Confirmation on travel forms and mount equipment?

Druid travel form (and things like it) do not benefit from the mount equipment. Only mounts summoned from that collection do.

18 Likes

Thank you! That saves me a trip :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, good to know! I do not mind this, but it’s good to at least have the info!

OH! And if you warmode as a druid, keep in mind you can be dismounted by all the other players out of your flight form, and you will not get the parachute, so if you do not want to splatter, make sure that you ride flying mounts in warmode.

2 Likes

but can’t you instantly go back into flight form? I’m played around on my druid and clicked off travel form and have been able to re-enable it while falling.

Yeah you can unless something is different when you’re flagged/in warmode… I just tested this out again and did a video capture

1 Like

It puts you in combat.

To elaborate: Druids cannot go back into flight form while in combat, so you gain a splat form.

8 Likes

ah ok…
/10 char

Trip for what? You get your free waterwalking mount equipment in the mail when you first log in.

Not if you’re in combat, you can’t.

And Night Elves can’t shadow meld while moving.

However, if you’re feral and have “Incarnation”, you can hit it and prowl while moving and in combat. This usually drops combat. Then you can switch to flight form again. So make sure you have more than 4.5 seconds of falling before splat.

A trip to check on something for OP related to travel form. He thought Lunarwing was in mount journal I think. I never use Lunarwing so I was going to check to see if it had been added since that’s the only way the equipment would work on it. Bornakk saved me from having to go get Lunarwing. I’m guessing you didn’t read our earlier posts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Often skip a lot because of the infighting that happens in every single topic. Things go sideways quickly.

But no… Lunarwing is not a mount. It will never be a mount.

3 Likes

Understandable especially around this topic :slight_smile: I didn’t think it was either but since I never use it thought maybe something had changed and I just missed it lol Good to know I hadn’t.

So not only do Druid’s get shafted not being able to use our class hall “mount” in BFA for the past year we also get shafted on equipment. Other bonuses apply like the speed bonuses.

Typical Blizzard when it comes to Druids.

19 Likes

Druids can also use flying chicken to avoid going splat as well, so no need to worry about warmode splat-tastic if you play boomkin

If you are a druid who wants to use your travel forms: you made the wrong choice. --Blizzard entertainment

13 Likes

So basically the only feature I even mildly care about in 8.2 is null and void for me.

Cool.

Yeah kinda throws their whole “we did this to increase player options” statement out the window.

10 Likes

I wish that same logic applied to the Legion class “mount” for druids. I don’t think we should have equipment slots for our travel form, but funny how things twist & turn.

3 Likes

If you are in combat you can not cast flight form.

2 Likes

Any particular reason for this? I’m genuinely curious why forms seem to be excluded for no reason.

3 Likes

Change this please. Thanks.

3 Likes