Classic TBC Servers down with no notice, again!

I’ve complained about this for 15+ years. I’m commenting about communications, not the fact that servers are offline.

It’s so simple to inform your customers that you plan to take down servers. Your customers plan in game activities that take longer then 15 minutes.

Post it in game (login screen) and then remove it after maintenance.

A child could do this, why can’t Blizzard? Please explain!

27 Likes

Complaining about something for 15 years is not healthy, also shows something wrong on your end.

If in 15 years all there is to wow then you miss the messages that say it is always good to leave Azeroth behind.

Did it occur to you that something might have dropped them out of their control.

How about an emergency and not time to find someone to update the launcher right at that moment…

4 Likes

Idk why people feel the need to come on the forums and bash people for complaing about things. Blizzard is pretty notorious for stuff like this.

9 Likes

However, Connection Troubleshooting - Blizzard Support (battle.net)

2 Likes

BC is down as well. No surprise… yesterday was maintenance day.

Well this never happened at all in wow classic so not really that notorious.

What is notorious here is people getting upset at Blizzard…15 years later. If this is the norm like is suggested why are people still whining about it…it shouldn’t be a surprise.

The fact people do showcases that it is not a normal thing.

Although your claim someone being bashed is just your opinion so I hold not much merit in that. But honestly complaining about something for 15 years…is literally not healthy at all, that is fact…not opinion.

2 Likes

the thing that gets me is that there isn’t anything on the launcher that says about the classic bc servers being down… I had to check the realm status page to see that… it would only take a few seconds for them to put up a little blurb about them being down for whatever reason, and to thank us for our patience…

11 Likes

They should at least throw up a banner someplace or throw out a social media notification. Not only to just let people know something is going on but also to help out their employees who will have to deal with a crazy influx of calls, emails, and help chats from people not knowing what is going on.

5 Likes

I’d rather they focus on fixing the issue. It’s a game. Your life will not collapse just because you couldn’t play a game for a couple hours.

OR, crazy idea here: Players stop being high maintenance and they don’t send in tickets/e-mails/phone calls asking for updates that the person answering won’t be able to answer.

2 Likes

Your lecturing other people on these forums is unwelcome and out of place. If you have nothing to contribute to the reporting of the problem then go argue in the other forums.

13 Likes

I agree with most of what you said, but with a caveat:

Putting up a banner or notice often isn’t done by the individuals directly making the fixes and often avoids a lot of the angst from the end user and would prevent some of the Social Media/Forum spam that comes with a service being down.

There IS a banner on Classic ATM… just not for TBC.

You completely missed the point of this post…obviously.

But…it did happen in Wow classic… so there’s that.

Sometimes emergency crap pops up and they gotta do a unplanned server fix for what ever reason. I assume it has something to do with the xp buff they dropped but either way, its happening. before we knew what happened, we’re already bent over taking it. such is life.

1 Like

I agree with most of what you said, except this part. From my experience, everyone feels the need to chime in and bash on Blizzard. They used to put a maintenance thread in this forum, usually a day or to in advance, and it would fill up with players complaining for multiple days about scheduled maintenance.

And if they actually had to extend maintenance for an extra hour? Hoo boy.

1 Like

I just wanted to play tbc with the gang early today before going to work was hoping to do some group quests with them maybe even some dungeons why do the server had to go down today :frowning:

Servers are estimated to go back up at 9am PDT

Post Source?

Looks like it’s in the launcher now.

1 Like

This is what happens when they roll out ham-fisted changes that have tons of not tested side effects and collateral damage.

1 Like