Those with wawa stider

I am reserving judgement until I see the whole thing. So far all I have seen is water walking and daze protection. If that ends up being the case, we got hosed.

Daze should have been removed from the game a decade ago, and Blizzard knows it. They keep introducing items that counter it as just another carrot on a stick to keep us running on the hamster wheel instead of just removing it like they should have done long ago.

2 Likes

I am using a nightborne manasaber and I can easily mount him in the water, jump up and he’s walking on water again. but he does take damage jumping off the top of the boat and loses the water walking ability, which totally sucks. That makes the purchasable ability very sub-par.

1 Like

It’s not just that they are nerfing the strider, it’s what they are possibly planning for the next expansion and later on with these mount options.

1 Like

However, if you do any fall damage while riding your mount, you will have to re-mount, which is the same as switching mounts. On PTR if you take fall damage, jump in the water, the mount goes under. You are still mounted, so you have to dismount, and remount. Right now, I can be on my normal mount, get to water, and cast my strider and I’m off running on water.

2 Likes

On live I’ve always jumped off the boat on striders - I use both - on my way to “Not So Bad Down Here”, the underwater pet battle, and they’ve never taken damage. It will be a pity if that’s changed.

2 Likes

yes but we all know it will.

1 Like

Wawa strider is such a fitting name for how people are acting over this issue.

1 Like

I think that Blizzard should have designed the Mount Equipment so that it could have been applied to individual mounts or types of mounts.

What a missed opportunity to have created something that would have been interesting and fun, that would have added character to the mounts, instead of homogenizing them all with the same ability.

I’ll bet you’re fun at parties.

You have no idea

Why does having something enjoyable to the vast majority of the game population, hurt you?

Because it attaches a handicap to all other mounts in the game, making players chose between the appearance of their mounts and a class ability.

You can’t just leave well enough alone, can you?

Why would I want a mechanic that harms the game to not be fixed?

I don’t like the water strider…so you shouldn’t have it’s ability…I hate that bug…too many people always use that mount…I’m sick of seeing it…you need to pay for such a good perk…

You seem to be failing to realize that this is a MMO and a mechanic that affects one person affects all of them.

I’m tired of being micro-managed by blizzard. “you can’t see all our hard work developing terrain”…yank flying. You travel too fast…yank a hunter’s aspect. We think you don’t see enough of the continents, yank out some portals.

You have weird examples of micro-management

You don’t spend enough time on the game being ganked by endlessly spawning mobs…kill the water strider.

Does the water strider help you to not be ganked by mobs?

Maybe they should spend some time yanking themselves, maybe it would put them in a better mood and not obsess over our ability to save a little time once in awhile.

I’m not sure what you are trying to say here.

I LOVE THE CHANGE!

After the change, I can do what I do now but don’t have to hear the chittering sound or watch the shaky animations of the GIANT BUG. I can use a horse.

What’s not to like about that? Anyone who wants to can still use the giant bug. They are removing nothing, and adding a lot.

1 Like

just wanted to make sure that you’d seen this…

I think they may be referring to one of the night elf cat mounts.

possibly.

maybe even probably.

i shouldn’t browse the forum when i haven’t woken up properly :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
  • They are removing the mounts innate ability, and charging you for it if you swap it out for another perk and want to re-apply it.

• Only one character will get the one time use BoA item for free.

• The water striders themselves are losing their resiliency from being able to take fall damage.

EDIt - And really, all of this is coming down to having players who don’t have the Anglers rep not getting the free BoA item, and having to pay out the wazoo for a crafted version or go back to Pandamonium and do the rep.

The equipment thing feels more like a participation trophy. We can’t have people feeling left out because they don’t want to put in the effort.

2 Likes

Hey, just thought I would point out it is Wednesday. Sorry, I have OCD lol. I did not mean to be the spelling police at all. :peace_symbol:

I barely use WS. No need to cross waters often, just fly or w/e else.

based on info coming out of the ptr, this is not correct.

i want a wawa strider. where does it drop?

On the PTR, IMO, Blizzard has opened up the purchase of the item for everyone just for testing, and it’s showing a 20% discount for rep/strider riders. Why would they do they that, unless that’s going live and all characters tied to the rep’d account can purchase it, just not at the discounted price?
I forgot in which thread it is, but a player pieced all of blue comments together (Kaivax’s & Bornakk’s) that were posted it in the big thread. When you read through it, it really makes sense as to the direction this is going to been sent.

Only rep’d characters can actually purchase the BoA item.
Price is reduced to lower the overall cost of purchasing additional ones for alts.
There will be another way to acquire/or another version of the WW item.

Not that it matters, because I’m sticking to my decision of not buying into the system.