To Tinker H8ters

So they have more reason to be a class in WoW than they did in WC3 because Gazlowe and Mekkatorque do have participation in WoW’s story. They are both Tinkers.

This was back when they were trying to make each tank have a niche (after there was only 1 tank in vanilla, and 3 tanks in BC 2 of which were just clones of each other). They tried doing a “dodge tank” two ways, Druids and Monks. The Monk one worked and is still with us today. The Druid one was garbage. After a while they finally just had to tack “oh and you take 25% less damage” onto the Druid ability, it was so awful.

Then they just abandoned the idea and went with the Legion one. And then they trashed the Legion one after just a single season.

And now they still can’t figure out what to do with bear tanks.

Had Monks never been added, and those development ideas gone to bear tanks instead, bears would have been in a good spot since Mists.

Gaslowe is engineer / sapper.
Mekkatorque can easily be warrior engineer.

There is no Tinker.

Cope.

1 Like

Geblin is literally the “High Tinker”… a formal title.

Deal with it?

1 Like

I think they are awesome, no different than any other playstyle. Tinkers are great.

so many threads there have been, and it’s the main thing to conclude on WoW main classes.

And I say it once, better options in race, class and customization as content that Blizzard gives us?

Evoker and Drackthyr, pure :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

2 Likes

Wow is better when the steampunk garbage recedes into the forgotten background.

1 Like

Engineer and sapper are not hero units, Tinker was a full on hero unit.

(I tried to post a link to the old battlenet page that had the unit info here, but it didn’t work even with the workarounds for “non-trusted” links. Search “battle net wc3 tinker” and it’ll be the first result)

Look what the undead farmer says? maybe you tell me you grew up in Kansas.

You have not seen the terror caused by the supposed LoL MMO with its success of Arcane, in having a game of Steampunk, Cyberpunk, and JRPG Magic technology at the same time?

Blizzard has to upgrade you, and the gnomes and goblins is the key to give the future with the titans in Ulduar.

1 character.
No one else is a tinker.

deal with it.

1 Like

Tinker is a neutral hero that has literally 0 relevance in the game story.

Gaslowe is a Sapper unit on WC3. He’s an engineer on WoW.

Several characters have multiple definitions on WoW/multiclass, such as Thrall being Shaman/Warrior for as long as we remember.

The only Tinker is Mekkatorque and itself doesn’t justify having an entire class that is almost an Engineer Survival Hunter.

People need to acknowledge that.

There’s just other ideas that are better. Not to mention I’d rather see a unique Mechagnome Druid than a new class that they have to balance. They need to refine what is there first.

To Tinker Shippers

What’s your deal? Seriously?

Obligatory /s.

1 Like

Feel free to read through the thread.

It’s a unique class concept that fills an otherwise empty niche. But mostly, it’d be dope and well supported by WoW’s prior lore.

2 Likes

Meanwhile mechagnome exist. You’ve said nothing in your rant. You literally have no understanding of Wow If you think steampunk = cyberpunk or that the tech in WoW isn’t a focus. Have you paid attention at all to the Titans in this game? lmao.

2 Likes

Tinkers in WoW really doesn’t contribute to cyber punk (assuming you actually mean sci-fi in general).

Literal Space Ships exist in WoW. Legion was filled with them.
Legion wasn’t sci-fi. It was fantasy.

Mechagnomes and Gnomeran exist, but that patch didn’t feel like a sci-fi patch.

2 Likes

Food for though, both the Warcraft - The Roleplaying Game and World of Warcraft - The Roleplaying Game back in 2003 and 2005 included Tinker as a core class.

Officially, neither of these sources are cannon but there’s no doubt that the Tinker is part of Warcraft’s core identity.

2 Likes

You know, I’ve always wondered why the whole Tinker debate even began. We spent years with this never being an issue, and suddenly tons of posts churlishly arguing on a complete non-issue that barely, if at all, had even the slightest inkling of being a potential thing in the first place.

Addendum:

For the record, I generally support the idea of a Tinker class, albeit through ulterior motives as I really like Steam Warriors and assume they’d be incorporated into the class were it to become a playable thing. I simply don’t understand where the discussion came from and, like some others who’ve posted here, am generally weary of class-based discourse, especially pertaining to suggestions/desires.

Also, for the record I find the whole argument of Tinker=Engineering to be shallow and reductive.

I do hate that so many Tinker discussions devolve into rude/aggressive repartee.

I’d suggest reading through the thread, some passionate people talking as to why they’re invested in to topic.

A personal example - playing Warcraft 3 as a pre teen, I’d rush to the tavern specifically for the Tinker hero ha. Was he any good? I didn’t know then and don’t know now, but i simply enjoyed the mechanical mayhem I could impart with the “Tinker”.

That to say, it shouldn’t be outrageous that there are people out there that enjoy the tech aesthetic present in WoW and want a class to represent that POV.

1 Like

How can I hate something that doesn’t exist and will never exist?

I’d still take your imaginary idea instead of the low quality fetish lizard we got, if it makes you happy OP.