Classic TBC Servers down with no notice, again!

Once again they can test things before they throw it all the wall and see if it works.

I don’t understand how you fail to see they didn’t do their jobs and their clients are upset, those are the cold hard facts.

1 Like

If I had a representative of the company make an announcement of EXACTLY what they screwed up, and how they’re going to fix it, and how long it will take, I’d shut up and go away until it’s fixed.

3 Likes

Hahaha! I live in Canada where half the country experienced a complete internet, phone and cable outage where the main company provider, Rogers, couldn’t and didn’t give any details for like 12 hours!! Even then, they couldn’t explain what happened.

And no, I don’t think that’s acceptable, but it’s also much more serious than not being able to access a video game for a few hours.

13 Likes

I think everyone is way cooler when you stop saying dumbs things. AGAIN THIS IS ALL BECAUSE THEY DONT TEST CHANGES ON THE PTR BEFORE THEY THROW IT AT THE WALL.

If you understand real world technology rollouts/upgrades you would understand they way they do it , well its all wrong.

At this point with this much downtime and upset players THEY NEED TO REVERT THE XP CHANGES. Go do their job and test it and bring it back NEXT TUESDAY.

1 Like

Huh? What’s with that analogy? We clearly are home right now, and looking to play the game we pay for. If I paid for 24/7 cable, and was home trying to watch TV, and it wasn’t working, you bet I’d be on the phone with support asking what was up.

5 Likes

Hey all,

I know some of you have asked for details on what is happening with maintenance and I wanted to pass on what I could.

Today’s maintenance was scheduled to finalize the deprecation of the Classic Character Clone service that was announced back in May.

Unfortunately, some technical issues were identified during these changes, which have caused us to extend our original estimates for maintenance today. We hope to have realms back up as soon as we can.

We’ll continue to provide updates as they become available. Thank you for your patience.

21 Likes

mmmm not mutch info but all right…

2 Likes

Alright, who estimated a maintenance cycle to take an hour and was wrong by a factor of 6 at this point. You’re not even updating the banner anymore. It still says servers will be available at about 1 pm PDT. That was 20 minutes ago.

1 Like

So you just want some communication? I agree.

So the fact they are quiet and not responding about pushing it further back, it is clear they have no idea what is wrong. 6 hours to fix OR make decision to revert the changes they didn’t test.

Also I have done 3 ZA’s with bugged gauntlets and still made timer on each run. Keeping the game down this long for that is crazy bad. LOL we fought 2 wind walkers and 2 guardians with the boss and still cleared it.

The fact its down this long over that just shows how trash this company is. ZA BUG WAS FIRST REPORTED MONDAY BEFORE MAINTENANCE.

5 Likes

mmmm not mutch info but all right…

And why was this maintenance not done on the scheduled maintenance day?

5 Likes

While WoW is 17 + years old, the Classic version is not. They rebuilt the whole thing on the modern code base to run on the modern hardware, infrastructure, and to work with Bnet.

Here is a great article about that.

That means that it is going to have the same issues any code base does, esp with ongoing changes to it. This is no different than Retail, which also had extra Maint at times. They both run on modern engines and code.

Blizzard has never given the details of the technical server maintenance with very rare exceptions for things like a general description like “database migration”. We have been told about that before, but nothing else is ever released by the Devs or Engineers. I understand you want the info, but Blizz has never provided that level of detail for IT changes. They stick to generalizations, if anything.

If there is an actual game patch or hotfix, that info will be provided in patch notes or the hotfix tracker when the are done.

7 Likes

Thanks. The update didn’t go through, so poked it again. It’ll take a few moments to populate.

5 Likes

More information is good news, but this information is terrible news.

So they’re NOT fixing the ZA bug? They’re NOT fixing any of the bugs we’ve thought they were fixing?

This is a freaking STORE issue? They’re only disabling the Character Clone Service???

No way. No way I’ve waited 7 hours for that.

18 Likes

I live in canada too and I do IT service as a careeer. I will not get off a phone with a company until they give me an answer.

This means all the same ISP providers you mentioned. Once thing you will notice is RBC did not go down during that time because it did not have its head office in Toronto. AKA having all of Toronto run on Rodgers is a bad idea.

So before you want to flex on me, you should understand that you are not as smart as you think.

FUNNY THING IS PEOPLE LEFT ROGERS FOR CELL PHONES AND ISP SINCE! THEY LOST BUSINESS JUST LIKE BLIZZARD WILL DO IF THEY KEEP MAKING THEIR SERVICE TRASH AND TREAT THEIR CLIENTS LIKE DIRT.

Funny thing is they have no jobs without players for their games so…

1 Like

So it’s a clone service issue that nobody has used since like June of 2021? Back up soon is not exactly an estimate of time especially as you’ve strung us along for the last 6 hours. If this what scheduled, why was it not announced and why was it done on a non-traditional maintenance day? Putting a green check mark at the bottom of the post does not make it a solution.

9 Likes

If there are significant issues currently occurring, then so be it, but instead of giving superficial deadlines to players and giving them certain expectations, wouldn’t it be better to simply state that they would be back up when the issue is completely resolved? I think part of why this is making people angry is that a deadline keeps being put in, and then delayed, creating an effect of constant disappointment.

4 Likes

No, the end date of the service was YESTERDAY the 26th according to their May post. So it should already be off of the store with nothing to do today, especially nothing stopping you from killing some birds in Nagrand. Zero impact on in-game.

1 Like

This is a multi billion dollar company why can’t classic get more help Blizz higher ups??

1 Like

So how about… crazy thought here… reverting back to a version of the game that actually works… and fixing this issue on their time instead of ours? Asking too much?

5 Likes