Characters deleveled - Khadgar

Vrakthris posted about that earlier:

1 Like

Ah, thank you!

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

1 Like

*insert clip of Dean screaming to death because of a cat *

That’s a scary bug… Wish you all well people of Khadgar!

1 Like

Since the issue has been determined, can you share whatever information you can about it? I understand there maybe some things, if not all, you cannot disclose. I for one am just curious what happened. Either way no hard feelings, thanks for working it out as quickly as you did (and could) and sorry this all came up at the worst possible time.

Also a follow up question, Is the fix going to be character based, account based, or server based? I’ve talked to a lot of friends who played and were thinking of coming back possibly for shadowlands, and they’re worried about whether they’ve been affected or if their characters will be fixed without them sending in a ticket. I’ve told them to send in tickets of course to be certain, but I have to imagine one day there will be a player who comes back to the game after a while only to notice a few of their characters are not what they should be.

4 Likes

Blizzard is unlikely to give more information about what caused the issue than has already been given. If they do it likely will be with the hotfix information.

Most likely it will be on a server-based basis. Whenever possible Blizzard makes the change server-based as it is the fastest method and allows them to get all accounts affected. Blizzard should have a list of all affected characters/accounts. If it were account-based or character-based the fixing process would take a long time. We would not have seen it resolve so fast on as many accounts that posted here.

A ticket to make sure is not a bad idea.

If someone comes back to WoW and characters seem to be missing/changed from Khadgar, they could reference this thread and issue in a ticket. For ALL OTHER realms, this issue does not apply to them as this issue ONLY happened to Khadgar characters.

2 Likes

That’s a different issue than the issue happening on Khadgar. The random appearance of characters on the realm list, or the disappearance of characters, has to do with the realm connections. Just visiting the realms clears up the issue.

The issue in this thread is about characters on Khadgar disappearing, reappearing, and/or being deleveled. This issue specifically is only happening on Khadgar. It is not the display issue you encountered. I had this issue with one realm. It no longer showed I had characters on it. I logged into the realm and the characters were there and the realm list showed them again.

The issue with the Khadgar realm is that in some cases you logged into Khadgar and the characters still didn’t show up. Or ones you deleted/tranferred/faction-changed reappeared on Khadgar. Or your character was deleveled and gear down-graded and gold missing. Characters that reappeared could also be deleveled from their current level as well.

1 Like

Should my ticket on this be closed considering the problem still isn’t fixed?

My ticket is also closed and not fixed yet.

1 Like

It wont let me submit my ticket so I will just post here.
Still waiting for my lvl 120 druid to be restored. i have not purchased the next x pac nor will i renew my subscription until this issue is resolved. The deleted character was a farmer for mats which has caused me to spend gold on the AH for mats. In addition I PAID to have the character transferred to a low population server (with TWO other characters) and name changed six months ago, to its current realm - which has now become a HIGH population server. So now we are talking around $75 I PAID Blizzard and I have just gotten screwed FOR NO FAULT OF MY OWN. I get “we are all doing our best” but for the record: If I have to name change my druid when i get it back I will expect a refund and 30 days of gametime. If you aren’t going to do this for a customer of over 10 years…why would I continue to PAY for this bad customer service experience.

You’ve been waiting for a solution to a problem that started on Tuesday, after the maintenance, for three weeks? Either you are lying or you have a completely different problem and your commenting here like that is still pointless.

2 Likes

There is nothing worse than thinking you are right when you are wrong in public forum. This is a customer support forum kind person. i am not off topic. I have been dealing with this issue for over 3 weeks now. I wanted the customer support staff to know ALL of the problems this caused me. And once again: I would not have put this in the forum if I could have opened the ticket as instructed.
My server was merged three weeks ago and my character disappeared then. So I thought all the folks that just had this issue happen to them should be aware it might take a MONTH for the issue to be resolved. Enjoy!

1 Like

From your other thread, it sounds like your ticket is in the hands of the development team who will need to take extra steps than what is available to Game Masters.

From my experience around these forums, such issues can take time to be resolved, especially when there are underlying issues that would need to be resolved first.

I’ve yet to see a case where something absolutely wasn’t able to be done. I know you’ve been waiting for a long time, but the definite key here is to be patient. You will be updated once a resolution is found.

5 Likes

Khadgar wasn’t merged though (at least it hasn’t been yet), the issues didn’t come for a merger. Also the characters were more rolled back rather than deleted.

Not to undermine the seriousness of the problem but they are 2 totally different issues with likely different causes.

2 Likes

I appreciate your understanding. This whole experience has just left me a bit salty. i want to Thank all the Blizzard employees who are working to restore my character. This just really sucks. Everytime I log in and create a new character to reset the character select screen (as instructed) and have to buy mats on the AH it makes me want to log out and rage quit. Probably means i am too invested in the game I have loved for close to a decade.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what is Blizzard’s strategy for restoring a character that has “disappeared” due to this issue, whose name has since been taken by another player? I know for a fact that this has happened to me. Luckily for me, a friend took the name so I can get it back, but this could happen to others who are not so lucky.

And to be clear, my character was not deleveled, it is simply gone. The ticket I opened yesterday has been closed. This is a level 120 character that I have played as my main since vanilla.

1 Like

Still not resolved here, very patiently waiting. I’m afraid to log into my account for fear of disrupting the process.

1 Like

Hey all,

Just wanted to provide an update this morning. The team was able to resolve issues with a number of Khadgar characters last night and work will continue today.

We’re not able to offer an estimate when specific Khadgar characters might be fixed, but this is a top priority for the team right now.

Thanks for your continued patience!

5 Likes

Thanks Kalviery, if it offers any hope to others I just checked and my one alt is now back at 103 (was deleveled to 34). I still have issues with other characters but at least there is progress.

2 Likes

Chopskii-Khadgar dk still level 90… and of all things a gnome… I used to be a worgen wtf bliz that’s low blow… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like