Demonic Fel Tinker class showcase. Illidari step aside! There is a new edge in town. šŸ˜ˆ

Introduction-Purpose of this Thread

This thread is an inspirational discussion thread surrounding my fan made class I call ā€œDemonic Fel Tinkersā€, which would be practiced by the Nethercorp Soulreavers and Heartshattered faction. As reimagined, this is the class I truly wish had been released in legion. My hopes is that this thread helps lead to some neat future ideas and potential discussion. And if this class was to become playable of course Iā€™d thrilled. Lets get started with the thread. I am proposing this concept as one of the following:

Quick Disclaimer: I am not suggesting this replace regular tinkers and I definitely understand why some may prefer regular tinkers to this. This is for inspirational purposes and ideas. That being said, I do wish this had been the class in legion.

How I propose implementation of this?

1. Warlock/Demon Hunter spec(with goblins and gnomes please if made for demon hunters).

2. A class skin if tinker class comes out and a class skin system.

3. A possible spec for tinkers.

4. A standalone class, but I donā€™t think this should replace regular tinkers. Only if blizzard decides to do something like allied classes and such.

What are Demonic Fel Tinkers?

Demonic Fel Tinkers are a class characterized by using demonically infused fel technology powered by demonic lifeforce essence. They embrace the destructive and chaotic powers of the fel energy as a means of survival and combat.

What races would this class be playable to?

In the beginning timeline, goblins of the Nethercorp Soulreaver Faction and gnomes of the Heartshattered faction would be the first two races for the class to become playable for. Some consideration may be given for other races at a later time.

Where do they come from?

The Goblins and Gnomes of these respective factions hail from an alternate dystopian reality 50 years ahead of our timeline in which the legion successfully conquered Azeroth. Nearly everyone was either turned into a demon or killed. In the face of extremely radically devastating odds, these goblins and gnomes learned to develop technology and handle hardships far beyond that of goblins and gnomes from our timeline.

How did they come to be? What is their Story?

With the world turned nearly all to fel, it become clear that their primary goal would be to use legion technology as a weapon against them. As such a long term campaign begin within each of these societies of goblins and gnomes to find weapons ways to conquer these foes. These developed devastating technology far beyond what the legion was capable of at the time and argument their bodies with technology that even the moā€™arg and ganā€™arg couldnā€™t quite muster. Each advanced of being able to defy death itself and master space travel commanding vast trade fleets and interstellar spacecraft of their own. Within time they become a dominating force within their shattered world and began to effectively to effectively curb legion forces within their sector. Problems began to arise thoughā€¦

Who are the Nethercorp Soulreavers?

Lead by Hellion Doomsaw, these are highly advanced and deadly trained agents and collectors to defend the interests of Nethercorp Elite. Most of their bones, organs and many of their limbs have been argumented with upgraded stated of the art fel goblin technology. Making these into the ultimate cyborg goblin killing squad. Those who threaten the interests of Nethercorp and their associates are doomed to face a very horrible fate.

What is Nethercorp?

Nethercorp is a interstellar weaponry and cyborg armaments research facility founded for the purpose of pushing back the burning legion forces initially. As the timeline progresses it begins to become an organization for conquering creatures of the void and finding ways to fight off void infusion.

Who are the Heartshattered?

Lead by Lillian Felheart, the Heartshattered a group of highly advanced, cybernetically argumented android gnomes. These gnomes have had their whole world destroyed by the Burning Legion and have been betrayed by their own kinda. They seek to avenge shattered Azeroth. These gnomes begin their life as organic begins and then replace their entire cellular makup with fel base nanotech. All of them replace their hearts with state of the art augemented mechanical fel hearts and bind demons to them that grant them enhanced demonic powers.
Their organization was founded for the sole purpose of bringing down the burning legion and avenging Shattered Azeroth. As the timeline progresses they begin to turn their focus on the void threat.

What are their homeworlds?

The goblins come from Felsteel Fortress which is a giant factory suspended upon the remains of shattered Undermine.
The Heartshattered come from the Heartseeker of Shattered Memories. A giant space vessel that built out of the remains of Mechagon Island that spirals shattered Azeroth.

Training and Transmogification

Similar to demon hunters, in order to become a demonic fel tinker of each respective faction, one must undergo an incredibly dangerous process of cybernetic augmentation that often results in the death of the trainee it is attempted on. Only the most elite can go on to be front line infantry fighting for their respective faction.

(Under Construction)How they end up joining the maintime?

