 minute dungeon run to take 20-40 min. i generally don’t, but its often worthy of a quick boot.

But they generally don’t inconvenience themselves, which is why the original system would have worked so much better. You can’t kick from the start. People who get kicked don’t get debuff.

So what reason is there to hold a group hostage? None. They’ll just do the dungeon, because that’s the most efficient thing to do and Classic players are entirely about efficiency.

All these changes do is promote toxic gatekeeping. And, again, even that wouldn’t exist without these terrible anti-Wrath Mythic dungeons.

2 Likes

You can carry your weight when you undertand you class, it literally has zero to do with gear. All gear augments is your damage or survivability.

Which is mostly retail based in a game that was retailified with a mythic+ lite type of system.

There isnt any and there wasnt any. Its why I dont get why people would have held groups hostage anyways. People werent looking for any specific dungeons because the dungeon loot just wasnt appealing outside of if you were gearing up and it was just better than what you had. Most people would just leave the instance if they got 1 of 2 instances. OCC (which isnt bad) or HoR (again which isnt bad) because either people couldnt understand the drakes and vehicle combat, or people just have trouble with line of sight like people still have for some reason.

Now what do people do? They sign up for FoS heroic and just blow it out of the water and thats just about it. They get their 5 and go do something else.

1 Like

No it didn’t. No one cared about gearscore in a Random Wrath Heroic.

2 Likes