Characters deleveled - Khadgar

Good luck to Blizz on figuring this out. I know it’s frustrating for everyone involved.

3 Likes

Your ticket should show up here.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/case/

Direct Question: if my subscription expires will I still have my character restored?

Yes, of course.

2 Likes

Disappointing overall as we are missing Brewfest and final leveling push prior to Shadowlands release. Night two of not playing the missing character.

A post was split to a new topic: Unable to access game

Hello all!

Posting with an update, as promised.

As many are aware, this has been a very high priority for us since it started.

We’ve reached a point where we fully understand the issue and we will continue working to resolve it. Players who have missing characters or de-leveled characters should start to see what they expect returning this evening.

Since this process will take an as-yet unknown time to complete, it may take longer than this evening to resolve.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We’ll update you here if the situation changes.

20 Likes

Thanks, glad to hear it!

2 Likes

Vrakthris thanks very much for keeping us updated on the situation.

3 Likes

Um, funny thing here. So far (cause I’m still checking) 4 of my characters from the brazilian server Goldrinn had their transmogs reverted, but not their levels. And one of them lost all the heirlooms I equipped yesterday.
I’m posting here and sending a ticket because it’s weird this is happening on a server that is not even going through any merges.

Update

My toons are normal again. I logged on them and they’re as expected.

2 Likes

I hope so. It was very disconcerting to find my lvl 120 Holy Pally was lvl 43, no gear, no quests, no saved transmogs, no hearthstones from the garrison or Legion Dal, no pretty much anything.

1 Like

Submitted my ticket, hopefully this can get resolved soon. I’m nervous to touch any of my other characters too much, for fear of messing up the recovery process. And I’m not active on any other realms…

I’ve been having that weirdness on my own account for the last two weeks or so, maybe a little longer, with quite a few random servers showing I have characters on them but I don’t and never have. I also went through the steps you did by logging into the server and then going back to check the server list - the rando servers stopped indicating a character after doing so. The only thing I did not pay attention to was if those servers were joining servers I was already on…

1 Like

Yes, same here. I did not give it much thought at the time, but it may have been an early indicator of bit rot. I guess I should have reported it.

Hi guys and girls,

With the most recent Blue Post on this thread, I though I would give it a few hours and see what happens. However, it looks like I am still missing my 120 Male Draenei Paladin (currently bring replaced with a level 34 Female Human Paladin).

I made a ticket concerning the issue, but the GM responded saying it looked like I had logged onto the Paladin after making the ticket. Therefore, according the GM, the issue must have been resolved. This is not the case. I am still missing the 120 Male Draenei Paladin.

I have not closed the ticket, because the issue is not resolved. However, I did not want to be a nuisance and reopen the ticket, seeing that there were several posts made that everyone at Blizzard was aware of the issue.

Also, is Khadgar and Alleria still being merged with Exodar and Medivh? I only ask because the announcement is no longer on the breaking news on the log-in screen.

Thank you!

Vrakthris posted about that earlier:

1 Like

Ah, thank you!

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

1 Like

*insert clip of Dean screaming to death because of a cat *

That’s a scary bug… Wish you all well people of Khadgar!

1 Like

Since the issue has been determined, can you share whatever information you can about it? I understand there maybe some things, if not all, you cannot disclose. I for one am just curious what happened. Either way no hard feelings, thanks for working it out as quickly as you did (and could) and sorry this all came up at the worst possible time.

Also a follow up question, Is the fix going to be character based, account based, or server based? I’ve talked to a lot of friends who played and were thinking of coming back possibly for shadowlands, and they’re worried about whether they’ve been affected or if their characters will be fixed without them sending in a ticket. I’ve told them to send in tickets of course to be certain, but I have to imagine one day there will be a player who comes back to the game after a while only to notice a few of their characters are not what they should be.

4 Likes