Convert Forum to BattleTag

It was broadcast publicly on or around December 4, 2018 via one of the class discords. I don’t remember that one as I closed that discord conversation long ago.

Someone freaked out about it came to me via my realm discord because I’m a frequent beta tester and they thought I had connections to Blizzard and bring the issue to their attention.

I was skeptical of the claim and managed to reproduce it. I did multiple times at 5:52am pacific and again at 9am on a different computer on December 4th, 2018.

I reached out on the battlenet API discord and an MVP there confirmed it was a known and patched bug. I asked when the patch was pushed. They said 17 hours before. I double checked the version number and confirmed I had the patched client but was still able to reproduce the problem on version 1.12.5.10733. You can still find this on that discord server.

I have screenshots of the contemporaneous conversation on the API discord as well as the contemporaneous Google doc with step by step screenshots (with the real names partially censored) I sent via that MVP to the devs. You can add me on discord and I’ll send you the stuff, zandrae#1418 .

It’s not an isolated incident. It happens sometimes. And these ones are reports that weren’t deleted to prevent a mass panic. There are likely more cases reported elsewhere, reported privately, or that have been put under wraps.

But you don’t have to believe me if you don’t want to.