Ragnaros dead

All the salty people commenting “aweee but world first was 15 years ago QQ”, you are adorable.

1 Like

Somewhere on an empty retail server:

“HAH, Classic is ez!”

1 Like

So much for Method…

1 Like

“Wow, Classic raids are easy”

Queues for his 5th raid clear of the day

1 Like

even if they didnt have private server knowledge it would probably still be killed just as quick

2 Likes

Woah woah, wait. Being “at least as hard as mythic is now” on the date of my post is a very far cry from “the hardest content the game has ever seen.” There has been content in the game that was harder than any raiding content.

Incidentally, I stand by my actual statement. You’re saying Ragnaros was downed by a guild whose members had apparently previously done thousands of pulls on the fight on private servers and in Vanilla. My post was posted on March 14, so “mythic … now” was BOD in a near end of patch maximally nerfed state, when people had gear 10 ilvl higher than when Jaina was first downed.

Give Method a few thousand pulls on BOD in that condition on the PTR, then release it without changes, and do you think it would take longer or shorter than 24 hours after getting appropriate level and gear for them to down Jaina? I think it would have been a heck of a lot shorter than 24 hours; in fact I think they would have one shot the whole instance.

No.

Why the double standard? These guys just killed Ragnaros with 15 people below level 60 and in greens. They didn’t have “appropriate” gear.

If BfA re-released and Method went into Mythic Uldir as fresh 120’s like APES did with Rag, they would never kill Mythic G’huun, even if they had a million pulls on the boss.

Classic raids are a joke.

2 Likes

MC was tuned for 1.03 and about 30 people. I’m not concerned about the easy raiding. A bunch of people with no lives and treating it like a job killed rag in a week. So? Meanwhile people with kids and jobs are in the barrens still because they only have an hour or two to play.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s fine. My posts aren’t directed towards people who don’t care about this. I’m quoting people that make ignorant, categorically false statements like “Classic raids are as difficult as current Mythic raids”.

1 Like

Some people are just delusional lol. MC was meant for people in greens IF you knew the fights perfectly. For the rest of us though? I know it will be at least 2-3 months before I get 60 much less raid. No problem for me I did it all when I was younger and had no life.

My post said “as mythic is now” on March 14. At the time of my post, the average raiding guild was in more than 415 gear.

But hey, change the gear to the 400-405 gear such as people had before BOD opened, and that wouldn’t change a single thing. Method would still have made it through BOD quicker and more easily than this guild did through MC.

To the extent that Ragnaros going down to people in mediocre gear means anything, it just proves that the MC was more about skill than gear, the exact opposite of what the Retail raiders have been claiming.

I have done the hardest 40 man raiding, I was in Datascape, you were all messing around with puny Gods.

Such skill.
Much wow.

did he drop a pet?

1 Like

“Normal” people will do it within a week. Two at most.

1 Like

Mediocre gear.

Mediocre.

Many of them are wearing level 20 blues.

I joined The Shadow Watch shortly after TBC released because they were one of the top guilds in Vanilla on Maelstrom and had killed bosses in Naxxramas.

I had to leave and join a fresh guild made up of members from TTL and C88 because the players in TSW were absolutely awful at the game and we were stuck progressing in SSC.

A guild with Naxx bosses down got stuck in SSC. Classic raids were incredibly easy. I really want you to go into a Mythic raid so you can understand, I mean really understand the difference between current Mythic raids and Vanilla raids.

2 Likes

I mean…did you watch the VoD? The warlock whose perspective was shown was doing: Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Lifetap, Shadow Bolt, Lifetap, Shadow Bolt etc etc etc. Can you describe where the “skill” comes in?

4 Likes

Thats why naxxramas was returned for WOTLK, and people failed at doing half of the mechanics they kept, right?

Naxxramas was notoriously easy for the first raid in that expansion.

Pretty sure their justification for porting that raid over to WotLK (besides the obvious thematic connection) was that not many people actually got the chance to clear it when it was current content in Vanilla. It was both expensive to even get attuned (if you weren’t exalted with the Argent Dawn) and the expectation at the time was that you were supposed to gear up for the current raid by clearing the previous raids. Which was a tall order for guilds who didn’t already have them on farm.

You can argue that Wrath Naxx was numerically undertuned (which wouldn’t surprise me if it was), but I think it would be disingenuous to ignore the fact that by the time it rolled around again, raiders had already become accustomed to more complex and unforgiving mechanics than they would have been when it was first released in 2006. Hell, just compare the Patchwerk-esque fight that was Gurtogg Bloodboil in Black Temple to the literal Patchwerk…

Seriously who cares. All this proves is they are unemployed and have too much time on their hands.

1 Like