(Cata) Pet Bar

The pet bars are hidden behind Action Bar 2 and 3 on both my hunter and warlock. When I remove those two bars, I can see them. But I need them. Then when I put them back, the pet bar does not adjust above Action Bar 3 like it used to.

10 Likes

SAME PROBLEM! I was trying to help my husband fix it, and I was fine until I logged into my level 15 warlock!! Both of us are impacted too. Default interface

Steps taken: reload (obviously), swap characters, disabled all addons, went so far as to delete my entire interface folder.

For what it’s worth my hunter’s pet bar looks way different than my baby warlock’s.

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem. It’s making getting geared on my fresh 85 difficult since one of the pet abilities is part of my rotation. I might have to make a macro in the meantime.

1 Like

I’ve been having a problem with my 'lock pet bar disappearing for a few months. A reload of add-ons would sometimes bring it back. No problems with my hunter. Gave up and ran my pally.

Three weeks away, and now I see my 'lock pet action bar is hidden behind action bar 2.

So, I played with Action Bar options, graphics options, hair pulling etc.

I moved my add-ons out of the classic folder just to get the out of the picture, but that did not help at all. Next I did a repair but no difference. Then I deleted classic and reinstalled. Still have the same problem. My add-ons are still sitting on my desktop awaiting re-install.

My wife, thinking she could compare her settings to mine, has now ended up with no pet action bar for her hunter (main toon) and her 'lock. I’m glad her love transcends all bounds.

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, I do see the pet bar there, too! Was wondering where it went.

EDIT:
There seem to be some other threads about this now also, and yeah it def seems like a UI bug.

:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

yup having the same problem on 2 different warlocks, tried no addons and reinstalling game didnt fix it, it wasnt like this yesterday i assume it was with last nights game update

2 Likes

I just started a warlock and noticed the pet bar was now above action bar 1 and under action bar 2. So I switched to my hunter main and it was the same.

1 Like

Install Moveany on Curseforge for a temporary fix, worked for me.

2 Likes

Same problem here. Someone posted the following script on Reddit and it works like a charm (I made it into a macro so I can activate it anytime the pet bar hides behind action bars 2 and 3 again):

/script PetActionButton1:ClearAllPoints()
PetActionButton1:SetPoint(“BOTTOMLEFT”,fpet,“BOTTOMLEFT”,400,100)

I am having the same problem. I have run every script posted here and by Blizz on another query - none worked. Scan + repair’d and re-installed already and still my pet actionbar is hidden behind my actionbar #2. Frustrating and makes the game unplayable.

2 Likes

Weird. That script did nothing when I tried it.

1 Like

Hopefully this works for you:

/script PetActionButton1:ClearAllPoints() PetActionButton1:SetPoint(“BOTTOMLEFT”,fpet,“BOTTOMLEFT”,400,100)

That is copied directly from my macro and works perfectly on my end.
Let me know if you have issues with it.

1 Like

There was an error when I cut and pasted the script. The script should read:

/script PetActionButton1:ClearAllPoints() PetActionButton1:SetPoint(“BOTTOMLEFT”,fpet,“BOTTOMLEFT”,400,100)

That is copied directly from my macro and works perfectly on my end.
If it still doesn’t work, I believe Ghorak has the right idea!
See his post here:

Thank you! None of the versions on the forum here worked for me, but copy/paste from the Reddit post worked fine.

I may just keep MoveAny installed, though, because I love moving stuff around. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Carchbite I’ve never heard of that addon. I might have to check that out!

I’m trying to remember how many stinking scripts/work arounds/addons I’ve had to install and mess around with because Blizzard can’t fix simple things - LIKE A PET BAR.

FML

5 Likes

Bumping this back to the top… None of these scripts are allowing me to move my lock’s pet bar from behind the Action Bars. This toon is dead in the water.

Blizzard. Please fix this immediately!!

3 Likes

I am experiencing this bug too. The scripts do not fix it. Moveany is a bandaid that works for me.

1 Like

The reason the copy/pasted version doesn’t work is smart quotes. Replace them with regular straight quote marks and it’ll work.

If you’re on a DK (with a stance bar on the left) you might need to change the 400 to a higher number like 1000-1500 (experiment to find the right spot for you).

1 Like

Small indie company theres a bunch of bugs in the game