Demonic Fel Tinker class showcase. Illidari step aside! There is a new edge in town. šŸ˜ˆ

a spicy twist on an oft requested class, iā€™d play one

2 Likes

I actually had no idea you could do that o.o Thatā€™s neat!!!

1 Like

And the nice thing about it too. Blizzard is A-okay with it. I see StarCraft Warcraft campaigns being made all the time with the SC2 engine with existing assets. Its free advertising/promotion, assets and ideas for them. While also fun for the person making and sharing the project. You could do the same with Sanlayn if you wanted.

Using the StarCraft Editor you could add some blood red glowy outline effects to those Sanlayn wings you had. This is because the starcraft editor stops rending faces that have flipped normals from certain angles.

1 Like

Iā€™d have to learn how to use all of that first, but itā€™s an interesting idea and you did amazing work with these models ^^

I could teach you how to do it sometime and perhaps show you a preview of it, but it is a pretty tricky process.

1 Like

Good work on this project. This must of been hard work. Some Ideas for Blizz to tinker with.

1 Like

You betcha. My hope is that this may inspire some ideas.

This would be an amazing class if it were in the game. The class would have been perfect for legion. For a fan made contribution this was amazing hopefully in time blizzard will get on this idea but I digress well put together, well thought out. even the Emotes were clever! well done!

1 Like

None would be prepared to handle how devastatingly powerful things things are. Terminators, lean mean killing machines. Honestly though. These things would have made for excellent allies to the Illidari if they existed in legion.

Perhaps the demons will become organized again at some point and pose a threat again. Certainly not enough for a Legion 3.0, since weā€™ve had 3 expansions as a focus, but we still kinda need to revisit what happened between Illidan and Sargeras anyway.

1 Like

This incarnation of tinker admittedly probably wouldnā€™t happen, but that doesnā€™t bother me. I went into this project full well knowing that. Some other tinker variants that could happen:

1. Light tinkers.

Especially if mechagnome paladins become a thing.

1. Void tinkers.

Though there would definitely need to be some lore explaining that certain gnomes were able to handle the void.

1. Aquatic Tinkers.

Bioshock/Big Daddy themed kinda. Something like this I could see coming from Gilblins in particular. If they get their intelligence back.

1. All kinds of racial tinker themes. Undead, draenei and orc would have some pretty cool ones.

Of course a well done typical goblin/gnome tinker is also up there.

Yeah it could be included in a tinker spec I think if not a full blown class.

Just imagine cyberpunk gnome vampiric tinkers. That would be quite metal. Perhaps I may just do a reskin of these someday for you guys demonstrating such a theme. For now though, Iā€™d love to really flesh out what is done with these models.

1 Like

All of my want. I need to see this, I must. Cyberpunk Gnome Vampiric Tinkers blood marches through my veins like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!

There should be a vampiric subrace or theme for every single race in the game. You can never have too many vampires. nod

2 Likes

This is how inquisitions get started.

1 Like

To eradicate all Cyberpunk Gnome Vampiric Tinker haters? I agree with you, that is a worthy inquisition!

Doing a cyberpunk gnome vampiric tinker should be very doable with the existing assets I have now too. Iā€™d say the following:

1. Of course a good red, purple, black scheme.
  2. Fangs. Easy enough to do.
  3. Instead of eyes that are just one color, Iā€™d probably go with a more full natural, but glowing red eyes.
  4. Maybe some neat blood red scars across the face. I believe I have the skill level to do it.
  5. Definitely good use of glowing effects and outline.

Spell effects.

Since we are talking about a class I made right here and not just a race. Thinking about the kind of effects there would be. This would take a lot of thought, but I imagine things with more of a blood dark cultist feeling to them.

Racial Symbols.

The Heart of Choas would also look wicked cool in red.

Actually perhaps I can whip of a demonstration of this soon within a few days. Since tinting alone isnā€™t too hard.

Now the goblin. I think if I was to tint the goblin red right now it would look closer to something form the emerald nightmare or some sort of SC2 void fiend. In the Starcraft universe void stuff is typically red and green.

I am also open to other ideas for pallet swaps and variations.

1 Like

Going with the vampiric theme, I bet a cyberpunk version of the Gnomeferatu hearthstone card would look awesome. I imagine that vampiric tinkers would use drain spells and vials of blood.

1 Like

That card is exactly what sparked me interest in such a theme. I saw someone link it in the Sanlayn thread. When I saw it, I immediately wished something like that was playable.

That being said however. If I do something like that I donā€™t think I should just do a mere palette swap. When I set out to make these models, you can tell I put a tremendous amount of love into the detail in them and I am not even fully 100% done. I do intend to improve them in many ways in the future. Few ways I intend to improve them:

Goblin.

1. Better glow transition in the wings. Wings that have mechanical pieces and maybe some strapped on bombs or something.

2. A shoulder with better texturing and definition. I think it could have used a few wires or a pulsating glow.

3. In terms of horn options I think it would be cool if the goblin had horns that started out liked regular horns and then transitioned into blow torches kinda.

Gnome.

1. Better visor transparency and blendering. making it look like chromeā€™s visor from HOTS would be cool.

2. I think the metallic shade the flower uses could be blended a bit better.

3. Have it so the pieces of the warglaives phase out when the lightsaber glaives phase out. Maybe improved blendering or a hexagonal overly. Or maybe specific spell abilities that give it a spell effect.

Oh yea. A big thing planned in the future is their mecha demon forms. Those are going to be a treat to see.

1 Like