Their world and their timeline begins to get incredibly unstable as do alternative wow timelines. This part of the lore is still a work in progress yet.

Special Lore Traits

Nethercorp Soulreavers defy death itself by transfering their minds to a new body each time they die or are close to death Each time they transfer their mind, the structure of the data transfer becomes more unstable. After roughly 14000 transfers, it disolves.

The Hearthshattered have mastered the ability of taming the destructive powers of fel certain properties of fel energy and arcane energy to enhance their lifespan by 9000 years.

Class Energy Source

Demonic Fel Tinkers run on lifeforce fuel which functions similar to warrior rage.

Class Specalizations

Demonic Protocal: DPS

Those who specialize in Demonic Protocal bind cybernectically enhanced wings to themselves enhancing movement speed and agility. They must buffer out wings periodically since having wings active consumes lifeforce fuel.

Fusion Protocal: Tank

Those who specialize in Fusion Protocal embrace the absolutely unnatural tendacies of fel tinkers binding mechanical weapons to their bodies that deal in an array of destructive capabilities. They are masters of utility and have all kinds of crowd control and complimentary buffing abilities. Mechanical arms periodically need to buffer and consume Lifeforce fuel while active.

Diabolic Protocal(Under construction):

This can be summed up as robotic demon summor spec. Those who go the diabolic protocal rought were Lifeforce energy tanks on their backs with an array of gadgets for controlling robotics demon minions.
Class abilities(See video for details)
See the class video for more details. Helps keep the cluttered here down. Just trust me. The video explains it far better than I could here.

Unique Weapon: Ranged Blasters

Demonic Fel Tinkers in addition to warglaives can also use ranged blasters which are ranged fist weapons used for long range attacks.

Male Goblin Voice Lines

/Flirts

1. Perhaps we can reach a mutually beneficial soulbinding contract.
  2. You seem like my kinda demonic gal. Lets wreak some havok about this shattered world!
  3. The bottom line of Nethercorp is all that matters. Hmmā€¦ Your bottom line however peaks my interest.
    /Silly
  4. All agents of the twisting nether must pay their toll. Or elseā€¦
  5. I will charge you an arm and a leg. Literally!
  6. Always have others do the sacrificing for you. It is just good business sense.
    /Threat
  7. Our contract has been terminated; Donā€™t bother trying to run.
  8. Donā€™t waste my time! Youā€™ll regret it for eternity.
  9. I will take great delight in ripping you apart then selling your soul to the highest bidder.

Female Gnome: Voice Lines:

/Flirts

1. Access deniedā€¦ For now!
  2. Scanning for viable assets. Prey that yours are up to par with my standards
  3. My mechanical heart of fel beacons you.
    /Silly
  4. Ha Ha ha. Your simple mind amuses me.
  5. Fel energy courses through my veins. It advise you stay on my good side!
  6. My heart is filled with Choas, I do delight in sharing my love across the multiverse.
    /Threat
  7. I suggest you stand back. Or notā€¦ I could use the extra limbs. Hehe
  8. Your feeble mind shall fall before me!
  9. According to my calculations, things arenā€™t going to go well for you.
    ā€“Female goblin and male gnome voice lines are a work in progress!
    Huge shoutout to our voice actors and effects person. They really helped make a difference in this project.
    Voice Actors:
    Buddy Blastowitz: Male Goblin Voice

Bipzi: Female gnome voice and responsible for the voice effects.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/wyrmrest-accord/bipzi

Custom Options(Coming in the future)

There will be thing such as:

1. Horn variations
  2. Unique Hairstyles fel glow.
  3. Facial addons customization
  4. Scar/Skin variations
    Open to ideas while I prepare the future video.

Heritage/Class Armor(See Video):
I can be named The Felsteel Suit set for goblins. For gnomes it can be called"The futuristic Heartpiercers Attire".

Class Mounts(Seeking ideas)

There should be a different one for the goblin and gnome. For the goblin, I think it should be something a bit more unique than the Felsteel Annihilator set. Open to ideas for this.

Project Plans for the future

Depending on the interest going forward, I intend to continue expanding on this over time with more videos. Some of the following things planned for the project as a whole are as follows in order to which is planned to be done soonest:

1. Customization options such as horns, hair skins, facial changes etc.
  2. Female Goblin and Male gnomes models.
  3. Full Voice lines video.
  4. Demonic Fel Suits(Aka Demon forms)
  5. Class mounts.
  6. A Demonic Fel Tinker Machinema
  7. And maybeā€¦ A small rendition of the starting areas. This may come in tandom with the DFT machinema.

