Confirmation on travel forms and mount equipment?

Well this is just another bad decision about Mount equipment, imo.
Funny how some classes will get a ton of benefit from it, likes Death Knights and to a lesser extent Shamans.
Then you have Druids, who will have to give up a core part of their class identity to benefit from the new system.

GG Blizz, GG.

14 Likes

Why do DK/Shaman (Do pallys still have + mount speed?) get to keep their bonus plus get to add on top of that this new system?

Why is this not something druids can have? Even after getting this as our “mount” quest it is still not considered a mount?

This makes little sense.

9 Likes

Assuming this applies to Running Wild as well then? Which also stinks as it doesn’t even have any extra benefits like instacast or herbing while in form. Bleh.

3 Likes

Why don’t you just use the anglers raft? That’s what I do. Travel form + raft = water strider you can loot chests and other stuff without dismounting from.

2 Likes

It works for running wild.

OH that’s in the mount journal? Never knew that, figured it was in the racial abilities.

wild charge stag hop to cat form (if mistimed). parachutes are for chumps. :wink:

It’s not in journal. So I’m not sure if it’s intended or not.

Seems really dumb.

Eh we don’t want to put in the work so just use a mount or something. - Blizzard Entertainment

I feel that if mount equipment won’t affect travel form, then neither should dismount since it seems to be important to say it’s not a mount! I also then feel that we ought to get a class mount, since you know our travel form doesn’t count as a mount!

12 Likes

Not only this but when the Class Hall Mounts were added they gave us a travel form. That, by defenition basically confirms that Blizzard counts shapeshifting the same as a mount. So if it’s a mount, then why does it not benefit in the same way? The logic is completely broken.

10 Likes

Travel Form has always been the abused step-child of the Mount system. How mount bonuses are applied has been inconsistent since day 1 of the game. I guess it all depends on the developer working that day and whether they like Druids or not.

• pssst. I don’t think any developers like or play Druids.
3 Likes

you aren’t giving up a damned thing. Druids can use mounts like every single other class and in addition to that you can use your forms as you see fit, which no one else has an option to do.

3 Likes

You mean people have a choice, just like people chose to use the Strider because it was most convenient then complained they were forced to use it all the time (on land) and never use other mounts instead of mounting it once they reach water? Or using water walk potions?

Blizzard doesn’t want there to be “wrong choices” and druid forms are obviously the wrong choice.

5 Likes

Gee, I don’t know… Maybe because it already gives you an INSTANT CAST mount that BREAKS ROOTS AND SNARES and makes you IMMUNE TO POLY?

Guess you’ll just have to summon a mount like the rest of us plebs if you want to benefit from the equipment. Bad luck m8

2 Likes

So it’s fine for druids to be shafted again then? Why do DKs and Paladins get to keep their mount perks on top of this new system hmm?

Can the druid class ‘mount’ actually be a mount then? We’ve already been shafted on using that this expac given it’s a flight form and was unable to use it during the period of time when flight mounts were disabled - no other class has this problem btw… but now we can’t use it because it’s a form and doesn’t benefit from this new system.

2 Likes

Shafted? You’re the only class in the game with an instant cast travel form that breaks roots/snares, makes you immune to poly, and lets you herb/skin…

Druids complaining about this issue is like a billionaire complaining that he just lost one of his vacation mansions in Hawaii and now he has to resort to using a 5 star hotel like the rest of the plebs.

3 Likes

any chance that travel/flight form can at least benefit from +speed achievements?

specifically flight as I love the Legion owl form and dont wanna use mounts on her just to benefit from increased speed.

ghost wolf iirc also shares this and also can be used inside places.

1 Like

No, GW can still be CC’d, is no where near as fast as a mount and doesn’t break roots/snares it just makes it so they can’t go below 100% movement speed. It’s nothing like travel form.

Also, don’t forget travel form includes flying as well. Nothing is more annoying in WPVP than a NELF Druid vanishing and instant mounting away.

1 Like

Waraila and Lockedheart, sadly I think a lot of people think this way about druids. Perks are great unless its us dern druids, we’re shouldn’t be able to enjoy ours. (Same goes for NELFS too I guess ??)