[CS Lounge] TImey Whimey new year

As per the Blizzard post that is posted in the first post of this thread:

6 Likes

Its also a race when the timer starts to get the last post for the last post goes the honor of starting the new thread.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, Iā€™ve always found that part more than a little annoying. Especially when itā€™s the same couple posters desperately leapfrogging over one another trying to make sure they get the last post.

2 Likes

Need to ship a gift package to New Zealand today. Iā€™m hoping it donā€™t break the bank for me.

Got my mage to 58 now half way thru Ardenweald. She finally ran out of rested XP.

1 Like

Which company are you shipping it with? ĀæxʎpĒā„² ɹo 'Ė„Hp 'SŌ€āˆ©

Actually donā€™t know. I thought about using the USPS, but is gonna take a look at UPS. I have had real bad luck with FedEx with losing packages and stuff like that. DHL? I donā€™t know if the have a place here in town.

edit: well it looks like I do have a DHL office, but itā€™s across town and I donā€™t want go that far.

To all my NZ friends, how long will a package take if shipped today from Austin to New Plymouth?

I find it fun i cant always make it i see it as a challenge im sure if u were to ask to get the last post wed give it to you.

Yup. I tend to avoid the Lounge if Iā€™m awake once the timer starts.

3 Likes

Ok I like the lounge, is so relaxing herešŸ˜€

2 Likes

Agreed. Never raced the clock. I might notice the timer and make a comment but that is about it.

2 Likes

I ignore the timer; t doesnā€™t factor into whether I make a post or not. Iā€™d much prefer if it wasnā€™t visible.

You miss my point. Iā€™m not chasing the last post. I donā€™t consider it a prize to be competed for. I think it looks tacky when I see others doing it.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not why I do it most of the time. I do it to see if someone else is dedicated enough to try for it. For me, getting the last post could be considered losing. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Speaking of shipping things, I had a MicroSD card (those tiniest of tiny little things) that died on me. It was still under warranty, but I needed to ship it back to the manufacturerā€¦down in the goodā€™ole USA.

No big deal right!?!?

Lowest quote was $43+tax!!! One quote was seriously $160+.

Thankfully, the company decided to make an exception for me (I donā€™t have to send it back) as it was cheaper for me to just buy another one than to ship this one back for a placement.

2 Likes

That is flipping insane

It is not like it has to cross an ocean. I swear shipping companies use a stupid border, state, or our great neighbors to the north, to charge more.

I get customs. But still.

It was sorta funny because in their return instructions, it said do NOT put it in a regular envelope as it will get lostā€¦then they asked me to send it via regular mail.

Unfortunately, there are laws that prohibit storage devices from being sent across the border through regular mail. But if I did send it that way, it would only have cost $1.30.

Crazy difference right!

1 Like

Family gave me some Amazon balance for Christmas and I couldnā€™t land on something to buy. Then I remembered Iā€™d been wanting to upgrade my SSD. So woot! Getting a 1TB SSD to drop my games on.

Iā€™ve been uninstalling/reinstalling because of space issues. Time to load up :smiley:

11 Likes

Thatā€™s fantastic! Enjoy all that spaceā€¦ sounds like youā€™ll have more than you know what to do with. :smile:

Iā€™ve been running a 1TB SSD in my build since a little before Doom 2016 came out.

The jump from HDD to SSD is huge. You will never want to go back.

1 Like

I already have a 250g SSD that I got when I setup this rig years ago. But these days that doesnā€™t go a long way. So Iā€™ve been limiting it to my FPS installs and keeping other games on the HDD.

1 Like