Demonic Fel Tinker Discord link:

~https://discord.gg/6jmehxE

Things to take away from this thread. Remember that these are also my opinions. I may be wrong too:

1. Make good use of glowy highlights.
  2. Try to come up with spells and appearances unique to each race.
  3. Keep the races tinker can be limited so that each can be done well with good voice quality.
  4. There are many kinds of tinkers in the wow universe. Some can be especially cool.
  5. Unique voice lines really make a difference.
  6. Faction and lore development is very important to really fleshing out the characters.

Other awesome threads with good fanart:

Sanlayn Megathread:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/alliance-high-elf-allied-race-megathread/146463

As I donā€™t have trust level 3, Byucknah is going to help me out with some of the images and gifs.

PS: I am also highly open to suggestions for palette swaps or variations. This is just one call theme of many that could be pretty neat.

24 Likes

This is a really cool personal project that Gnomest has been working on for quite a while and has shown me their progress from time to time. Honestly, the quality of these works are, in my opinion, pretty great :slight_smile:

This feels like the same level of stuff you see from student submissions whenever Blizzard does those student projects. Its really cool looking stuff and worth taking a look at :smiley:

The Gnomes Crest is known as the ā€œHeart of Chaosā€ and looks something like this, while the Gnome model itself can be seen down below it.

The Goblin Crest is known as the Nethercorp Soulreavers Crest as seen below and below that is the goblin model (check out those nifty robotic arms on his back, reminds me of WC3 goblin tinkerers, coll stuff!)

(Please note, I am not affiliated in this project of Gnomestā€™s in any way, shape, or form. I was shown this project a while back and I think its very well done and wanted to help with showing off some of their images. I personally find the models and designs very cool looking and its obvious they put a ton of time and effort into this. Also, I am a big fan of anything fel and legion, soooooo~)

11 Likes

Ah, so this is the project Iā€™ve been hearing about! Itā€™s wonderful. I would definitely roll a female fel goblin. Thereā€™s so much work put into this and I suggest people watch the video, because itā€™s well worth it. Iā€™m not usually big on gnomes but the one shown in the video looks really cool, and Iā€™m a huge fan. Iā€™m getting some terminator vibes too, and thatā€™s one of my favorite series.

Mahā€™gar were made viable by AU, and in Mechagon we see an AU as well. Like it or not, such things are possible, and many interesting concepts and ideas can come to pass this way. Here is one of my suggestions:
A fel dragon of which was previously bronze rebels against the demonic forces in their timeline. The problems escalate and make life no longer viable here whatsoever. Much of the Legion has jumped universes to potentially a successful timeline, leading it to ruin.

This fel dragon (which do exist, we have feldrakes which are really cool and Iā€™ve always been sad not to see a fel DRAGON) opens up a rift that leads to our universe, where the Legion has been destroyed. Now, these people are given a second chance, and want to lend their aid to the forces of Azeroth and stop their threats. Their universe would therefore be lost entirely, probably shriveled up like a husk, and so they will need to adapt to ours.

Just a thought!

7 Likes

It has been an absolute blast working with Gnomest and Buddy on this, and I think this is a project with a lot of forward potential. I mean come on, Fel Gnomes and Goblins. It really doesnā€™t get much cooler that that. You know with how smart Gnomes/Goblins are, Illidian was really eye beaming his own foot for not letting other races get in on the action.

5 Likes

You did amazing with the voice, Bip :slight_smile: Very nice job! It was really cool hearing that robotic tone and it fit so well.

4 Likes

This feels like the same level of stuff you see from student submissions whenever Blizzard does those student projects. Its really cool looking stuff and worth taking a look at.

This has been definitely good practice. I tried to make them look as close to professional as possible. I intend to do more projects like these in the future. Although I want to at least get the primary stuff of this one done before I move to another.

reminds me of WC3 goblin tinkerers, coll stuff!)

You are spot on. That is exactly what inspired the arms to begin with. Those arms are for the tank spec.

I was shown this project a while back and I think its very well done and wanted to help with showing off some of their images. I personally find the models and designs very cool looking and its obvious they put a ton of time and effort into this. Also, I am a big fan of anything fel and legion, soooooo~)

And I thank you for that. Its pretty obviously I am a HUGE fan of fel green mogs.

I would definitely roll a female fel goblin.

