Raid Tuning Concerns/Classic Longevity At Risk

They are treating classic as a live service, not as a temporary 2-3 year exhibit. So I would argue that longevity is still a concern for the game even if no additional content is created for it. You need to maintain interest large enough to warrant keeping it open. Museums rotate exhibits otherwise once you go once why would you ever go back? The game version of that would be server rerolls, but how do you do that without forced rerolls and without killing servers due to people leaving for a fresh one.

Museums aren’t generally free, so people aren’t really going to be willing to pay for it more than the first time to see the same exact thing again. As Mayhap just pointed out, the major difference between private servers and Classic is cost.

there is no road map after phase 6 naxx…if they do anything like add new content force it to tbc any at all …I unsub and dont look back…if you want things after naxx they have a game for you it is called BFA currently GO PLAY IT.

I’m not asking for Classic+, I’m just curious if they have plans for opening new servers after that point for people who want a complete reset.

I think it’s safe to say there will probably be a TBC server coming out as well.

I am ok with them releasing a TBC server down the line as long as they LEAVE THE CLASSIC SERVERS ALONE…I wont play it …But I have no problem with it existing.

1 Like

What about introducing new fresh classic servers?

I like those 19 second Gehennas and Shazzrah kills. There was a person on this forum arguing that MC was going to be at least as hard as current Mythic raids.

Ahh, here it is:

Just lol.

1 Like

as long as they leave the current classic servers alone…they can do what they damn well please…short of that I unsub

As long as they don’t overtune it to make flasks mandatory for everyone in BwL, I’m all for it. If it’s buffed by 30-50%, it will still get cleared quickly by APES, but it will last much longer for the average joe guilds without requiring them to flask.

Yeah I could never argue vanilla content being harder than Live mythic raids other than super fringe cases like release C’thun where it was mathematically impossible.

Those servers knew how to tune raids properly.

Considering it was first done by a guild with over a decade of experience with vanilla raids, and that Method planned to try for a world first MC, was beaten, and as far as I know never completed that raid, it still appears to have been more difficult than end of patch mythic, just as I said.

Not even close, not even close.

I’m doing MC and Onyxia every week, we just did an Onyxia split and 19 and 21 manned her. The fights are in-between LFR and Normal mode. Mythic Uldir RIGHT NOW, with a raid full of Azshara’s palace geared players is harder than MC.

They never planned on going for a world first MC.

3 Likes

Uh, yes that is exactly the point.

Method lost to the grindy time monster, not the raid difficulty and mechanics monster.

Earlier This Thread

Now

Glad you’ve come around to my side? That was a weird way to do it by passing it off as some “new thought” you had right then. But, kudos for coming around.

1 Like

They’re treating classic as a 2-3 year exhibit, not as a live service. So I would argue that longevity isn’t a concern, and no additional content or rebalancing should be done.

People who wanted to be able to play classic want to play CLASSIC. Not some new game that looks like classic.

If you want classic+, that’s perfectly fine, but that is a separate game. Leave Classic itself ALONE. Let the people who want to play it do so. There have already been enough compromises.

1 Like

I was looking for common ground to start with. I still disagree with you on merging servers. I think they should do new servers, but I’m skeptical about how they will do it without killing servers and server identity (via merges).

Oh, and to further illustrate my point; there are currently only 240 guilds in the world that have cleared Eternal Palace after 3 months of that raid being out in Mythic.

There’s over 1000 guilds that have cleared MC after 6 weeks (which includes an extremely long leveling process). I don’t know why you just can’t admit to being wrong.

3 Likes

I didn’t say anywhere in this thread about wanting Classic+. Classic+ is adding content to do after Naxx that is in the spirit of vanilla wow with the same design philosophies.

There’s more people raiding an easier raid in a game that currently has more people playing it than people raiding the hardest raid in the game right now? Inconceivable!!