Classic Raiding Difficulty

Classic case of people confusing “Viable” with “Optimal”, all specs were viable and were able to fulfill some sort of purpose, so I’m always weary of people saying classes aren’t Viable. Like yeah a rogue can top a Druid’s dps but can that rogue bring an innervate and battle rez? (Like you said.)

3 Likes

Think he means soulshards

That’s only because the pallies/priests forgot their reagents so they had to hearth to purchase and I had to re-summon them.

If only I would have had a gold for every time I had to do that.

No we can’t. We can kick and we are very good (depending on the player) at dropping our aggro so we can maximize our dps. Pure DPS classes shouldn’t have as much utility as hybrids though. Not saying you are suggesting they should.

1 Like

Which are used to make healthstones…yes. I understood that.

1 Like

I know, I was being obtuse for a reason.

This is why right there…

As you can see I am not the only one that sees the constant BS from “warrior mains” that claim its the only usable class…

It’s both repetitive and ridiculous.

1 Like

More of a just a joke but yeah, raids ran out of stuff all the time, it’s just a matter of most guilds on a populated server are going to have to make a decided effort to keep stocked on stuff. Rip those poor guild alchemists who have to give up their potions for free when they could scalp the auction house with em instead.

lol Yeah I see what you mean. Good use of the word obtuse btw. A person who is better at their class than a warrior can out dps a warrior any day. IE: A rogue. I was able to out dps several warriors on pservers just because I was better at my class. In some cases, I will admit, it was just a matter of me being more lucky when it came to getting gear.

A good guild should take the fact that the alchemists are giving up their income to help the guild when distributing loot and other items like raid mats for crafting BiS epics.

3 Likes

A good guild would, most guilds however… idk man it’s not looking good.

Well you can’t really say that yet. We have to wait and see. Maybe I am an optimist but I want to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Classic. I just want classic to be as good as it can be.

1 Like

Here here (Keystrokes)

Who knows, they may go with OG original vanilla crafting limits and BoP status on certain things that would greatly reduce the frequency of certain consumables…

Additionally if they made flasks fade on death, this is also another very interesting and still authentic way to handle things.

Kinda excited seeing that they are going more and more toward a 1:1 replica… (I do know it will never be a true 1:1, I am not delusional)

1 Like

Well if they did those things they should also change them to be BoE at some point like they did in vanilla… but i mean crafting things like Corehound Belt. BiS LW epic for restos and I think Pallies.

Will be cool to see how that plays out for sure. I am looking forward to all of it.

People forget how hard this stuff was when it first came out, now that they’re 60 levels higher and can solo it.

It took five months between release of Molten Core and world first Ragnaros kill. Five months! Mythic Jaina took less than a week. If you count Heroic as the release, Jaina was still only a couple weeks.

More debuffs will help a lot. Knowing the fights will help. The availability of tier 0.5 will help with MC. But classic raiding difficulty will still be at least as hard as mythic is now.

Honestly. Bring back raids which take months for the world firsts.

1 Like

IF vanilla raiding is that easy. they should bring in the none nerfed version of Nef and C’thun. However I do wonder what they are going to do with tier 2 drops in MC. Think they got taken out in 1.5 or sometime around DM.

Well C’thun was proven to be mathematically impossible… but that was before all the theorycrafting we know today. It would be interesting to try at least.

1 Like

I don’t think Pre-tuned eye is even remotely possible outside of some seriously crazy luck.

That was just the first step they took in nerfing C’thun… Modern players cried in Legion about several bosses and they were also nerfed…

Yes but that was also due to the time it took to level, and mmos were “new” back then.