One thing I am going to have a bit of a tricky issue with is how to make the female goblin version of this appealing in a way that people whoā€™d want to play a female version of this would look. The goblin looks great with the monstrous scared and torn look. Now for the female, I think I may need to adjust a few things accordingly.

A fel dragon of which was previously bronze rebels against the demonic forces in their timeline. The problems escalate and make life no longer viable here whatsoever. Much of the Legion has jumped universes to potentially a successful timeline, leading it to ruin.

That feldrake idea sounds like a great idea. A question about that though. What are the origins of feldrakes? I recall someone telling me that multiverse travel is often prevented by the dragonslight or something. A dragonflight that apparently watches over the timelines. Could you else tell me a bit about this AU in Mechagon if you donā€™t mind? I didnā€™t know they existed.

Their universe would therefore be lost entirely, probably shriveled up like a husk, and so they will need to adapt to ours.

This is how I was thinking of giving them a reason to want to change universes. Because I was told that alternate universes eventually become unstable and collapse. Especially considering I am proposing they come from a universe where Azeroth has been destroyed.

Iā€™m getting some terminator vibes too, and thatā€™s one of my favorite series.

Youā€™ll notice that one of the abilities on the goblin is called"Terminator Beams". I had a strong terminator fantasy in mind for the goblin when I was working on this.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Also, it feels really weird hearing my own voice in a video, even if Iā€™ve heavily modified it.

1 Like

You did an absolutely wonderful job though. I think nearly everyone who sees this will love how the voice was done. It is very fitting of the character. I can understand though why you may feel a bit awkward though running through it. Now all I need is an ā€œI am my scars lineā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

No no no, see, you got it all wrong. ā€œI am my AUGMENTSā€ for sure is the way to go!

1 Like

I am my augments? Good point! These are not really scars. They advanced circuitry. Imagine this scene redone with Goblins and Gnomes and maybe a mini xera. That would be hilarios.

For the goblin though Iā€™d imagine him instead of saying"Iā€™ve traded freed for power before", he says." That doesnā€™t sound very profitable".

1 Like

Holy crap those models tho!

THOSE MODELS THO!!!

3 Likes

Looking it up, apparently itā€™s totally normal. Something something SCIENCE says Iā€™ll find it weird.

I am my scars would be fun to do, I am leaning towards Fallynnā€™s Augments line thoughā€¦

I know right? Damned coolest thing ever.

1 Like

Male goblin by the way reminded me of this so much:

1 Like

I was thinking of making something like that as the demon form for these guys. The demon form would actually be either some sort of power suit or robotic transformation. I remember you telling me about this. I can see what you mean. The goblin is supposed to full filled that sort of terminator, cyborg killing machine fantasy while also not being pure evil and having some understandable motives at times.

Holy crap those models tho!

THOSE MODELS THO!!!

Thank you! I tried to make them look as close to professional as possible.

throwing in my support, brilliant work

all hail gnome master race!

1 Like

This is incredible work! I love the lightsaber glaives and the detail of the the fel energy pulsing through the wings of the gnome. Also, I wish my hearthstone animation looked like the Vortex of Legions / Heartvein Warpline.

We need to get all of the warlocks of Azeroth to channel the Ritual of Summoning immediately!

1 Like

IS THAT STARCRAFT 2???

I wish blizzard could put this kinda thing into the game.

1 Like

Perhaps a special hearthstone model is in order. I could call it Hearthstone of Legions/Heart of Broken Hearts.

You know the how Illidari remove their eyes to allow them to achieve an enhanced level of sight? The Heartshattered do this, but instead with their hearts. They replace their hearts with highly advanced mechanical ones that give them all kinds of special capabilities. Hence the name Heartshattered. Those hearts are also used for binding demon souls.

IS THAT STARCRAFT 2???

I wish blizzard could put this kinda thing into the game.

I used the StarCraft Editor to make this. It particularly came in use with many effects, sounds, physics and the green outline effect that is seen used on many parts of the model.

I never thought Iā€™d see custom models in SC2. Brings a tear to my eye and reminds me of all the custom models of WC3.

Usually you see custom models for StarCraft II with other kinds of StarCraft II content. I used the SC2 editor for 3 main reasons:

1. I am already know how to use it very well.
  2. The large library of Assets it contains.
  3. Its a very powerful editor.

The SC2 editor can make stuff like this:

Can be made in the starcraft editor. It is also very useful for making videos.

1 Like