Classic live access on 27th Aug question, NOT a beta question

Hello

I was wondering if I have two active accounts on my blizzard account will I be able to have two instances of Classic open at the same time?

Blizzard recommend having your children on the same Blizzard account so what if both parent and child want to play classic at the same time?

This is a repost from the Classic section.

I imagine it will work a lot like how WoW accounts have always worked. As long as you have room on your battle.net account for 2 classic accounts, I’d imagine that having two active licenses would allow for 2 active classic games running too.

That said, while Blizzard allows you to share a WoW account with a child, they don’t actually recommend that the account be under the same battle.net account.

They would recommend that the child’s account be under a separate battle.net account (separate e-mail) so that the child doesn’t have access to your main WoW account etc.

You might want to look into having one of your WoW accounts moved to a separate battle.net account (sooner than later) as once your child is the right age to have their own account (13+), you’ll want to move their account off anyway. But anything that’s bound to your current battle.net will not be transferred with it. Mounts, pets etc. will be left on the original account.

The sooner you move it, the sooner that account can start earning its own account wide items :wink:

4 Likes

It seems like that’s the way it should work but I just need a blue confirmation on it.

1 Like

I’m afraid CS wouldn’t be able to provide any more information than is currently available to the public, Dottie. That said, the blog says this specifically:

Create Your Character

If you’re eager to claim your character name in WoW Classic, take note: we’ll be opening character creation on Tuesday, August 13.** Players with an active subscription or game time on their account will be able to create up to three characters per World of Warcraft account. We’ll have more information on realm names closer to launch, but rest assured—you’ll have plenty of time to figure out your plans for realm domination!

Since it calls out, per World of Warcraft account, I imagine you’ll likely be able to have more than one. I don’t have that officially, mind you, just based on what is already stated.

5 Likes

To be clear, we do not specifically recommend that you have your child on your account. Our policies allow you to permit a minor child, that you are the parent or legal guardian of, access to your account.

We recommend that a minor child have their own Battle.net account with their own World of Warcraft license. If they are under 13, the account must be in the parent/legal guardian’s name, but if they are 13+, but still a minor, we require you to set up parental controls. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Can I ask this again now it’s appeared on the launcher?

I don’t think we’re able to provide any additional information, Dottie. The update to the launcher doesn’t really change that. Any information that CS would be able to provide really would be available publicly through a blog, forum post or support article.

Although, now that you can see it on the launcher, doesn’t that answer the question itself? From what I can see when I switch to classic I have a corresponding WoW license that matches what I have for regular WoW. You have always been able to have multiple WoW licenses open at the same time, and that functionality likely isn’t changing.

Also can I ask why EU active players are not allowed to get into the new test?

Why? Because testing is currently restricted to North American accounts based on the needs of the Development team. Testing generally has specific parameters, stress testing even more so. I can’t say for certain because it isn’t under the purview of CS but they likely aren’t currently testing connections to EU servers right now, or connections to our servers from across the pond.

There is one more question if I may, are all the Classic realms going to be US based or will the EU have some too? So far I believe all the testing realms have been understandably US based.

Connection from EU to NA wouldn’t be a great experience, though it might help recreate some of the latency I remember in the early days. >.>

We have servers in EU so there isn’t any reason to think that this wouldn’t apply to Classic as well.

1 Like

Ok thanks for your replies.

We are at 27 days to go now, any further information? This is Dottie as I can’t post on her.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/22990080/mark-your-calendars-wow-classic-launch-and-testing-schedule

Having reread this post I can see the quote

Players with an active subscription or game time on their account will be able to create up to three characters per World of Warcraft account. We’ll have more information on realm names closer to launch, but rest assured—you’ll have plenty of time to figure out your plans for realm domination!

I have a few of questions again. It states “will be able to create up to three characters per World of Warcraft account.” not “per active World of Warcraft account” so is that active accounts or inactive ones too? as the post just says accounts I would assume any account, inactive or not that has had a subscription in the past.

The second is can I have a Classic EU and Classic US on one account? With both a US and EU active account on one Blizzard account?

Well, considering you need to have game time to do the name grab, I’m gonna assume “active” wow account. But we will see on the 13th.

Not sure about that, then again, we’ll see on the 26th.

You might want to ask on the Classic forums, but be warned, people can be quite “testy” there.

There’s a decent amount of info available now here*:

It explains the different servers/regions that should be available.
*Thanks to Rufflebottom for that link too :wink:

I’m also pretty sure that each paid account to retail that you have will give you access to a corresponding classic account. I can’t remember where I saw that, but I’ll add in a link if I can find it.

3 Likes

Any publicly available information would be posted on our website, through a forum post, blog or other new article. Such details won’t likely be available from Customer Support. Though once posted, we’ll probably be able to link you to them. :slight_smile:

You’ll need an active account to access Classic, so I imagine it would be per active World of Warcraft account.

You are able to have a US and EU WoW account currently, it seems likely that you’ll be able to have both for Classic as well.

2 Likes

Also I am still wondering if I get a Classic wow for every active account I have. So if I have 2 active 8.2 WoW accounts for the same region I can have 2 copies of the same region Classic open.

In my launcher my World of Warcraft Classic has no option next to it for a dropdown to choose Warcraft Classic accounts even though I have 2 active subs in one region, but there is still time to go.

Not to be combative, but please remember multiboxing is not actively supported. You may have to figure out how to do this on your own. Some people may be able to tell you in the Classics forum. Multiboxing has come up several times there. I’m sure by day one someone will figure out how to do it.

3 Likes

I’m not going to multibox but someone on the EU forums has said if they have 8 active accounts you will be able to log into all of them on either Classic or BfA but not both.

I’m confuzzled. And I’m sure it’s me. Are you looking to log in to BFA and Classic. at the same time, or multiple instances of Classic at the same time?

Or… are you asking if you get a Classic account per BFA account?